TheBeeze

Great Brick War General Discussion Thread

On 9/3/2017 at 2:52 PM, paintballman said:

I've been away dealing with some personal matters... But the good news is the staff has been working feverishly in my absence on the next campaign and it is going to be released very soon. 

We apologize for the delay, but we also thought it would be best to slow down a little bit so nobody got burned out. 

Some of my feedback:

• missing 2 campaigns should not result in a punishment. Especially not since this is already campaign 4 since February, making 1 campaign every 2 months with a reaction time of 1 month to build. There can be a lot of reasons why one can not build for some months for a specific RPG. Sometimes it is a distraction, leading to less interest in the said RPG. What I learned when playing GoH and BoBS is that players tend to be inactive for some months and then suddenly return.
  • This is the case for me. I haven't participated in GBW for 2 campaigns due some real life stuff and other dead lines. Now coming back, I have to admit I have no clue anymore about what happened. I can't find the outcome of campaigns 2 & 3. There is the BBN, but it does not address the start of the campaigns, nor the outcomes. Which is too bad, as the BBN would be the perfect tool to keep track of all events, not just the side events.

If I may address...at least with regards to what happened on our side (RoN)...

In no way is the removal of players a penalty, at least not for the recent purge...maybe it did not come across that way, sorry.  I just want people to be able to play, and if there are those that aren't participating (not just building, but at least reading messages and contributing to conversations), then I felt that they should be removed to make room for others who may be interested...and apparently a few others felt the same.  AAR posts are only hidden, so that player can always come back.

I get what you're saying, other things come up, I know this for a fact from BoBS.  I made sure to participate in conversations, until the repeated snide comments from leadership, on our own team and in general, I stepped back to take a look at things and decided that it wasn't working out, and that I didn't feel I wanted to be part of that team any longer.  Merc4Hire spoke up on his own and stated things weren't working out the way he had planned.  If things turn for him, I welcome him back!  Silvasio and KyloStabbedFirst have had well over three months (90 Days) to contribute to a conversation...but nothing.  No builds, no communication, they didn't even read the PM.  So we moved them for the time being to let others in who may be interested.

It's tough with all of these build games going on right now.  I've actually been approached about a prospective Sci-Fi / Steampunk building game in the near future.  But with AG, BoBS, SW, TGBW, and GoH, those are a lot.  And if you're involved in two or more...I GET IT, YOU'RE SUPER BUSY!!!  I just ask players to be honest with their team and themselves.  Hope that cleared up some things, at least why the RoN is a little bit lighter this week than last week?

On 9/27/2017 at 2:39 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

I've actually been approached about a prospective Sci-Fi / Steampunk building game in the near future.  

Wow, that sounds awesome, tell us more! :grin:

18 hours ago, paintballman said:

If this question does not belong here, please move it elswhere: Where is the Brick Of Nations headquarters ?

BON Headquarters is located in New Selussia

Also, in an effort to try and spread the word around here, we'd greatly encourage players to add something in their signatures to link to the Great Brick War. Whether it simply be a hyperlink, or a cool banner. 

38 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

Also, in an effort to try and spread the word around here, we'd greatly encourage players to add something in their signatures to link to the Great Brick War. Whether it simply be a hyperlink, or a cool banner. 

YES!  We want to boost our player base.  I see we gained a new body for the game, welcome Bucket, and it's only a matter of time before someone decides to jump ship.  So hey, let's help advertise this game, who knows what might show up for a build challenge in the near future..

As much as we want to boost our player base in this game, we also want to have open and available opportunities for those players.  So, the following players have been dormant/inactive in the game for a while now.

@Chris182

@Connor Querin

@JSN

Are you still interested?  Would you still like to be part of your team?  If so, that's fine, just let us know. 

Likewise, if you choose to 'retire', that's ok as well.  We know life can add up.  Just drop a message to @Stash2Sixx or @TheBeeze and we can take It from there.  Thanks all!

Sorry about any problems my absence caused, but I have returned and look forward to building some more. My apologies.

4 hours ago, Silvasio said:

Sorry about any problems my absence caused, but I have returned and look forward to building some more. My apologies.

Welcome back !

Filace and several other COAC Nations have relocated a number of their aircraft to southern Studica in what some view as a preemptive move for a bombing mission as a prelude to invasion.

The above text is taken from the latest news

It seems to me that our forces are moving by themselves or... by a godly hand (in this case the mods). Why is this happening?

4 hours ago, BoBKiD said:

The above text is taken from the latest news

It seems to me that our forces are moving by themselves or... by a godly hand (in this case the mods). Why is this happening?

...or...it's fake news...:tongue:

5 hours ago, BoBKiD said:

I don't believe anyone said Plantasean forces were moving....

Just a general update: Scores have been posted for side builds that were pending.

We are still waiting for our guest panel of judges to produce a winner for the Recruiting Campaign Prize Package. It shouldn't be too much longer, sorry for the delay. 

Lastly, Campaign 5 will be landing later today, hope everyone is looking forward to it!

A question about the points and the abilities:

66-79 Points - Special Forces- The Elite. Carrying out highly specific missions with great effect. *UNLOCK SPECOPS Missions at Level 73*

Special Forces used to run SPECOPS Missions. What is the difference after Level 73?

80-95 Points - Expeditionary Force - *PLAYERS ONLY ON this rank can utilize Paradropping.*

What is this about? As "Expeditionary Forces" are all the overseas armies fighting in Studica.

We have recently been discussing the game and getting player feedback in the COAC Chat. There is a point I would like to address publicly. The staff and I welcome an open discussion on the topic:

On one hand, a number of you have asked us to create maps and provide more specific details on the game. On the other hand, you ask for more power in the players' hands to drive the game and be creative. 

You see the contradiction here right?

We are trying to find a balance with this but it seems like no matter what we do we can't seem to make everyone happy. We provide rough guidelines in hopes that players will be creative and take the ball and run with it. We don't want everyone building the same city or being tied to restrictive guidelines. We want people to have the ability to be creative and do what they feel like within our guidelines. Yes this is a game, and yes we play along a story line; but the underlying purpose of what we are here for is to build what we want to build and find enjoyable.

The more restrictive we get with details and guidelines, the more people we will turn away. Take a look at the rule set in BOBS and see if that's something that you would want to just jump into. They are constantly caught up in fighting over rules and finding out ways to keep people building creatively and not just for points. I am trying to avoid over regulation here. 

Question since I am a bit confused:

When are we allowed to build side-builds? During the campaign period or at any time? 

We are working on a new revamp to our point system courtesy of some recent player feedback. We are going to be introducing some new things that can be done by using the points you've earned to purchase in game perks. These will range from things you can use in a campaign to aid your team, to propaganda, to perks for you as an individual player. 

We would like some ideas. What would you like to be able to purchase with your points?