So not sure if anyone noticed, a new brick version of LDD came out today. I'm working on finding all the new stuff they added.

As far as I can tell, the only new pieces added were the 1x1 brick with 2 corner knobs and the new Technic bucket. Lame.

Edited by ChristopherLee

Yeah, weird to get such a small parts update. Hopefully there's another larger one in the pipeline to be released soon!

Indeed. I find it weird how they'd only release one part in this update. There are many more new pieces that need to be added that were released around the same time or before this corner brick. I don't see any bug fixes either. That needs to be taken care of as well.

Yes, a very very small update. Only three “files” in db.lif were modified/added: 1 info file where version has gone from 2248 to 2248.1, and 2 new files for the meta-infos about 26604 and its geometry. Nothing else. (100% certain: my .wine directory is under git)

Part 26604 is a part used in set 31058. That set is one of the 4 sets that can be used in the Lego Ideas Testlab contest.
It's allowed to enter with digital models too (LDD/LDraw models).

So, it's probably a small update because of that contest.

9 hours ago, Ordinareo said:

What a pointless and disappinting update, i was hoping for a more bigger content update.

Same here, was at least hoping for the 2x3 Flat Tiles, then I can finally start to reduce the number of 1x3 Flat Tiles in my builds.

I do wish there were more bricks. But I do appreciate that they added the corner stud 1x1 brick. I needed that to improve my skeleton dragon moc.

I just saw it update now, cannot see any new parts yet but at least it's like a reminder that TLG still cares about it.

what I thought above seems to be correct, because it's now official. This update (which added only a single new brick) was because of the contest at the Ideas Testlab:

The missing brick - is missing no more!

As many of you know, element 6175968, which was introduced in the new 31058 Mighty Dinosaurs set, had been missing from the LEGO Digital Designer (LDD) element library. This meant that those who were building digitally with the elements from this set had 4 less elements to be creative with. That's not the case any more however, as we managed to get the team behind LDD to create this update in a hurry...all it took was a lot of ice-cream and a bit of convincing! Next time you open up LDD, the missing element will download automatically and you should be good to go. 

Have any questions related to LDD? Please refer to the LDD Support page for help. 

Happy building!

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

what I thought above seems to be correct, because it's now official. This update (which added only a single new brick) was because of the contest at the Ideas Testlab:

So, for future reference, if we want more LDD updates the secret to getting them is sending the LDD team ice cream. :tongue:

Small update but 6175968: Brick 1X1, W/ 2 Knobs, Corner is definitely a very useful part! Thanks TLG !

On 2/14/2017 at 8:53 AM, Lyichir said:

So, for future reference, if we want more LDD updates the secret to getting them is sending the LDD team ice cream. :tongue:

Notes Taken :grin:

nDvlXan.png

i think it would be great to have frequent small updates instead of waiting a huge one for years. If this is the case, of course. Perhaps they just needed those pieces for some side project or something.

We need a BDD (Bionicle Digital Designer), with all the parts, patterns, and a full color palette.

This update isn't working for me. Every time I launch LDD, the new part won't show up in my parts library. Can someone please help me?

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

This update isn't working for me. Every time I launch LDD, the new part won't show up in my parts library. Can someone please help me?

The new part is only available in “LDD extended” mode.

Menu View / New themes / LDD extended

The top toolbar will be brown instead of blue. All the parts will be presented as red: You need to change the main color with the color palette under the part palette or paint them with the paint tool (different than in “simple” LDD mode).

Also, check what the “Brick Version” is in the About window (F3 or menu Help / About).