It is a well known fact that the Kazzar are not particulary enamoured of the Witches of the Moruth Swamps. At least, since the witches have started to steal valuable Kassava claws from the various tribes, to make drugs that are much sought after by the Black Spire.

So, when a travelling Swamp Witch reaches a Shadowmere Guard encampment at the base of Shadowwmere's great black walls, the grizzled Kazzar Blackcloak commanding the small detachment of veteran zombie warriors is swift to react. Only a swiftly barked command from an inspecting Fenrir Bloodcloak saves the witch from a gruesome disembowlment by a Kassava lance.

31049829071_aa48f233a6_c.jpg

The witch arrives.

31049830511_ce7baffbc1_c.jpg

The Kazzar Blackcloak.

31049819731_eee65ed2dc_c.jpg

The Witch herself, apparently of Mitgardian descent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C+C welcome! I'm not too sure on the style of pictures, was fiddling around with some editing software.

My main two critiques: the ground and the walls could use some texturing and foliage. I like the lime ice cream as bubbling swamp and the edge of the swamp is nicely done.

I can only agree with Blufiji: the swamp is defenitely the best part of the build, I absolutely love the use of the ice part! :thumbup:

Glad to see you increasing the scale a bit! This has many great details, Vlad, especially the swamp. I love using lime green for water, myself. I think the primary area for improvement is the colossal black wall, as it is just too much unrelieved black for my liking. More texturing, or something, would have helped, or else slightly better lighting on it. As it is, it is a big, black monolith where is hard to see what exactly it is doing. Black is hard to photograph, I've been told. But I hope you continue your story, as I am curious to see where it all goes!

Thanks!

The wall suffers from poor lighting I think. I'll try and have a bash at new photos tomorrow if there's decent daylight.

small and simple and yet very nice. keep them coming, you got me totally curious now! ^^

Nice landscape and I like the battlements on the wall and the 'mini' tower up there :thumbup:The lime green does work well Nocturnus swamps :classic:

Beautiful moc LV ! I would prefer not to use those red details on walls tho. Also the lighting is a bit harsh imo :wink:

Excellent build, LV! The ground texturing, and sections of rock in front of the wall look very nice. :thumbup: 
Great work on the swamp too :classic:

Oh, nice to see that you picked up the lore of a tribe that was created by a different builder, years ago. Nice way of refreshing our knowledge and increasing the cohesion between the mostly separate canons of the Notcy builders. :thumbup: I like the bank and the walkway.The minifig posing and the barricades also help to express the hostile atmosphere. :thumbup:

Thanks guys!

The Kazzar were one of my favourite tribes to come out of the contest. Combine that with the idea of GoT Kingsguard and Goldcloaks, and the Kazzar Blackcloaks, the most elite shock troops in the Shadowmere Guard. I'd previously used a single Kazzar character (he brought up a young Vlad after saving him from an attack), and these warriors are that guys kinsmen, sworn to Vlad's service. Still don't like Witches stealing their kassava though!