hachiroku

[MOC] Jaws Orca (or just an old fishing boat, with instructions!)

I think it would be a nice addition to the Old Fishing Store :laugh:

I made this around a year ago for a photo to recreate a scene from Jaws (a movie that I really like):

17677656344_15ffe304a5_c.jpgLego Jaws scene by hachiroku24, en Flickr

I decided to rebuild it to add more details and to make instructions:

30192049795_4c19953e44_c.jpgOrca from Jaws (with instructions) by hachiroku24, en Flickr

30077662582_9d5fd81c37_c.jpgOrca from Jaws (with instructions) by hachiroku24, en Flickr

30077664562_f2af504d8f_c.jpgOrca from Jaws (with instructions) by hachiroku24, en Flickr

Edited by hachiroku

I don't know how this compares to the source material but it's a nice little boat the way it is.

2 hours ago, Dazz said:

I don't know how this compares to the source material but it's a nice little boat the way it is.

Here it is, if you're curious:

gone_fishing.jpg?x54166

14 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Here it is, if you're curious:

You did a good job matching the colors, overall appearance and small deatails, too.

Awesome design and this one won't have it's stern eaten by a giant shark.......Lego don't make them that size. :laugh:

Brick On 'hachiroku' ! 

Footnote - have you considered posting this on Lego Ideas it might have a chance ?

That's a fine boat and it really does somewhat resemble the Orca. This reminds me of the NES game Jaws. Do you remember that? Would be a cinch for LEGO Ideas as they seem to be going crazy for '80s licences now, something like this would be a shoe-in for Ideas. :classic:

Thanks to everyone!

On 9/10/2016 at 11:27 AM, lightningtiger said:

Awesome design and this one won't have it's stern eaten by a giant shark.......Lego don't make them that size. :laugh:

Brick On 'hachiroku' ! 

Footnote - have you considered posting this on Lego Ideas it might have a chance ?

On 9/10/2016 at 11:03 PM, Only Sinner said:

That's a fine boat and it really does somewhat resemble the Orca. This reminds me of the NES game Jaws. Do you remember that? Would be a cinch for LEGO Ideas as they seem to be going crazy for '80s licences now, something like this would be a shoe-in for Ideas. :classic:

The problem is that a Ideas project requires time to be promoting it. Making, new photos, videos and more stuff if you want to reach something.

I don't have that time right now. I prefer to dedicate the free time I have (I'm in my third year of Physics, so you can imagine...) to my YT channel. But after Christmas I want to do something different, so, probably, I will start an Ideas project or something.

I find this incredibly lush. Your shaping is great and colour matching is very tidy. Feel like adding a brick built shark at scale?

That is a lovely little boat but it looks like the back should be a couple studs longer to match the source material. Great job on the design!

Ha instantly recognized this boat, great job. I do agree though, the back should be a little longer. It looks more like the boat after Jaws chomped the back off of it. Regardless excellent work. 

On 10/16/2016 at 12:54 PM, Ben Andrews said:

Feel like adding a brick built shark at scale?

THIS!