just2good

LEGO Ideas: 21310 Old Fishing Store (Fall 2017)

I don't remember an Ideas set getting so much positive reaction before.
Didn't think it would make it, but I am glad it did.  Looking forward to all those nice tones, especially sand green.  Will probably need an extra set for parts.

I really like this set and glad it is going through to becoming an actual set we can purchase. I haven't been too enthusiastic with most of the Lego Ideas sets released so far but I do like this one a lot. The only thing I am concerned about is the potential price point for it.

2 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

Don't get me wrong I like the set but I also loved the fossil museum. 

Yea, I liked the collider set as well but all in all there were a couple of good models I really liked and this was one of them. All to say that it may not have been my first choice but for me at least it was a good choice.

Great news! I wonder how much different It will be as an official Ideas set.

I hope Merchant's House will be the next Ideas set.

Very happy with their choice this time around. It'll no doubt be expensive but it'll look great. :wub:

Edited by Legocity2713

I am quite happy that its no license theme this time :wink: Also the fishermans shop looks very, very, good. Even if the final model might not have much going on as a playset, its sheer scenic beauty will surely attract a lot of adult buyers. Its quite like the architecture models in this regard and I think that adults are more the typical target audience of the ideas-line anyway.

So TLG have decided to try something new, but at the same time they didn't, because similiar sets do already exist. It is a good decision either way, if you ask me :classic:

Edited by Littleworlds
Fixing stupid autocorrect errors from android keyboard. Grrrr

The Old Fishing Store is awesome looking and it's not a licensed build. I think that there will be a lot of unique parts in this set. I am looking forward to the final design. :) 

www.mylegotalk.blogspot.com 

Predictable. Otherwise all of them will get a pass. I bet however they make 5 of them and they sell out in 4 hours and never get more of them. When they announce the launch date anyone who wants the set better call out from work.

Great to see a building/creation like this chosen at long last. Got to wait a whole year yet before it comes out next fall tho.

What a great surprise! So long as it stays sand green this set will be in my beach scene ASAP.

Hopefully this paves the way for similar style buildings in the future. :thumbup:

Yeah, have to agree this is one of the first Ideas Sets that really appeals to me - it's a wonderful build, pretty interested to see where they take it, and happy to see something original as I feel that they're mostly licensed stuff (though I only follow them loosely, so that is only a feeling).

I thought nothing would pass, so when she was about to announce this set I honestly had no idea which one had passed. I figured this would be too big. Unless it's scaled down, I don't think this will sell well outside of the AFOL market for detailed buildings. I may be priced out of it too.

Always thought it was a great model of course!

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What a heck?

I didn't see this coming!

I bet they will included the a fisherman minifigure

Can't wait to see the final!

What's with the Engrish all of a sudden?:wacko:

I wonder if they'll give it the 'winter village' treatment, where it has a nice detailed front and sides on it but with no back...

Edited by Fuppylodders
Double post

1 minute ago, Artanis I said:

What's with the Engrish all of a sudden?:wacko:

Haha sorry  I was in a hurry while typing that :laugh:

It's fixed now.

It looks great! It captures the mood well, has great architecture, a healthy amount of nice earth tone parts too. I wonder what the final price will be.

Day 1 purchase! Never guessed this one would pass. I'm curious which colours they will use in the final product.

I hope you'll find a fishing rod in your shop to catch good luck.  I like the playability of your creation and that you combined a few different ideas in one set. Perhaps we can exchange building techniques because I like some of your ideas. What really inspired you to create the set, I wonder? I guess other fans would like to know it as well. Will you add some other pictures?