Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

On 12/13/2016 at 10:19 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

7) Hello, I am a character and my presence here is related to a new minifigure accessory that has been released in 2016

Is it a hold-able accessory? If you don't consider parts that were in Series 15 or 16, the accessories introduced in 2016 that stuck out to me are the hourglass, the teapot, and the boomerang... is it any of those?

On 12/14/2016 at 1:20 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

#10: NOT ASIAN

A Central/South American or African figure would be a welcome addition...

My guess, 7) is a baby -  related to Babysitter's and Tribal woman's baby, but the minifgure won't be exactly a tribal baby, just baby. Short legs, stereotypical baby hat and a bottle of milk.

And NOT ASIAN might be an Australian. Aboriginal, with a digeridoo?

Ok, I'm going to make a full list of guesses, based on Itaria's posts

3) Mailman.

4) Zombie.

5) Terracotta warrior. It's been suggested so much, it's about time they make it

6) I have no idea. 

7) Baby. 

8) Someone with a very vertical head?

9) Ice cream.

10) An Aborigin, as I said.

11) There are few possibilities. 1 - Vet (related to animal control and zookeeper), 2 - Someone from British royalty (related to the queen and guard), 3 - Female wrestler (related to boxer and the wrestler)

12) I can't see this being anyone other than Gladiator. 

13) You won't trick me with that subtle hint at 14), this one is Donald Trump. Or Kim Jong Un. Or Adolf Hitler. Or a robotic, demonic alien octopus with poop launcher. Really, you got me intrigued with that description.

14) A singer. Inspired by real life person. Michael Jackosn, David Bowie... you get it.

15) What else than an astronaut? But there's already one in series 15, so this is unlikely. Another alien, based on E.T., officially named "Friendly Alien"?

16) Crocodile hunter, or something similar.

Edited by Cagast

Hello,

I have been scolded by the person who gave me the list for hinting too deeply.

We had an agreement. I will hint again, but I will stay more generic.

So:

As far as I know, there will be no new molded heads this series.
All the characters will have the usual classic head.

On 12/18/2016 at 5:09 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

instead of another Battle Dwarf I'd have prefered a new princess or knight. And instead of a Hot Dog Seller there should e. g. be a skate scooter guy.

You may know something that we don't know yet... are you confirming another Battle Dwarf and a Hotdog Seller? :sweet:

On 17/12/2016 at 3:09 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

There will for sure be some great new minifigures. But for my taste there are too many re-designs of figures which imo not necessarily need to be brought back. And some characters are for my taste too generic and already released in regular themes. So instead of another Battle Dwarf I'd have prefered a new princess or knight. And instead of a Hot Dog Seller there should e. g. be a skate scooter guy.

Well, we'll see.

@Klaus-Dieter

Are you saying that Battle Dwarf and Hot Dog Vendor will be in S17?

6 hours ago, makoy said:

You may know something that we don't know yet... are you confirming another Battle Dwarf and a Hotdog Seller? :sweet:

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

@Klaus-Dieter

Are you saying that Battle Dwarf and Hot Dog Vendor will be in S17?

Oh, I thought that this was already known. :wink:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks! @Klaus-Dieter :sweet:

So, the list so far:

1. Circus Strongman

2. Butterfly Girl

3. Battle Dwarf

4. Hot Dog Vendor

So, @Itaria No Shintaku's clue #7 has to be about the hot dog bun, right? Released in 2016 in the Angry Birds theme

I'm not sure about the Battle Dwarf clue.... only #5 makes sense for a Dwarf

Edited by Robert8

26 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Oh, I thought that this was already known. :wink:

Do you know any more minifigures in series 17 that you could share with us?

The Lego Fan

Edited by The lego fan

It would be really nice to have a new helmet piece for the Battle Dwarf but unfortunately I do not see it happen and most likely we will get it with the old one. 

Hmmm, Hot Dog Vendor ... I just got one in the People in the Park City set, but oh well ... Battle Dwarf sounds interesting, and since I didn't get the Dwarves from previous series yet it will be an interesting new character to have in my collection.

Looking forward to learning the rest.

And just for fun, I'm going to throw out a guess - the "Making the 80s great again" ... could it be a Break Dancer?

4 hours ago, DarrellBricker said:

Hmmm, Hot Dog Vendor ... I just got one in the People in the Park City set, but oh well 

Fun in the Park was a trap.

The baby was released in CMF S16 and now the Hot Dog Vendor.

I'm guessing the Businesswoman will be next ?

Edited by Robert8

Hot dog vendor? Meh. Battle Dwarf? This one could be good. I liked the one from series 5 so i hope this one is equally good or even better. Will he swing an axe again, or a hammer maybe?

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Fun in Park was a trap.

The baby was released in CMF S16 and now the Hot Dog Vendor.

I'm guessing the Businesswoman will be next ?

Especially if they release a wheelchair-bound figure in the CMF set ... :D  But it was a pretty good trap to fall into! :)

I love the peanut suit idea but I think it only makes sense for minifigs in the food costume to be advertising for official lego food parts, since apple and pizza suits seem ruled out, my best guess would be a carrot suit, the fit and bag feel for it would be roughtly the same as for the hot dog and banana suits.

It's great how Klaus dieter comes in here and gives us news about two more minifigures. We can stop speculating, we now have something to talk about instead of just basic hints. Thanks Klaus!

52 minutes ago, amazingbricks said:

.. We can stop speculating, we now have something to talk about instead of just basic hints..

So, how exactly is talking about a (confirmed) name different from speculating? :hmpf_bad: We can only imagine what the actual minifigure could look like. 

Maybe someone can confirm we are NOT getting a shepherd with a sheep,  since you can't say we are. :classic:

Battle Dwarf is needless. The series 5 one was good enough, and we had different variations of the in Castle, LoTR, Hobbit. I can't see how this one could have interesting look or pieces at all.