22 minutes ago, AOW said:

silly question, when exactly we would see the pictures from the Nuremberg Toy Fair ?  

Today, I hope. Waiting for!

Oh my, that Gravitrax looks sweet. I first thought it was a continuation of the Lego GBC theme in some super sleek Technic before noticing it's Ravensburger. 

Porsche fender panels in purple!

And is that a batter box in the back of the Fire Truck?

Edited by BusterHaus
Seems I'm not quick enough.

Not loving them at all. Fire truck looks bland. Adventure thing looks odd and purple! (I don't have purple in my colour mix yet). The big truck looks huge, and I just don't get it! Not sure about the colour combination either. Oh well so my for the 40th Anniversary... #disappointed 

7 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

Porsche fender panels in purple!

And is that a batter box in the back of the Fire Truck?

You can build your own PURPLE Porsche 911! Cool! Isn't it?

If THAT should be a 40th Technic celebration, then.....

Edited by KLF

3 minutes ago, KLF said:

That's all I wanted! Not some cool color like white/lime/black or even yellow... purple!

I think it's not a battery box but just a function switcher for 42068.

42069 looks like it will look very bland without stickers...

Just compare the two photos above - upper with older sets and lower with newer sets. The older sets look so much more elegant!

Edited by Huaojozu

2 minutes ago, KLF said:

If THAT should be a 40th Technic celebration, then.....

Assuming its the same shade of purple as the panels found in 42048.. (and other purple parts needed)

Honestly, i think the fire truck looks the most like a proper technic set, the other models suffer from LSD-influenced colour choices and just frankly looking weird in the case of the tracked thing...

Ill be skipping these

You know, I think it's really nice they keep producing Technic panels in more and more colors.
But the annoying this is that I keep wanting to collect those more and more colors. And Technic panels are often relatively 'expensive' on Bricklink so I often just buy the whole set, because for a 'few' euros extra I get a couple hundred (thousand) extra parts. And it looks like they're using more panels every year. Whoosh! There goes some money. :laugh: :tongue:

Ah well, we'll see. My first impression based on that image: looks cool, but so far last year was waaay better.

8 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I like 42069!Its me, or it use duplo pieces for baggage?

To me they look like they are made of system parts.

Mah mommah always used to say: "If you ain't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!".

Except of course that Mum doesn't actually speak English, nor repeats herself very often, but I digress.

Anyway, in the spirit of the above, here goes: "WOOT, budget for a CLAAS just opened up!"

It was always gonna be hard to match '16 (let alone outdo it), so '17 was always going to be a subjective disappointment, but two cartoonish top-range models? And nothing else (of note)? That even makes it objectively disappointing...

1 minute ago, JimDude said:

It was always gonna be hard to match '16 (let alone outdo it), so '17 was always going to be a subjective disappointment, but two cartoonish top-range models? And nothing else (of note)? That even makes it objectively disappointing...

Thing is, so far we've seen only 3 out of (probably) 5 or 6 models, so who knows... Maybe they keep the best stuff as a surprise.
But yeah, so far, 2016 looks way better.

I don't really understand how that tracked vehicle need the Claas packaging. It doesn't even seem to have power functions. Maybe it's the equivalent of the 42029 Pick-up Truck?

It's even more unusual that the remote control doesn't have red bushes for knobs!

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Just now, legolijntje said:

Thing is, so far we've seen only 3 out of (probably) 5 or 6 models, so who knows... Maybe they keep the best stuff as a surprise.
But yeah, so far, 2016 looks way better.

I'm afraid that's just wishful thinking. We may see 42067 at some point, but honestly, I think these 3 sets are it for 2H 2017.

Just now, Huaojozu said:

I'm afraid that's just wishful thinking. We may see 42067 at some point, but honestly, I think these 3 sets are it for 2H 2017.

Agreed, 2015 H2 only had three sets, as did 2016 IIRC (plus the porsche)

Just now, vectormatic said:

Agreed, 2015 H2 only had three sets, as did 2016 IIRC (plus the porsche)

Wow, I was under the impression every year had 5 H1 sets and 5 H2 sets, but apparently most sets are already H1 nowadays. Never realized that :grin: