1 minute ago, nguyengiangoc said:

New connector in white: Pin hole with vertical pin hole

I think it's the regular pin with pinhole recolored into light bluish gray connected to a light bluish gray beam... You can see them in light bluish gray on the A-model where the tail rudders are connected as well.

7 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

I think it's the regular pin with pinhole recolored into light bluish gray connected to a light bluish gray beam... You can see them in light bluish gray on the A-model where the tail rudders are connected as well.

Thanks. That sounds more reasonable than the idea of pin with vertical pin hole.

41 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

- Axle hole with pin got recolored into LBG

Which part did you refer to here? Don't really understand what you meant, sorry

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

Thanks. That sounds more reasonable than the idea of pin with vertical pin hole.

Maybe, but it would be nice to have such a connector :)

6 minutes ago, HallBricks said:

Which part did you refer to here? Don't really understand what you meant, sorry

Sorry I meant pin hole with pin recolored into LBG. The same as what you said earlier.

3 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Sorry I meant pin hole with pin recolored into LBG. The same as what you said earlier.

Aha, okay thank you

1 hour ago, nguyengiangoc said:

- Any jet enthusiast can enlighten me on what that motorized wheel rim is?

4.jpg

I believe its modeled off a F35, it is used to hover the plane, the F35 has an opening hull to stabilize the front though.

Image result for f35 hover

watch and learn :sweet: : 

however central fan is missing (in F35 dorsal and belly opennings) and they are crutial for VTOL functions. So there is main part of F35 design missing, without it rear thrust vectoring is sort of pointless - or wrong if it should represent some technical feature of real plane

edit: actually it looks like there is dorsal opening. my bad.

Edited by J_C
I added last 2 sentences under videos

Since the hull can be opened manually, I guess there's another wheel rim inside it to serve as the front stabilizer.

On another note, it seems like the jet has rudders, elevators, but no ailerons. Is it realistic for jets like this to not have ailerons?

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Four wheel steering using liftarms, no gear rack:

6.jpg

Soo, pin hole with pin in LBG in the jet, but in DBG in the ocean explorer. Let the rage of recoloring begins.

6.jpg

Looks like another attempt from Lego to redesign the worm gear after the failure the other year.  Can be seen at the front of the Boom on the telehandler

2 minutes ago, GoldVillage said:

Ty nice set of pictures! Telehandler and jet plane looks even better than expected and FINALLY black triangular panels :thumbup:

Finally worm gear that is just ONE STUD LONG! AT LAST!

Now I have to figure out where and when I needed that thing...

I'd let my dream go wild and wish that in the jet, the propeller + the upper doors + the belly doors simultaneously, because that's the way the F 35 works.

Remind me of Lego gear geometry, this new worm gear will have to have a larger diameter than the old one to meet that rack, right?

Just now, Thirdwigg said:

Remind me of Lego gear geometry, this new worm gear will have to have a larger diameter than the old one to meet that rack, right?

Seems so. Also, it means that we will have a worm gear that works with bevel gears.

Most of new technic parts can be done cutting old ones, it is everything invented or there is no imagination?, 11 studs axle, 3 studs axle without head and even the new small worm gear and I am not talking about colors yet :laugh: .

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

Most of new technic parts can be done cutting old ones, it is everything invented or there is no imagination?, 11 studs axle, 3 studs axle without head and even the new small worm gear and I am not talking about colors yet :laugh: .

Interesting line of thought. Following it further, which piece would you consider the last inventive piece to be launched in Technic?