Itaria No Shintaku

Is anyone else fearing that Nexo Knights is meaning NO new castle them

Will TLG produce historic castle themes in your opinion while Nexo Knights is in production?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Will TLG produce historic castle themes in your opinion while Nexo Knights is in production?

It is both strange and equally weird that TLG listed NK amongst Castle themes, when it absolutely is not a Castle theme, but an Action theme instead. It simply has little to nothing to offer for Castle builders, perhaps with the exception of some parts and minifigures from evil faction(s). And the good faction? Oh no, not with those god-awful tron lines on torsos and legs. But, regardless of that, they consider it so and will not produce a new Castle theme while NK sets are still on shelves. A D2C Castle set in the meantime sounds a bit too far-fetched to me, the best (and the only) Castle-related stuff we're going to get are probably CMFs, until TLG decides to end NK and produce a real Castle theme, whether historical or similar to fantasy era. Even a Castle promo seems impossible to me, since we got one just this year.

How about a one-off D2C set in 2018: a modern version of the Yellow Castle for its 40th anniversary? Same overall shape, but tan or dark talk color, modern bricks, details, decorations, building techniques, etc.?

Alright, I know I'm dreaming...

It would need to be some form of yellow or it isn't going to be recognizeaeble as the Yellow Castle that I yearned over as a child.

As much as I do like Nexo Knights, I really do hope it does not become evergreen like Ninjago so that we can get a historic/fantasy styled castle theme.

It would need to be some form of yellow or it isn't going to be recognizeaeble as the Yellow Castle that I yearned over as a child.

Tan or dark tan would be a good replacement for the yellow. They are very close to yellow, but look more updated. Also, there could always be some yellow on decorative elements inside the castle.

I'd be most excited about getting updated versions of the knights:

cas085s.jpgcas081s.jpgcas087s.jpgcas083s.jpg

I'd love to see this classic heraldry on updated pearl grey armor, with updated printing techniques. I'd also love to see a new version of the classic x105 visor. Of course, they'd have to have their squires, and the castle guards, and new horses. Maybe even a King and Queen.

Anyways, I doubt it will ever happen, but a massive, updated D2C of the classic 375 Castle would be amazing. I would definitely buy it.

Edited by x105Black

Being modern times, they would feel obligated to name those knights. I reckon they should go with Cole, Jay, Kai & Zane.

It is both strange and equally weird that TLG listed NK amongst Castle themes, when it absolutely is not a Castle theme, but an Action theme instead.

The thing is, TLG don't use the term Action theme. That is an AFOL invention. However, on S@H Nexo Knights sets were NOT listed under the Castle category when both existed.

From what I am hearing, Nexo knights is quite popular among the kids. Will probably stay for quite some time. Lego has invested a lot into this theme.

I actually got to like nexo knights a bit, I bought a couple of the current nexo knights mags, the monster fig is amazing IMHO. WIll probably buy some more.

I hope they will bring out some serious castle in the future, hopefully not just a rehash of the last castle theme.

Any news about new themes for next year? Any chance for a western theme?

I cannot answer the poll. I do not think that lego will produce historic castle themes while Nexo Knights are in production (as in the survey) but I do not fear this (as in the title). I think there are plenty of sets available that are great for castle builders, including Nexo Knights.

I, sadly, believe that we fans of Castle are going to have to wait for quite a while... we won't get any new Castle sets, except for an oddball here and there like the current Classic Knight promo, untill Nexo Knights is over with - and that one will probably (unfortunately) last about as long as Chima or, if we're really unlucky, Ninjago...

I don't think TLG has forgotten us Castle fans! Just wait till you see the interior of 71040 Disney World's Cinderella Castle

It contains the most stunning Interior and useful Castle pieces released in a set in the last few years.

A lot of recoloured parts like the Witch-King crown piece in reddish brown etc.

The Disney theme may have parts that can be used for castle building. The Elves theme may have parts that can be used for castle building. The Nexo Knights theme may have parts that can be used for castle building.

But none of them are castle. They're no substitute.

Imagine you going to a restaurant:

You: I'd like a large Coke, please.

Waiter: We don't have Coke, but how about a Dr. Pepper? That's brown as well!

...not really what you would be looking for, eh? :tongue:

The Disney theme may have parts that can be used for castle building. The Elves theme may have parts that can be used for castle building. The Nexo Knights theme may have parts that can be used for castle building.

But none of them are castle. They're no substitute.

Imagine you going to a restaurant:

You: I'd like a large Coke, please.

Waiter: We don't have Coke, but how about a Dr. Pepper? That's brown as well!

...not really what you would be looking for, eh? :tongue:

Right on the nose.

It's a freaking Castle and "is not castle"?? *huh*

Does it have knights, shields, factions, medieval accessories, etc? No? Then, no, it's not Castle theme.

You don't try to fit a futuristic hovercar in the City theme by saying "well it's a car, isn't it?" as well, do you?

Being Lego "Castle" is more than just bricks and mortar.

It's also going to be several hundred $$, and as such should not be considered any serious "alternative" to an actual theme with sets at accessible price ranges (especially considering the shortcomings Hive mentioned).

Edited by thetang22

What Hive and thetang22 said. Sure, it is a castle, no doubts about it. But it isn't Castle theme, and it's not Castle with a capital C. :laugh:

it's not Castle with a capital C

That about sums it up.

Have a look online or in shops at this moment, you'll find more than a dozen different Lego sets with "castle" in the title. But that does not make them "Castle" sets, as useful as some parts may be.

Does it have knights, shields, factions, medieval accessories, etc? No? Then, no, it's not Castle theme.

While your point stands, I just want to note the Disney Castle actually does in fact have some or even most of those things.

Since we live in a time were everything has to be MORE, I don' t expect TLG to return to a normal castle theme any time soon. Everything has to be extravert, extra strange and extra futuristic these days to keep a kids attention. :sceptic:

Anyways, a part from mini-figures, the best caslte builds come from mods and do it your self projects. :wink:

Edited by Cyberfounder

Since we live in a time were everything has to be MORE, I don' t expect TLG to return to a normal castle theme any time soon. Everything has to be extravert, extra strange and extra futuristic these days to keep a kids attention. :sceptic:

Anyways, a part from mini-figures, the best caslte builds come from mods and do it your self projects. :wink:

Self projects are usually better than official sets, no argument there. But the big deal with lack of Castle theme is lack of new parts. Without a new Castle theme, we are stuck with the minifigures, weapons, shields, equipment and other Castle-related parts we already have. While this is already bad as it is, it is even worse for purists who doesn't use custom parts.

Self projects are usually better than official sets, no argument there. But the big deal with lack of Castle theme is lack of new parts. Without a new Castle theme, we are stuck with the minifigures, weapons, shields, equipment and other Castle-related parts we already have. While this is already bad as it is, it is even worse for purists who doesn't use custom parts.

We get a couple of decent minifigures (with accessories) every CMF series, but that's just not enough. With the increasing volume of licensed series, this is only getting worse. A real theme provides multiple very useful minifigures, accessories, pieces, and other such things. That's why a really nice, more mature Castle theme is what really needs to happen.

IMO, I think nexo knights is just going to stay for awhile. Looking at Ninjago, you have a blend of Asian theme with fantasy and tech scifi. I think this is what TLG will be doing with Nexo knights ie following the route which Ninjago is on.

Short answer, seriously doubt there will be any castle sets being released as long as Nexo Knights are around.

I really hope Nexo Knights is the new Ninjago in terms of staying power. Knights + sci-if pushes all the right buttons for me. :classic: