Attika

Tribute Model 8880 Evo (Building Instructions added)

29 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Wow, those instructions look brilliant.  You've kept the old tradition of putting more than one part on a page  :classic:

And you've shared them for free.  That's incredible.

Thank you.

You are very welcome! Nice to see I'm not the only lady around on EB . Attika and I worked together to get this done. Without his help I may not have succeeded. It's definitely better because of him. Special THANKS to Attika. I didn't even realize it's been over two months since we started, WOW!

On 8/16/2018 at 10:01 PM, Boulderer said:

First snow, in the UK?  Could be a long wait ?

Tomorrow might be snowing if you've seen the forecast. :wink:

Edited by Attika
it is important to smile

@Attika & @1963maniac : Bravo, wonderfull work :thumbup: :wub: ! Thanks for sharing the instructions FOR FREE for which you deserve double honour! Believe it or not, I´ve just started to sort parts for this one because I want it to stand on my shelf next to the good old (yellowed :laugh:) 8880 and feed some nostalgic emotions!

I know it would mean some work to do, but would you mind to put it on rebrickable.com? It definitely deserves to be there! And you might want to start a race against https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-20022/hitchhiker/supercar-8880-reloaded/#comments  which is not bad too, but by far not as good as yours :wink:.

Might be important. There was a bug around tyre sizes in the instructions. It is fixed and updated on Bricksafe

30 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Thanks for sharing the instructions FOR FREE for which you deserve double honour!

It won't buy me a private jet, so what's the point to rip off fellow nerds? :pir_laugh2:  Or is it just me? :sweet:

21 minutes ago, Attika said:

It won't buy me a private jet, so what's the point to rip off fellow nerds? :pir_laugh2:  Or is it just me? :sweet:

Just my personal opinion - it doesn´t hurt anybody to pay for instructions - the worth justifies itself. E.g. my current model is considered too expensive by few people, but nobody forces them to buy. The vast majority doesn´t complain. On the other hand a few years ago I´ve made the experience that people don´t honour enough if instructions are for free, then it has (almost) no value for them and they even don´t say "thank you". Certainly 1000 people downloaded and only 1 of them expressed how gratefull he was.

As I said, it´s very honorable from you and I would like to express that not only in words, but by building your model and take some pictures of it next to the original 8880, before taking it apart few months later.

1 minute ago, brunojj1 said:

As I said, it´s very honorable from you and I would like to express that not only in words, but by building your model and take some pictures of it next to the original 8880, before taking it apart few months later.

That would be cool!

1 hour ago, Attika said:

They are some things in our world that can't be bought and I'm sure that the honor and respect are some of them. Well done and thanks again for the great co-operation with @1963maniac! You fully deserve all the greetings!

By the way, @Milan, can we ask you to add the link to the new instruction to the HOF post? It must be presented here, if the authors don't mind, off course.

Just now, Void_S said:

By the way, @Milan, can we ask you to add the link to the new instruction to the HOF post? It must be presented here, if the authors don't mind, off course.

Been there, done that...already :wink:

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

I get your point. Having the first instruction out I'm in lack of experience on this. Looking forward to see the pictures. :wink:

5 minutes ago, Void_S said:

They are some things in our world that can't be bought and I'm sure that the honor and respect are some of them. Well done and thanks again for the great co-operation with @1963maniac! You fully deserve all the greetings!

Let just not  forget those first steps you've made with the lxf. I'm sure it played a big role to get to this point. So this is on you too. :thumbup:

These instructions are great! Awesome model! :wub: The original 8880 might be way before my time, but I have to build this soon.

47 minutes ago, Void_S said:

By the way, @Milan, can we ask you to add the link to the new instruction to the HOF post?

Yeah, sure, let me just roll my sleeves up and....

46 minutes ago, Jim said:

Been there, done that...already :wink:

Oh, right. :laugh:
:thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Milan said:

Yeah, sure, let me just roll my sleeves up and....

Oh, right. :laugh:
:thumbup:

It's called "a day off" :wink:

Thanks to @Attika and @1963maniac for this great work. As i said, this tribut model is the perfect link between the original 8880 and the modern era of Lego Technic, and now as you release the building instructions i am looking forward to build this masterpiece one day. My sincere appreciations. :thumbup:

Is it just me...? I get a 'brick not found' error if I try to visit the BI url. Is the page set to special permission? I am logged in to bricksafe on my own account...

3 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Is it just me...? I get a 'brick not found' error if I try to visit the BI url. Is the page set to special permission? I am logged in to bricksafe on my own account...

I'm working on it, On my own bricksafe if I 'm clicking on the pdf anf the same message comes up. I have no idea what can I do

9 minutes ago, Attika said:

I'm working on it, On my own bricksafe if I 'm clicking on the pdf anf the same message comes up. I have no idea what can I do

Too many downloads, you crashed the server :grin: The pdf link works for me btw.

43 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I get the same message.

Looking forward to build this. Excellent model!

40 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

3 minutes ago, captainmib said:

I get the same message.

Looking forward to build this. Excellent model!

Changed the filename, hopefully it will last longer now:

https://bricksafe.com/files/Attika77/8880-evo-tribute-model/Attika_s_8880_EV_Tribute_by_1963maniac.pdf

@Milan or @Jim could you please update the HOF link. Sorry for exercising you on a saturday. Thanks

Edited by Attika

20 minutes ago, Attika said:

@Milan or @Jim could you please update the HOF link. Sorry for exercising you on a saturday. Thanks

"Been there, done that...already :wink: "
:laugh:

Just now, Milan said:

"Been there, done that...already :wink: "
:laugh:

So much about day off, huh? :sweet: Thank you

1 hour ago, Attika said:

Thanks a lot, works fine now. Might be just because I was using my phone instead of normal PC...

The instructions are fantastic, I can tell that A LOT of time and effort went in there. Really appreciated that you share them for free. Also thanx to @1963maniac, wonderfull job! I will definately build this model one day, after TC15 is done. Probably need to buy some parts, but it will be great showing it next to the original.