just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

I tried that but it doesn't work because I couldn't feel a bow piece at all, yet it was clearly there because I ended up with Daisy instead.

Mouse headpiece is extremely easy to feel for, ears are large and unmistakable. Ducks are always betrayed not only by their unique head with bill but by the rubbery tail attachment and their headgear, though you need to be vigilant to catch the headgear sometimes.

Has anyone else taken the hair from the new Ariel CMF and put it instead on the Ariel Minidoll?

Just2good posted a picture awhile back but yes, the new hairpiece looks incredible on the Ariel minidoll.

I am actually at Disneyland itself and I haven't seen the figures anywhere! Maybe the rumors the Disney Parks would get a special supply are false? I haven't checked the Lego Store yet here, so I need to look there to.

The Ariel hair looks good on the minidoll, if you can get past how awful minidolls look.

The Ariel hair looks good on the minidoll, if you can get past how awful minidolls look.

Well in fairness your not the target demographic :P

Well in fairness your not the target demographic :P

To be honest, no AFOL is the target demographic.

I am actually at Disneyland itself and I haven't seen the figures anywhere! Maybe the rumors the Disney Parks would get a special supply are false? I haven't checked the Lego Store yet here, so I need to look there to.

I was wondering this as well...

I'm still finding the Disney figures in stores near me and it's the first time I'm seeing them in each place. It's still quite early since the official release, so we may have to wait until stores are restocked to know for sure. A lot of places I went to also had plenty of Series 15, so it's possible that those stores are waiting until that stock dwindles.

Maybe the distribution of Minifigures at the Disney parks won't happen until later in the season (July?)

Edited by telaruhn

Mouse headpiece is extremely easy to feel for, ears are large and unmistakable. Ducks are always betrayed not only by their unique head with bill but by the rubbery tail attachment and their headgear, though you need to be vigilant to catch the headgear sometimes.

Maybe I'm just not good at feeling minifigures out? Neither my parents nor my brother could feel Mickey Mouse out either. In the end I just gave up and bought the rest of the minifigures I want on Ebay.

Tesco finally have these in stock! Picked up two whilst trying to feel for Genie and Aladdin, but I was a bit rushed because my friend was waiting for me to leave. Managed to accurately feel Genie, but ended up with Syndrome instead of Aladdin. Still, I love how Syndrome looks (even if I would have rather had Aladdin just based on love of that character)!

Aladdin is honestly really difficult to find. Does anyone have some easy tips to feel him out?

3 down, 15 to go!

Tesco finally have these in stock! Picked up two whilst trying to feel for Genie and Aladdin, but I was a bit rushed because my friend was waiting for me to leave. Managed to accurately feel Genie, but ended up with Syndrome instead of Aladdin. Still, I love how Syndrome looks (even if I would have rather had Aladdin just based on love of that character)!

Aladdin is honestly really difficult to find. Does anyone have some easy tips to feel him out?

3 down, 15 to go!

Feel for the small genie lamp and then confirm when you find legs.

I've found that the fez hat on Aladdin's hairpiece is unmistakable, if you're having trouble differentiating the leg pieces.

For any that are going to Disneyland in Anaheim I found the figures! They are at World of Disney in Downtown Disney. They are not at the Lego Store so no VIP points :(

However the Disney employees are helping guests feel the bags right now to! (Honestly she was there to clean up the mess left by several people feeling bags... But she kind of helped to)

At World of Disney I pulled Genie, Stich, LGM, Mickey, and Syndrome.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Finally, I managed to get 4 bags. I got Alice, the Cheshire cat and 2 Buzz lightyears, I think I was pretty lucky, although I would have liked it to get an other character then another Buzz (well, expect lgm) I'm happy, I wanted 2 of him anyway to make my own ultimate Buzz figure :D. The only problem is that the painting on Alice (especially her accessories) feel kinda weird, like it comes off really easy, so I better be careful with her.

So my snarfblatt arrived for Ariel and the contract scroll for Ursula ( it's not yellow .. yet ! ) I know they're not official Lego pieces but I'm not a purist and I really like them : )

image_4.jpeg

Edited by Jarreth2

Got what I wanted today except Minnie Mouse. The staff in my local store put the numbers at the back already so all I have to do is double confirm.

So my snarfblatt arrived for Ariel and the contract scroll for Ursula ( it's not yellow .. yet ! I know they're not official Lego pieces but I'm not a purist and I really like them : )

I'm not a big fan of fleshies, but your minifigures look cool with their accessories. :thumbup:

The Brickwarriors scroll used to be available in tan which is a closer colour match to its appearance in the film. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find in that colour any more.

I've found that the fez hat on Aladdin's hairpiece is unmistakable, if you're having trouble differentiating the leg pieces.

Feel for the small genie lamp and then confirm when you find legs.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try that as best as I can - I think this series is very difficult to feel for, TBH. Lots of pieces that feel surprisingly similar!

I think with Aladdin, I'll try to find the lamp again now that I have Genie and therefore I kind of know what the lamp would feel like. It's sort of like feeling a shorter minifigure head with two things poking out of the side. Hopefully I can find him, thanks guys!

I'm not a big fan of fleshies, but your minifigures look cool with their accessories. :thumbup:

The Brickwarriors scroll used to be available in tan which is a closer colour match to its appearance in the film. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find in that colour any more.

Thanks AmperZand .. I didn't realise it used to be available in tan .. I have an idea I might 'dye' it some way perhaps .. I was surprised they gave Ursula the trident .. She has it for such a short time in the film .. and if they make King Triton ( I'm hoping they do ) they'll have to give him the trident too because it's iconic to his character

I have an idea I might 'dye' it some way perhaps...

If you're willing to mod parts, you can get even closer to the colour of the contract in the film than Brickwarrior's tan. Its actual colour in the film is a bright yellow: https://texthelaw.fi...548-500-339.jpg . You can easily turn your white scroll yellow by washing it in soap and water, allowing it to dry completely, recolouring it using a yellow Sharpie, allowing that to dry completely, then giving it a light coat of Humbrol Satin Cote for permanence and allowing that to dry. That's how I yellowed Peter Pan's ears: http://www.eurobrick...75#entry2555206

Edited by AmperZand

The only thing I remember mentioned about a commercial was CM4Sci being all "Ey guys. Commercial, yo. Watch it sometime, K?", and I was just like "Dude, what's with that grammar?"

But seriously, the only one who's said anything about that is CM4Sci. And now he wonders where it went. Perhaps they canceled it after he leaked it and they just want to make him look wrong...That'd be weird.