Thank you for the massive update!

Just one issue I've found: the Arctic action main picture is missing (arcticaction.JPG)

Good catch, thanks. I'll try to fix that tonight.

Great work. I've been looking forward for years to seeing how you'd treat possibly the greatest Technic set ever (disagree with me if you like, but you have to admit that it'd be right up there).

You didn't mention which set you are talking about, but I am willing to bet it is 8480. Don't worry, I won't disagree with you.

I cant wait to see the 1997 Technic line and see what 20 years of Technic had achieve. Is that when LEGO introduced Mindstorms to the Technic system.

This was my First Technic set.

8808isosmall.jpg

happy I love DisneyTMTM!

This is a pointless reply, and repeating it three times all over EB makes it worse.

Try actually adding content to this thread instead of spam.

Update

I've just loaded perhaps the largest update to Technicopedia that I've ever done, but it's not 1997. Having read through this whole thread again about a month ago, one of the things I noticed was that many users said their favorite part of the site was the history with the new sets and new parts each year. With that in mind, I've added ALL the years from 1997-2014. That's right, I put up nearly 20 years of stuff. At this point you can't follow any links from those years to detail set information, but you can see all the sets from all the years of all the Technic sets ever. While I was at it, I updated every single category with new images and information on all the newest sets, and I added categories for all kinds of miscellaneous things that weren't there before. I hope you find this to be a big improvement. Let me know what you think.

Detail change list:

• Added history pages for 1997-2014.
  • Replaced all category images with renders.
  • Added categories for Racers, Competition, Slizer, Roboriders, Speed Slammers, Star Wars, Pull-Back Racers, and Micro.
  • Updated all category pages with set comparisons for everything through 2014.

The picture of the 41999 contains incorrect (and non-lego) tyres.

Excellent work by the way...

Edited by JunkstyleGio

The Code Pilot paragraph in the New Parts section of 1997 links to a page that is titled 8479 Barcode Mutli-Set, and has a couple of renders/photos of that set, but has most of the content from 8456 Fiber Optics set.

Owen.

This is insane, great work!

I found small flaw unimog rims are black instead of grey.

Thanks Blakbird! Much appreciated.

I discovered a typo, at the 1997 page under "Brick": 'The last new new length of Technic brick was released'

I might have missed a part but maybe it's worth noting that 2004 introduced the new bluish grey colours.

This is truly excellent and while I was hoping to read more about the 1997 models I have enough to read for a while. :thumbup:

Edited by Richie

Awesome effort! :thumbup: I was actually checking for updates yesterday :laugh:

Looking forward to read up on everything!

The picture of the 41999 contains incorrect (and non-lego) tyres.

Yeah, that's intentional. I want to show how it can look with aftermarket tires, but I'll probably take some shots with the standard tires as well when I get around to documenting that set.

The Code Pilot paragraph in the New Parts section of 1997 links to a page that is titled 8479 Barcode Mutli-Set, and has a couple of renders/photos of that set, but has most of the content from 8456 Fiber Optics set.

None of the set pages from 1997 were supposed to be uploaded yet. Fixed.

I found small flaw unimog rims are black instead of grey.

I am using some of Efferman's 3D printed wheel covers.

I discovered a typo, at the 1997 page under "Brick": 'The last new new length of Technic brick was released'

I might have missed a part but maybe it's worth noting that 2004 introduced the new bluish grey colours.

Fixed. As for the colors, that's a big quagmire that really is not a Technic topic so I avoided it.

8459 also links to a page, with picture/render of the 8459, but text from 8853

Not that I'm complaining; I just assume/hope even more updates are on the way :grin:

Again; great effort, I really enjoy reading the year-by-year summaries! :thumbup:

8459 also links to a page, with picture/render of the 8459, but text from 8853

Fixed. I think I got all of them now.

In addition to all the error reports, I'd welcome some feedback on whether or not writing about all the years and parts was a good idea as opposed to just doing all the models from one year at a time. I hope people find the update useful because it was a ***load of work.

With all that overhead out of the way, I should now be free to work on the individual years' models with less pressure. However, as you can tell from the site there are huge number of models in 1997-1999 so these will be the hardest years to complete.

Blakbird, thank you for this massive update!

Year 2000 has some issues:

- page title is 1998 (shown in the browser's tab)

- pic for 8307 is missing

I think years and parts was an excellent choice of priority. If it was me I'd go for "flagships through the years" as the next theme - they're almost always the most interesting, and tend to use most of the new parts. I could see the years with umpteen mini-models being somewhat tedious to update...

Writing about the years and parts is fantastic as it lets you clearly see how Technic evolves and changes over the years and the new parts are very interesting. Whenever a new picture surfaces of a new model I always look for what new parts it might have first.

Edited by allanp

The "new parts this year" section is my favorite, so I appreciate you started with this!

Ditto... although I enjoy reading about each set, it's great to flick through each year, and see all the new parts, and changes in design.

What might be really interesting, is a timeline of parts - how long various ones have existed for - when revisions occurred, and when they ceased to exist

I'm sure something like this could be extrapolated from existing databases easily enough - eg: bricklink.

I enjoy equally reading the sets I don't own, to discover amazing things about them, but also sets I do own, to see if your opinion matches mine, on them! :)

Technopedia is a really great resource! Thanks Blackbird for doing this.

Will post 2013 Technic sets be added to the site anytime soon?