Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Nice find! :thumbup:

The YouTube poster of this video is actually the creator of this early concept trailer, according to the video's description. There are a few interesting variances in the individual knights' designs; particularly, Clay dons a cape, Aaron has a plume and single eye HUD, and Axl has an overall more brutish barbarian look. 

By the way, I wonder if @Nabii has found some of the earlier concept art for this theme he said that he would be willing to share with us? :classic:

On 2-8-2017 at 6:22 PM, Nexo Bricks said:

I haven't seen Lance V Lightning anywhere besides the Legoland Discovery Center. What happened to it?

Exclusive set in europe, maybe also in the rets of the world.

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

I believe it's exclusive to Toys R Us here in the States.

It is.

Likewise, Aaron's Stone Destroyer can be found at Target Stores in the US.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:55 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Nice find! :thumbup:

The YouTube poster of this video is actually the creator of this early concept trailer, according to the video's description. There are a few interesting variances in the individual knights' designs; particularly, Clay dons a cape, Aaron has a plume and single eye HUD, and Axl has an overall more brutish barbarian look. 

By the way, I wonder if @Nabii has found some of the earlier concept art for this theme he said that he would be willing to share with us? :classic:

Yeah, that's Tommy Andreasen, the guy who comes up with the concept art and story beats for Ninjago and Nexo Knights - it's really cool he's been sharing development work with the public; I always find that fascinating.

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Those do look like knock-offs. But that Monstrox mould is pretty interesting

That is just the Ghostbusters mould from the GB HQ recolored and printed different. (pic from BrickLink)

19861pb04.jpg?1

Edited by Murdoch17

4 hours ago, Killian said:

I'll just leave these here...

*snip*

HHHHIISSSSSSSSS

My eyes!!!

I mean some of these would be cool to have. Especially those Scurriers.

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Totally knockoffs. I remember these being talked about awhile back and it looks like @Killian bought them. How are they in terms of quality?

They're not bad actually.  With a bit of parts mix and matching, you can come up with some great new characters. I especially like the option of a slimmed down Axl, and I love the fact that you can put the Cloud of Monstrox over a minifigure's head so he can possess them and finally have a body.  The scurriers are my favourites though, you can't tell they aren't a Lego product, they look really official. 

9 hours ago, Killian said:

They're not bad actually.  With a bit of parts mix and matching, you can come up with some great new characters. I especially like the option of a slimmed down Axl, and I love the fact that you can put the Cloud of Monstrox over a minifigure's head so he can possess them and finally have a body.  The scurriers are my favourites though, you can't tell they aren't a Lego product, they look really official. 

Would you be able to get a shot of one of the Scurriers with pic-related?

27170.png

31 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Wasn that Monstrux Piece also used for some ghosts in Ninjago a few years ago?

Yup, that's what it was introduced for.

27 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Wasn that Monstrux Piece also used for some ghosts in Ninjago a few years ago?

Yup, in trans-neon green.

On 9/11/2017 at 4:04 AM, Killian said:

Can you pm me a link where you got these, I want to mess around with some of them.

1 hour ago, bbquicksilver said:

Can you pm me a link where you got these, I want to mess around with some of them.

PM'd       :sweet:

You know. Since the colossus never flew in the show. I have to wonder why Lego bothered adding the wings. 

I know the sets are usually designed first. But it could have been redesigned if the writers said the wings would make it overpowered since it could just fly over the knights obstacles straight to Knighton.

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

You know. Since the colossus never flew in the show. I have to wonder why Lego bothered adding the wings. 

I know the sets are usually designed first. But it could have been redesigned if the writers said the wings would make it overpowered since it could just fly over the knights obstacles straight to Knighton.

Probably needed a full crown of forbidden powers for it to fly.  At least that's the head-canon excuse I'd use.

Edited by K_Tiger
I know damn well the proper spelling of canon. ;)

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

Wouldn't make sense to design AWAY a function, especially if it tested well with kids. I imagine making a set as appealing as possible would be a much greater concern than making it adhere strictly to canon.

5 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:
Spoiler

So did LEGO add all of season 4 to YouTube without telling anyone again? Because this is technically spoilers if they haven't.

Edited by Penkid11

Next magazine inclusion is a minibuild of Clay's jet:

Much like the mini Double Jouster, this thing looks well-designed for it's scale!