@Jim, could we see a close up of the new pump? :classic:

I think we can do that. Gimme a minute...

Am I missing something?

Hand pump and small pump for PF.

Hand pump and small pump for PF.

Assumed you were talking about hand pumps. My bad.

Many thanks Jim! :classic::thumbup:

No problem.

Up close and personal...

(click for hi-res)

28283515155_cdf2f695be_n.jpg 28179624222_f36de8f345_n.jpg

28205065541_2a17fb7337_n.jpg 28283515225_8b5d53a136_n.jpg

One dark green 13L liftarm! My guess is that it is used to replicate some green Volvo engine inside. But only 1 green liftarm...

Edited by nguyengiangoc

[...] If the new pump is completely studless, it would need extra integrated holes [...]

Up close and personal...

NOICE. It already looks like a huge improvement on the old one.

Cheers for the pics and inventories Jim - both this and the Claas have some nice surprises. I didn't expect to see three of these in there, and I'm actually getting excited for different lengths of pneumatic tubing what is wrong with me

Cheers for the pics and inventories Jim - both this and the Claas have some nice surprises.

I getting pretty excited for the Volvo as well. I love the fact that we are getting manually operated Pneumatic models as well.

In my humble opinion, that's more fun most of the time. Takes you back to 1984. Makes me think about the red excavator.

Hey, Jim!

Why you not update the photo of the first post of this topic and 42055, like 42056? there are many photos of the model on internet.

Hey, Jim!

Why you not update the photo of the first post of this topic and 42055, like 42056? there are many photos of the model on internet.

True. I simply forgot.

I will update them when I have the review pictures.

For now I have used this image:

28179224632_a11dbdecab_c.jpg

I getting pretty excited for the Volvo as well. I love the fact that we are getting manually operated Pneumatic models as well.

In my humble opinion, that's more fun most of the time. Takes you back to 1984. Makes me think about the red excavator.

My first Technic set was the Backhoe, wich was loaded with pneumatic stuff and even had two pumps.

While i also prefer manual pump over pf-pump it makes more sense in a vehicle with suspension to use a powered one.

Imagine the Arocs, everything would wobble if the manual pump was on the truck itself. If it was built in one of the outriggers, to get a stable connection to the ground it would be okay i guess.

There's always the option to place it horizontally. You will need to hold the vehicle either way, that's true.

Thanks Jim. I'm pumped up for this set. The new hand pump looks easier to mount in a studless build. Are both pumps used and connected together in the A model?

Are both pumps used and connected together in the A model?

Time will tell :wink:

I just wanted to ask You Jim, not to answer... thanks. :classic: Questions can be raised, but let's not spoil the review. I am sooo sure it is worth to wait!

Hold on Gentlemen, grab Your beer, prepare! :wink:

Hold on Gentlemen, grab Your beer, prepare! :wink:

You might want to grab more than a six pack, since it will still take some time for me to publish this review. You will most likely get the answers from other reviews.

Oh, I don't want to hurry you, Jim, who am I to order you? :classic:

What I wanted to point out: we are just someone, who enjoy the service you do for the community while sacrificing free time.

Take your time for the usual quality You used to bring to us. Collegues: Patience.

Thank you Jim. Your professional pics and reviews make me feel that I am getting a top quality product so your review will make the difference even if other reviews come first :classic:

I am so happy to see the extra pump for the PF and a great quantity of the newest pieces except for the 1L axle with pinhole. Seems like it's time to save money for this beauty

New hand pump looks absolutely interesting!! Again this medium size set seems to be amazing! What I like about it is that reminds me on proper old technic sets! Compact with lots of functions and features!

This medium size set has 1100 pieces :laugh:

well don't forget that every year sets grow up in size and parts count! :sweet: