Now I see why the price tag is like that, TLG needed to fund PR for that full size car....

LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS Sneak Peek from LEGO Factory in Kladno:

So, everything is put together in a box in Kladno, less than 30km from where I live, and still this set is 10% more expensive if I buy it from Czech Republic than if I bought it from Germany. Interesting...

I can't wait for EB reviews of this car once it comes out, looks like there will a lot of mixed feelings about this set. But I will still get it the first day, it looks great and it's orange :)

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to believe that a non or bad working transmission would pass quality checks within Lego..?

I own a reasonable amount of sets and only two sets of those (10213, restructure of fueltank, not really necessary i think and 8043 for some faulting LA's) had some adjustments after the set was launched. And even these modifications are not on the same level of a not working transmission.

But, we will probably all know what's what on june the 1st...

Couldn't agree more. With that much gearing it was expected that this transmission might have some issues on the lower gears as explained by Paul...but not to this point. Still day one purchase for me...after having read both Sariel & Jim's reviews, as Anio tend to be - in my opinion - way too harsh on some reviews.

(edit : grammar)

Edited by charlesw

I bet you guys remember the 8860 Car Chassis, with its gearbox? It also had way too much friction on the first gear, so it was disabled in the manual. When you motorized the engine, you'd enable the gear again (and if I remember correctly, you were instructed to disable the third gear at that point). I wouldn't expect TLG to do that today, but at that time, it seemed like an acceptable solution.

Edited by Beard

I suspect Anio just to lead us astray so everybody has low expectations and then all praising reviews come out at june 1st ;-)

So the model is not able to roll, even without the fake engine.

Hmm....

The designer video starts off with the designer rolling the car into frame:

So unless they used a model with the gearbox disconnected for that video, the real model doesnt have that issue

Im terribly on the fence about this set, it seems just a tad too pricey to consider it a must buy.. As i dont really care about the book, or it being a porsche.

I still have two copies of the earlier posted images. They seemt to subscribe your clear statement.

640x246.jpg640x234.jpg

Sorry, I was incorrect. They are equal by maximum inner circles diameter (that hold tire from sliding inside). But outside visible circle is larger on Porsche.

Sorry, I was incorrect. They are equal by maximum inner circles diameter (that hold tire from sliding inside). But outside visible circle is larger on Porsche.

Now the question is, do the tumbler tyres fit?

Edited by Didumos69

This was the only one that I could find.. I am sure there are more out there..

So then they would not rotate the axle..

Here we go..

k9NnIyW.jpg

is that entire car brick built?....how many parts did they use?

Functionality aside, has TLG made any remarks about the quantity of this set being released. Based on the remark that each set as an unique plate, I'm under the impression that this set will be similar to the 41999, which was sold out quite quickly (and then resold on the secondary market for inflated prices), so if you wanted to buy one directly from TLG, you had to do so right away. I'm still contemplating whether I should make this set a first-day buy or not given the price and the possible issues with the gearing. So I guess the question is, if you waited a week or so after release to buy it, will all these sets be sold out from TLG?

Functionality aside, has TLG made any remarks about the quantity of this set being released. Based on the remark that each set as an unique plate, I'm under the impression that this set will be similar to the 41999, which was sold out quite quickly (and then resold on the secondary market for inflated prices), so if you wanted to buy one directly from TLG, you had to do so right away. I'm still contemplating whether I should make this set a first-day buy or not given the price and the possible issues with the gearing. So I guess the question is, if you waited a week or so after release to buy it, will all these sets be sold out from TLG?

By the way they market it its most likely not a limited set, its exclusive as to the deal with porsche, but not limited in numbers. They want to cash in as much as possible and gain as much as possible attention from real-car enthusiasts.

The amount of possible combinations of the unique plate should far exceed the number of sets that will ever be produced of this set.

i would imagine it will sell out very quickly....and most will be profiteers wanting to cash in on hugely expensive parts or reselling entire sets for double the price.

The price is insanely high... its beacause of "special" packaging... lego knows how to increase price by giving some exclusive looks to its models

TLG! We're not fool! ✋

Edited by arshiaIQ

So we were both right. ;)

Can you test if the Porsche Tire fits properly over the F1 wheel?

That link above leads to Auto Bild's quick build video, which has been posted already.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

unless they used a model with the gearbox disconnected for that video, the real model doesnt have that issue

As far as I remember, it was stated that the design process for this set started sometimes in 2013. With close to 3 years in process, I can't imagine a major flaw like gearing issues would pass through quality controls and the design video would actually require disconnecting the gearing to actually show off a flawless rolling over a table.

Edited by Error404

Pictures were posted to instragram by RM8

EDIT: grammar correction

If it is the Prado, it is, IMO, a little better done, or with some significant modifications. If you watch the video in your link, there are many color variations in the chassis and much of the chassis and internals of the vehicle can be seen from the outside. quite a few gaps. The one in the shelf (zoomed-out pic I get it) looks to be tighter in the bodywork and less of the internals are showing.....

Nmapladem has made a reproduction of the Porsche gearbox demonstrating on the probable issue on this set (original topic on techlug : http://www.techlug.f...c10092-930.html )

In short : you need to apply some downforce on the back of the chassis for the transmission to work properly (like the real car though :grin: )

Assuming this reverse engineering build is correct, the gearbox doesn't move when rolled in lower gears? This is very disappointing. :sceptic:

Edited by Meatman

The unique plate in the Porsche is less like the one in 41999 (which was a serial number) and more like the ones in 70813, 70814, 70815, 70816, (which were codes to unlock digital content). In this case the digital content will be online rather than in a video game, but the principle is the same.

Rest assured that this set is not going to be anywhere CLOSE to as limited as 41999.

Edited by Aanchir

Never mind .. sorry

Edited by 1974

Hmm, did not know that the exclusive number was for digital content. Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll look forward for the reviews once the set comes out before buying it.