Third. I advocated a long time ago in this thread for some type of summary or condensing the info so it is more digestible. Breaking it into two threads would be one way to achieve that.

Actually I was thinking about changing this topic to "Porsche Speculation" and creating a new one when we have actual information about the set.

+1 :thumbup:

Hi,

maybe I can help a little bit:

Here is a link to a swiss online-shop which have some weight/size data on this set: http://shop.swisstoy...oducts_id=19146

product gross weight (incl. box & manuals) in kg: 4.825 product gross size (incl. box) in cm: 48x37.8x15.3

I assume that the box und the manual(s) will have on kg in total (maybe a little more), so we have a model weight of around 3.8 kg ... am I wrong?

Not sure what to make of this, but I'll be the first to go on record and say 3.8 kg is rather excessive. How reliable is that swiss website? Do we have the mass/weight of other flagships, just for comparison?

well, promobricks gives the same weight(4,8 for box, and 3,8 kg estimated for car). so it could be true but maybe they got it from the same source which told them wrong. who knows...

Here is a thought experiment. If we take all the posts in this thread, and split them into:

1. Questions

2. Real information

3. Repeat questions/answers

4. Speculations

5. Wishes

6 ...

Agree. I suggest a moderator edits the first post in this thread & then updates it as more information becomes available.

A quick summary from the top of my head:

1. "Known facts" (=speculation based on toy fair videos)

- set number: 42056

- a Technic supercar

- a Porsche

- new parts: fenders, rims

- tire size 81.6 x 44ZR

- some sort of paddle shift (sequential) gearbox

- independent 4 wheel suspension

- color: black with camouflage decals

2. "Educated guess", word of mouth, people who claim to have seen it, talked to TLG personnel,...:

- Porsche GT3 RS

- 1300-3000 parts

- price EUR 200-300 (sources quote EUR 200, EUR 229, GBP 249, EUR 300)

- boxer engine in the rear, 4 or 6 pistons

- box weight: 4.8 kg

- box dimensions: 48 x 38 x 15 cm

3. Pure speculation, wishful thinking, etc.:

- Power Functions (front lights, gearbox, steering, drive...)

- PF2 - new PF, Bluetooth controlled, etc.

- color: lava orange, ultra violet, white, silver,...

And my 2 cents' worth of speculation:

- TLG is paying DKK 0 to Porsche for licensing. This is also a promo for Porsche. There are other "hot" super cars on the market right now - the new Honda/Acura NSX for instance. Or BMW i8. Or McLaren P1. And hundreds if not thousands of present, past and prototype models TLG could do. And there must be a lot of brands willing to license their models to TLG for free as publicity/marketing stunt.

TLG already did Volkswagen AG models/brands: 10187 VW Beetle, 10220 VW T1 van, several Lamborghinis. And they did a BMW's brand - 10242 Mini.

Plus TLG already did a Technic Porsche in 1980, didn't they - 8860 looks like it could be a Porsche 356 chassis ;-)

My list of cars I prefer over the Porsche would start with:

BMW Turbo (1972) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Turbo

Ferrari PF Modulo (1970) http://www.pininfari...ferrari_modulo/

Lamborghini Miura

Edited by Ron1

Porsche has been postponed indefinitely and MAY not ever be released. My source (who absolutely cannot be named) didn't know much else, just that the designers had really high ambitions for the set and it has been in development for over 4 years now but sadly they are not able to reach what they wanted to achieve with this set just yet, maybe in a few years time which is why it's postponed and not cancelled entirely, though the feeling is that they might have to. Plastic Lego pieces can only do so much. Would love to know what their ambitions actually were with this set. :cry_sad:

APRIL FOOLS OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!

Edited by allanp

It just was too obvious :laugh:

However LEGO really seems to make a special color for its Porsche model, which would explain the relatively high costs for it.

It's the racing livery that gets used in 2016:

2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-gets-917-20-pink-pig-livery-in-awesome-rendering-99818-7.jpg

From a recent article of autoevolution:

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Gets 917/20 Pink Pig Livery
Dubbed the Pink Pig, this racer deserves plenty of credit for consolidating the carmaker’s motorsport reputation.

The livery, as well as the nickname, are a piece of German humor, as Porsche couldn’t help but notice the car’s resemblance to a pig - the compnay commissioned a French aerospace engineering company to refine the aerodynamics of the 917K.

German speakers or culinary experts will recognise the words on the vehicle’s body, as these represent the German names for the traditional cuts.

Edited by scooper22

Porsche has been postponed indefinitely and MAY not ever be released. My source (who absolutely cannot be named) didn't know much else, just that the designers had really high ambitions for the set and it has been in development for over 4 years now but sadly they are not able to reach what they wanted to achieve with this set just yet, maybe in a few years time which is why it's postponed and not cancelled entirely, though the feeling is that they might have to. Plastic Lego pieces can only do so much. Would love to know what their ambitions actually were with this set. :cry_sad:

Yes it is obvious, especially since I fell for the Korean joke... for the first 7 seconds that is.

Edited by hadidi1999

Not sure if it's been posted, but my source tells me the Porsche will feature PF 2.0.

Not sure if it's been posted, but my source tells me the Porsche will feature PF 2.0.

I would be happy to hear the details....tomorrow. When it's not April 1st.

I would be happy to hear the details....tomorrow. When it's not April 1st.

You couldn't have let me have a little bit of fun? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It seems to me everyone is talking about PF 2.0 but no one knows for sure what it is. It's just another wishful thinking .

It seems to me everyone is talking about PF 2.0 but no one knows for sure what it is. It's just another wishful thinking .

Its real and available for sale at the LEGO education website, look at WeDo2 for examples of M-motor, battery box, and bluetooth enabled controller.

1. "Known facts" (=speculation based on toy fair videos)

- set number: 42056

- a Technic supercar

- a Porsche

- new parts: fenders, rims

- tire size 81.6 x 44ZR

- some sort of paddle shift (sequential) gearbox

- independent 4 wheel suspension

- color: black with camouflage decals

2. "Educated guess", word of mouth, people who claim to have seen it, talked to TLG personnel,...:

- Porsche GT3 RS

- 1300-3000 parts

- price EUR 200-300 (sources quote EUR 200, EUR 229, GBP 249, EUR 300)

- boxer engine in the rear, 4 or 6 pistons

- box weight: 4.8 kg

- box dimensions: 48 x 38 x 15 cm

3. Pure speculation, wishful thinking, etc.:

- Power Functions (front lights, gearbox, steering, drive...)

- PF2 - new PF, Bluetooth controlled, etc.

- color: lava orange, ultra violet, white, silver,...

Um actually the orange color should go under Known Facts shouldn't it

Its real and available for sale at the LEGO education website, look at WeDo2 for examples of M-motor, battery box, and bluetooth enabled controller.

I did look at the education website and still not much information there. They talk about a WeDo 2.0, but NOT a PF 2.0. Here is what I found

https://le-www-live-...bdc60b7445e.pdf

Check pages 36-38 for the new electronic components. Yes, they do talk about a smart hub and a new medium motor. But to me, this looks more like a lighter version of EV3 (this is what the original WeDo was, anyway), or to be fair, something in between EV3 and the current PF. I have yet to see a PF 2.0 mentioned explicitely, unless we're again 'speculating'... Of course, I might not be looking in the right place as well. Do you have a direct link to PF 2.0?

Edited by DrJB

Why do people care about box dimensions? Honestly. :shrug_confused:

I know, what can you find out from a box size?

I did look at the education website and still not much information there. They talk about a WeDo 2.0, but NOT a PF 2.0. Here is what I found https://le-www-live-s.legocdn.com/sc/media/files/curriculum-previews/wedo-2/45300-curriculum-preview-enus-6c8c0b46dff8986afec21bdc60b7445e.pdf Check pages 36-38 for the new electronic components. Yes, they do talk about a smart hub and a new medium motor. But to me, this looks more like a lighter version of EV3 (this is what the original WeDO was, anyway), or to be fair, something in between EV3 and the current PF. I have yet to see a PF 2.0 mentioned explicitely, unless we're again 'speculating'... Of course, I might not be looking in the right place as well. Do you have a direct link to PF 2.0?

I've tried to explain to some people we don't have anything concrete that says they're making a PF 2.0, but they won't let it go.

I've tried to explain to some people we don't have anything concrete that says they're making a PF 2.0, but they won't let it go.

Thank you. For a short while, I thought I was living in a deserted island with no information whatsoever from the outside world.

WeDo 2.0 Smarthub - The Smarthub is an electronic system based building brick that is part of the LEGO Power Functions (LPF) 2.0, a new technology platform for LEGO Education. It has built-in Bluetooth low energy to wireless connect to the control software/App. It is powered from a battery source, 2 AA batteries or a rechargeable battery pack. It has two I/O ports to connect to external motors, sensors or any new component belonging to the LPF 2.0 system. It has a built-in RGB light surface that can show up to 10 different colors that be controlled by the software/App

Found at https://education.lego.com/en-us/products/wedo-2-0-readygo-classroom-packs/prod120020

There is a pf 2.0. WeDo 2.0 is the only product for it that is known.

I would prefer a good Technic gearbox and nice other (?) functions over PF any time..

Especially when this reduces the price (If TLG would drop functions in favor of PF in order to stick to a reasonable price, e.g. less than €300).

PF is nice, the 8043 is still my favorite! But PF is nice for specific functions. The speed and distance LEGO PF offers can never match proper RC cars. It will just not satisfy the expectations.. Hence I expect a disillusion when it will be a remote controlled car..

Edited by bord4kop

Going by the quote from a Lego representative, there is a change coming to the PF components. See the last couple of paragraphs in this article: http://www.technicbricks.com/2016/01/wedo-20-future-of-pf.html?m=1

What's not known is the time line, technical details about the new components or prices.

"they" won't let it go, because hints are clearly given by LEGO representatives, like Busterhaus said.

Further discussion about this can be done in this dedicated topic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119386&st=25

"they" won't let it go, because hints are clearly given by LEGO representatives, like Busterhaus said.

Further discussion about this can be done in this dedicated topic:

http://www.eurobrick...ic=119386&st=25

OK, I digress, but I see what you mean now, the only articles I read were worded slightly differently.