Jim

42054 - Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC

I've just recieved this email from Amazon regarding my preorder of the Claas.

Hello,

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on May 14 2016.

"LEGO 42054 "Technic CLAAS XERION 5000 TRAC VC" Building Set"

Estimated arrival date: June 14 2016 - July 25 2016'

Can't wait to see some early reviews!

Why do I feel like this will be the new unimog

I'd bet money this will have it's own dedicated modification thread that will continue till 2021 when something else like it comes out

Yeah, I hate it though, I missed out on the unimog, but it goes for so much now. It feels like I'm left out of half of the technic stuff just because people say its the best one ever. I honestly don't like when people mod this far. Just create a new model. Definitely getting this model though.

I think sets like this are winners because not only people buys and builds them..but like for the unimog even after 5 years people still builds attachments and similar.....to me this is the secret to a winning set! This Xerion will be fantastic itself, but with all the attachment there will be never-ending fun!

The Porsche looks amazing...but will collect dust on a shelf...

Yeah, I hate it though, I missed out on the unimog, but it goes for so much now.

I don't know where you are based, but with a bit of patience you can still find reasonable deals for second hand Unimogs. Prices have not yet reached 8043 and 8258 level. I bought a second Unimog last year for 120 EUR with box.

I think sets like this are winners because not only people buys and builds them..but like for the unimog even after 5 years people still builds attachments and similar.....to me this is the secret to a winning set! This Xerion will be fantastic itself, but with all the attachment there will be never-ending fun!

The Porsche looks amazing...but will collect dust on a shelf...

I agree. I think this is much better as a set than the porsche, I mean that steering alone is ingenious and the rotating cabin is very cool. The tires are awesome as well.

But as a parts pack, I'm leaning towards the porsche since it has a large number of panels and "shaping" parts in a single color as well as those beautiful rims... But other than that, I'm actually pretty disappointed by the lack of playability and the questionable gearbox in it.

Edited by sm1995

Yeah, I hate it though, I missed out on the unimog, but it goes for so much now. It feels like I'm left out of half of the technic stuff just because people say its the best one ever. I honestly don't like when people mod this far. Just create a new model. Definitely getting this model though.

I just got one in September or October for $240 CAN with shipping (it retailed for $250 CAN).

Just a thought: Why doesn't anybody complain about the steering lock in the Xerion?

I don't know where you are based, but with a bit of patience you can still find reasonable deals for second hand Unimogs. Prices have not yet reached 8043 and 8258 level. I bought a second Unimog last year for 120 EUR with box.

Really? Any retired sets that I want are overpriced, plus I find it hard enough to buy the sets of this/ last year so I probably won't get it any time soon. Do you guys get these off bricklink?

Really? Any retired sets that I want are overpriced, plus I find it hard enough to buy the sets of this/ last year so I probably won't get it any time soon. Do you guys get these off bricklink?

brick link and BrickOwl are the places where to buy parts and sets.

About the Class....omg the more a look at it the more I love it. I already know we will all be disappointed buy the tyres...somehow they look like the don't belong to Lego world...and rubber will be rather hard then soft....but anyway...we will make great use of them in our MOCS

Just a thought: Why doesn't anybody complain about the steering lock in the Xerion?

Maybe because it isn't an overpriced set like the Porsche, that doesn't do anything that makes it special.

brick link and BrickOwl are the places where to buy parts and sets.

About the Class....omg the more a look at it the more I love it. I already know we will all be disappointed buy the tyres...somehow they look like the don't belong to Lego world...and rubber will be rather hard then soft....but anyway...we will make great use of them in our MOCS

Those tyres look fantastic, it's about time they made a tyre whose tread resembles one from real life. The unimog tyres and it's smaller variants were the closest we had and they still wern't all that authentic, especially not dimentionally. They are way too wide for there diameter.

Edited by allanp

Those tyres look fantastic, it's about time they made a tyre whose tread resembles one from real life. The unimog tyres and it's smaller variants were the closest we had and they still wern't all that authentic, especially not dimentionally. They are way too wide for there diameter.

look at all those 3rd party types similar to these we see every time on here...TLG could have out some size on them as well...some letters or numbers...they look "flat" at the moment!

But it's still good we get new tyres anyway...and as I said this is my favorite set of this year!

Woah these bits have never been in snot green before

64393119.jpg64681119.jpg

Edited by Gnac

they have letters and numbers. Watch the videos with 42054 you can clearly see 107x44R on them. Xerion is the set i am most excited about. I ll buy one instatly when released n check the tires. It's all about them. I hope they are not from too hard rubber and not too heavy. Unimog tires rubber would be ok. If they are ok i l'll buy another set and put that babies on my 6x6x6 6xl motors zis/tatra hybrid truck

Edited by Konsta90

About the Class....omg the more a look at it the more I love it.

+1 IMO this is the best 2h 2016 set.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Because it is unrealistic, but probably still playable in 4-wheel steering mode because of the short wheelbase.

So is there (at least) a rear PTO?

Fake engine apart, what are the other "missing features" of this set? Is the rear lifter manual or electric?

Anybody noticed the Claas contains the new 3 x 6 x 3 panel in black?

It's on the front hood, just below the silver 1 x 3 tooth piece, and stickered with the Claas logo.

When I get this, I'm putting the weights and crane on the Porsche, sending a picture to customer service and saying "this is better than the s**t you put in that Porsche box!".

Let's act as mature human beings please. There's no need for comments like this.