Jim

42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

Merging with the 42055 topic. No need to create a new one.

Thanks! I realized I should have posted here, but I could not move it myself.

Widely available now by Intertoys in the Netherlands. 229,99.

Edited by Bering

its already off 50€ on Amazon.de :O

Edit: Wrong thread.

Edited by AlphaX

its already off 50€ on Amazon.de :O

Can you share the link to that? I went to amazon.de and saw that the best deal was only 219.99 with free shipping.

Maybe you posted in the wrong thread? I saw that the 42056 is 50 EUR off.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Can you share the link to that? I went to amazon.de and saw that the best deal was only 219.99 with free shipping.

Maybe you posted in the wrong thread? I saw that the 42056 is 50 EUR off.

oh boy, you're right i posted in the wrong thread! :( Can some Mod delete the post please?

I was at Legoland, Billund yesterday with the family. Bwe for 1999DKK was available but due to strong Danish crown compared to Swedish crown this would cost me approx 20€ more than upcoming best retail price in Sweden in a very few days.

The Claas was not on sale yet.

We bought some Lego friends instead and I taught the daughter, 6 years old, to part out like a pro :)

103c259cda0b524a59c9733fce9a46bb.jpg

I was at Legoland, Billund yesterday with the family. Bwe for 1999DKK was available but due to strong Danish crown compared to Swedish crown this would cost me approx 20€ more than upcoming best retail price in Sweden in a very few days.

The Claas was not on sale yet.

We bought some Lego friends instead and I taught the daughter, 6 years old, to part out like a pro :)

For some reason it has been almost impossible to get the sets earlier this year in Sweden. I ordered the Xerion from Eurotoys today, quite low price actually. Hopefully the BWE will be available to order from webhallen on Monday, they usually have quite low prices and very quick deliveries.

Edited by HallBricks

I got around and ordered this beast from TRU earlier today. Can't wait to build it :excited:

Missing Parts

Now completed building stages 2, 3, 4 & 5 without problem.

Stage 6 found three parts were missing from the # 6 bags:-

All were Medium Stone Gray Technic Cross Block 3 x 2 (Axle/Triple Pin) used at steps 282 & 301.

As I have plenty in my spare parts the build continues OK.

I ordered the missing parts from Lego.

Edited by Doug72

For som reason it has been almost impossible to get the sets earlier this year in Sweden. I ordered the Xerion from Eurotoys today, quite low price actually. Hopefully the BWE will be available to order from webhallen on Monday, they usually have quite low prices and very quick deliveries.

I agree, webhallen is usually a good place but these days you could also use Ginza or whatever; "prisjakt" tells me where to buy :)

Really enjoying the build so far. Just connected the bottom part with the base of the pillar (step 163). What I noticed is that the four supporting wheels are not placed inside the yellow track but they are placed at the inner part of the yellow track. That seems a bit strange as you expect the wheels to be alligned with the middle track/rail.

I double checked the instruction s but it seems to be fine. Otherwise these support wheels should have been placed just a little bit more to the bottom as they would float instead of being connected with the yellow track.

I agree, webhallen is usually a good place but these days you could also use Ginza or whatever; "prisjakt" tells me where to buy :)

Yes prisjakt always saves my wallet. Strange that webhallen had the last years 2H sets available for preorder more than a month earlier. This year there is no sign of the new models so far.

I find the BWE's speed build video much more interesting than the Porsche's speed build video. Am I the only one?

I find the BWE's speed build video much more interesting than the Porsche's speed build video. Am I the only one?

No, you are not, though I find more interesting the Xerion building a than any set of this year , i don't know if I am the only one :tongue:

Edited by Jonfensu

No, you are not, though I find more interesting the Xerion building a than any set of this year , i don't know if I am the only one :tongue:

I usually don't watch speed build videos for sets I'm going to buy, because i don't want to spoil the building process. I'm still pretty sure the Xerion is the most interesting build this year, it seems to use interesting building techniques and mechanisms.

I also agree with you that both the BWE and the Xerion seem to be more interesting builds than the Porsche.

All three new sets are now available at toysrus online with 15% discount

Ya know. I think he got it correct with this model, the added motors don't look bad at all, this one still looks good. Now to change all the false LEDs to working LEDs.

Might be a little biased since i have a soft spot for giant mining machines but building this machine is the best technic fun i've had so far. It seems to be a never ending process, but in the best sense of the word.

Since i'm approaching that building phase, is replacing the clutch gears with regular ones a reasonable solution to make up for the under-powering of the Bwe ? I've seen this idea put forward but has anyone applied it? My main worry would be not to damage the XL motor. I don't think that would happen but i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Side note: as a demonstration of Murphy's laws, the gear you accidentally forgot to add to the model will of course be at the heart of the thing thus requiring you to retrace your last 30 steps. Not that i'm complaining though.

Edited by Gabi_BC

Any word on when these are going to be available in the US?

Tomorrow.

That mod in the video is pretty good, but it doesn't look like he got steering in there.

Edited by rollermonkey

Just got relized in Canada for $329 + tax... If anybody knows of a better deal in Canada, my wallet will say thanks !