Looks amazing.

The front overhang looks a little terrifying. It reminds me of the Top Gear episode where they struggled to get the Pagani Zonda out of the parking garage. Maybe you could make a street version with slightly less aero.

v/r

Andy

it's not a simple supercar...it's simply "beautiful supercar"... great job, I love no-PF design and all those moving parts - hoods, doors... :wub:

like your Audi DTM ... :)

I think we can overlook the colour scheme as the car is great with good fucntions. The rear end is awsome. The colour can always be re-worked later I think.

H

I don't understand the fuss about the color scheme. I think it looks great regardless of the colors and I think the colors make it look much better.

Great MOC, clean lines! :thumbup:

I am curious about the functions, I see some interesting details in the pics. Love the engine hood springs. :wink:

One of the best super car I've seen! I really love the body work, and all the functions, and the way they are implemented! The color scheme... I actually like it more the more I look at it, it gives life to the exterior! :thumbup:

Very interesting and clever design.

With a lot of flow.

Maybe a bit too part consuming here and there, but it is still a very, very nice model.

You worked every single detail for it not to be necessarily like a real car, but to look good on a Lego car. This is what matter when building a Lego model.

You are close to what Nathanaël Kuipers, the master of Lego supercars, could achieve.

Brunojj1 is right when he explain the word simple. I think the model is simple. But it does not mean that it was simple to do.

And I think it could be even a bit more simple with an even deeper integration of some elements here and there (like NK does on his designs). But that would take a lot of effort.

Bravo.

edit : damn, you don't have any FLickR gallery :o

edit : instead of white 180° Technic angle connector, you can use the new driving ring axle joiner for a cleaner look.

Thank you for the comments!

The build seems to be quite dense, but actually it's the most efficiently built model I've made so far, so it is an easy build. I still have to optimize a few bits for building (pins with bushes instead of pins, redundant pins and connections, etc).

A WIP shot of the chassis (the steering wheel console and the front are changed since then)

p1460547.jpg

i'm quite sure that i would prefer the seats and the blue color of the interior (instead of red) of the WIP chassis.... but probably just a matter of personal taste...

i'm quite sure that i would prefer the seats and the blue color of the interior (instead of red) of the WIP chassis.... but probably just a matter of personal taste...

Yes, blue would also look good and a bit less "provoking". But the blue Bionicle tooth parts are quite old now, I wanted to use more current parts. The interior is almost 100% buildable in blue.

thank you for this information - the car looks great, regardless if the interior is red or blue ;-)

The blue seats look great! I think the red and orange might be clashing a bit. Regardless, it's an absolutely stunning build. Hope you make instructions for it :classic: .

The model is up on Rebrickable:

http://rebrickable.c...simple-supercar

I'm very surprised that it contains so many parts, I don't know what portion consumes so many parts... Probably the bonnet and the interior.

Anyways, the main parts are grouped, the model should be quite easy to build, it uses current and I think common parts. Maybe the only exception is the wheel hub for the front suspension 4227853.jpg.

EDIT: there seems to be some errors with the parts list on Rebrickable. It says 2390 parts while in LDD there is only 2329 parts (not counting the hubs).

EDIT 2: fixed most errors. Some part quantities was calculated wrong somehow.

Edited by Lipko

I'm very surprised that it contains so many parts, I don't know what portion consumes so many parts... Probably the bonnet and the interior.

Anyways, the main parts are grouped, the model should be quite easy to build, it uses current and I think common parts. Maybe the only exception is the wheel hub for the front suspension 4227853.jpg.

IMO the many parts are not a minus on the quality of the car. Why should we be minimalistic in design when we can use the parts in a smart and interesting way to achieve rigidity, density and a good look. Another thing if the TLC guys have to follow such strict rules in order to save money for bigger profit for the company. I like the old hubs because I can´t see any advantage in the new ones.

I couldn´t resist to play a bit with the colour scheme :wink: :

22.png

Hi Máté!

Big thank You for the LDD file!

I wanted to build this soon, but given the huge part number, I am afraid it will take a while till I gather all the parts. I also played a bit with the colours, and - forgive me - I made a minor change on the front hood (3x11 panel instead of very small panels), so it looks more homogen. Red is sexy too! :wink:

SuperB model, deserves Blackbird's shelf! :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

800x459.jpg

800x459.jpg

800x459.jpg

800x459.jpg

Looks good with the bigger panels! My only reason for not using them is that the wheels will push them if the suspension is compressed or steered.

For this reason I struggled with the front hood for very long, every other solution either looked off or collided with the suspension.

Good point, I didn't think about this. For some reason in CAD works everything smoother than in reality (based on job experience too). :laugh:

Wow, very good supercar! :classic:

I downloaded the ldd file and decided to make a render: (Click for larger picture)

800x500.jpg

800x500.jpg

Dave

Edited by Dave21

This car looks very good, in general I am not fan of cabrios, but this one caught my eye immediately. Too bad it would be impossible to build it in blue, I am longing for a blue (or at least blue/black) supercar but the lack of blue panels is against me it seems (well, maybe combining different shades of panels could be a way, I am just not sure how that would turn out).

Edited by filuS