Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Great spot that one - it's barely recognisable! You're right, it does look pretty small - makes the LEGO model look well scaled. It would also help explain the otherwise ludicrous wing span on the official model shown in London.

I got a chuckle out of this. If you guys haven't seen the "Go Rogue" animation series on youtube, check it out. In the final scene of the newest episode, they show the death star instructions that the rebels are looking for, and it's set number 10188 instead of the 75159 which was actually shown in the first episode.

I got a chuckle out of this. If you guys haven't seen the "Go Rogue" animation series on youtube, check it out. In the final scene of the newest episode, they show the death star instructions that the rebels are looking for, and it's set number 10188 instead of the 75159 which was actually shown in the first episode.

And the windscreen in the under of the U Wing. That ship is beautiful.

And the windscreen in the under of the U Wing. That ship is beautiful.

So the U-Wing has a canopy piece used upside down on the underside of the ship?

I was just going to post the same thing! Pretty funny stuff.

Someone has found the Lego Rouge one sets in-store early I dont think this is against the rules as lego has officialy announced them but if it is remove this post, as I mean no harm!

Sorry about my quiet voice all I was saying in the video was, due to this we may see them on a few more shelves in a few weeks :laugh:

Edited by SodorBricks

Waiting for Double VIP Points and the "other" day to pick up the new line...although may wait on the U-Wing.

Isn't Double VIP next month? I'm hoping to get everything starwars then

Edited by eldiano

Is it double VIP in the UK next month too?

Nobody knows. When I spoke to a Lego store employee the best he could say is "maybe, but it's never a whole month"

I just saw he LXF model of the Tie Striker. If anyone knows of an LDD file for the U-Wing or Kennic's shuttle I could really use them. Currently working on an animation project...

The 2nd video for the Go Rogue toy thing is out... and they say 'over 3800' pieces and the manual says 10188

Can LEGO make this any worse? :laugh:

With the "I've seen it in the shops" photos and videos starting to pop up, has anybody managed to find any early reviews on YouTube? I'm desperate just for some more images!

Yesterday I went hopelessly hunting for Rogue One sets (like everyone else!) for some reason and then came home with 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate from Toys R Us at a nice 20% discount. :shrug_oh_well: For some reason, Toys R Us decided every Star Wars set was 20% off, so it turned out to be a great deal for an admittedly overpriced minifigure set.

In short review, it's a spectacularly nice ship/set on its own merits, but not so much when compared to the show. Larger than I thought it would be, it's still easily swoosh-able considering the strong handle connection. Very sold rock hard build. It's the first "capital" Star Wars ship I own and it makes a nice impression in that regard (that is until I can get my hands on a Star Destroyer). Now, is it screen accurate to Phoenix One? Not necessarily, the colors are off, and some of the shaping is a bit wonky, but it's a nice looking ship on it's own. Scale is also way off obviously. All the features work very well especially the tandem wing movement.

Ahsoka is entirely worth the price of the set FYI, but she gives off more of the feeling of Ahsoka rather than a 1:1 representation of the character. Her headpiece is very nice, made of a semi-soft plastic, and is printed rather well. But her unique Medium Blue blades are a far cry from screen white/clear design, and her eyes don't seem right. So not screen accurate, but neither is the odd inclusion of Kallus, who despite being my favorite Star Wars character, should have been replaced with a more appropriate character like the Seventh Sister (which I think would have made the set far more interesting for buyers). The worst part of the set surprisingly, is Commander Sato, whose face print is just utterly horrible. Lego used dark orange for the facial feature lines and they look inhuman--his alternative face is the worst I've ever seen. It looks like a freeze frame of the moment he was kicked in the shin by a kid a terrible galactic birthday party. :sick:

So good set for Rebels fans; mild set for others; great set on sale!

What really bothers me about the new Death Star is the Emperor's throne room. They made it look nothing like the 2015 set when they easily could've made it more detailed, being this is the final battle of the original trilogy! Im probably going to implant my final duel staircase and new chair into it to make it more detailed looking.

@Captain Nemo: Yeah, I saw that listed at 20% off on the website last weekend and immediately went to my TRU and got it. Great price for that set, I posted in two threads about it to let everyone know.

Yesterday I went hopelessly hunting for Rogue One sets (like everyone else!) for some reason and then came home with 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate from Toys R Us at a nice 20% discount. :shrug_oh_well: For some reason, Toys R Us decided every Star Wars set was 20% off, so it turned out to be a great deal for an admittedly overpriced minifigure set.

In short review, it's a spectacularly nice ship/set on its own merits, but not so much when compared to the show. Larger than I thought it would be, it's still easily swoosh-able considering the strong handle connection. Very sold rock hard build. It's the first "capital" Star Wars ship I own and it makes a nice impression in that regard (that is until I can get my hands on a Star Destroyer). Now, is it screen accurate to Phoenix One? Not necessarily, the colors are off, and some of the shaping is a bit wonky, but it's a nice looking ship on it's own. Scale is also way off obviously. All the features work very well especially the tandem wing movement.

Ahsoka is entirely worth the price of the set FYI, but she gives off more of the feeling of Ahsoka rather than a 1:1 representation of the character. Her headpiece is very nice, made of a semi-soft plastic, and is printed rather well. But her unique Medium Blue blades are a far cry from screen white/clear design, and her eyes don't seem right. So not screen accurate, but neither is the odd inclusion of Kallus, who despite being my favorite Star Wars character, should have been replaced with a more appropriate character like the Seventh Sister (which I think would have made the set far more interesting for buyers). The worst part of the set surprisingly, is Commander Sato, whose face print is just utterly horrible. Lego used dark orange for the facial feature lines and they look inhuman--his alternative face is the worst I've ever seen. It looks like a freeze frame of the moment he was kicked in the shin by a kid a terrible galactic birthday party. :sick:

So good set for Rebels fans; mild set for others; great set on sale!

Even another rebel trooper/pilot would have been great, but I don't bother getting another imperial Agent with this awesome helmet mold :devil:

I even used the helmet for one of my many costume inquisitors. For rebels fans it's rather a screw up that we didn't get an updated Ezra (scar, skin, general colour, name it).

I also think - like the Gonzati cruiser from last year - the set is nice for people who prefer "unaesthetic" freighter like ship's that appeared quite often in the background.

a few hints: You can easily modify the interior & increase it a lot, if you want. & if you want it to be more screen accurate, the fron canons can also be modified very easy.

I tried to upload pictures of my mod, but unfortunately I don't have any medium for the pictures yet.

On topic: Aren't there any other RO review's out? I just saw the T-Striker review.