LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

The other category of things that are cheaper on BL than B&P (besides basic bricks sometimes, and of course older things not on B&P) are things that's aren't broadly desirable to fans or aren't rare or exciting but have high production costs for LEGO so cost a fair bit on B&P.

One example is Friends Minidolls. For instance, Martin: plenty of sellers have him for the equivalent of $5 AUD and below on BL, while on B&P his torso alone is $3.94 AUD, his head is $1.02, his legs are $2.90, and his hair is $.46. But of course, all of the cheaper ones on Bricklink are in Europe, so if you're not in Europe you might end up with quite high shipping costs and you'd need to want other stuff from a store to make it worth it.

Another example is generic dual-moulded legs, like the ones with a colour top and yellow bottom. Dual moulded legs cost a lot to LEGO, but to fans they're pretty much just legs, especially the ones without printing. The blue and yellow ones can be had easily for less than $1 (AUD or USD) on BL, but cost $3.74 AUD on B&P.

For the most part though, broadly desirable things like Minifigure parts and new or rare parts tend to be cheaper on B&P.

Also good points, thanks.

Whilst I think about it, does anyone understand the pricing logic between Bricks and Pieces and Pick a Brick? I would have expected Pick a Brick to be cheaper, as it's a limited selection of parts designed for larger/bulk orders. And yet there are instances where they are cheaper, the same price, and more expensive, which just seems really odd. And it's not always a small difference. I've seen maybe up to 30-40% difference, in either direction. It sometimes feels like the pricing is a random number generator, but clearly it's very deliberately set.

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Also good points, thanks.

Whilst I think about it, does anyone understand the pricing logic between Bricks and Pieces and Pick a Brick? I would have expected Pick a Brick to be cheaper, as it's a limited selection of parts designed for larger/bulk orders. And yet there are instances where they are cheaper, the same price, and more expensive, which just seems really odd. And it's not always a small difference. I've seen maybe up to 30-40% difference, in either direction. It sometimes feels like the pricing is a random number generator, but clearly it's very deliberately set.

I think it comes down to storage and quantity. With online PAB it comes from the USA (At least in NA) so those parts are stored there. Also since there's a lower selection of parts it wouldn't surprise me if they had them in much higher quantities than what B&P offers. 

1 hour ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

I think it comes down to storage and quantity. With online PAB it comes from the USA (At least in NA) so those parts are stored there. Also since there's a lower selection of parts it wouldn't surprise me if they had them in much higher quantities than what B&P offers. 

I can see that being the argument for why pieces should be cheaper through PAB, but I don't get how some are more expensive.

Does anyone know if we can get licensed parts from Buy a Brick from Lego please? like Star Wars pieces for ex or Harry potter etc...

3 minutes ago, kiwish said:

Does anyone know if we can get licensed parts from Buy a Brick from Lego please? like Star Wars pieces for ex or Harry potter etc...

An extremely limited selection of pieces like Gar Saxon's head or the Butterbeer/Polyjuice potion glass are available but the majority isn't.

I did my first Pick A Brick order. LEGO said it would take 10-20 days. It arrived in 4 since ordering *huh*

My BAP order is still in warehouse, I won't hold my breath for it to move anytime soon hahaha.

47 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I did my first Pick A Brick order. LEGO said it would take 10-20 days. It arrived in 4 since ordering *huh*

My BAP order is still in warehouse, I won't hold my breath for it to move anytime soon hahaha.

I got really excited by a package from LEGO the other day, thinking it was the Bricks and Pieces order I placed August 1. Turned out to be the very small Pick a Brick order I made less than a week earlier. And while it's always nice to get LEGO, this is for a MOC that won't be built for a while.

I tell myself that the wait makes the final model all the sweeter when it comes together.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:01 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

That’s absurd!

I placed the first order on July 27 and second order on Aug 3. It took nearly a month for them to arrive here. After  2-week “in warehoue” status, it took one and half weeks for BAP to be delivered to my home. But i didn’t get any emails regarding shipped status. 

Not absurd. To my knowledge, PaB and BnP are handled by two completly different teams. PaB orders are fulfilled in automatic ways (machines) while PaB orders were prepared by hand, by the support team. Also, BnP orders came from Denmark, so the "warehouse status" just means that your local distributor center still did not get the pieces from the central one in Denmark.

However there is no excuse for the lack of tracking. At least in US BnP orders are delivered by USPS with tracking numbers (that were never given to the customers). 

9 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Not absurd. To my knowledge, PaB and BnP are handled by two completly different teams. PaB orders are fulfilled in automatic ways (machines) while PaB orders were prepared by hand, by the support team. Also, BnP orders came from Denmark, so the "warehouse status" just means that your local distributor center still did not get the pieces from the central one in Denmark.

However there is no excuse for the lack of tracking. At least in US BnP orders are delivered by USPS with tracking numbers (that were never given to the customers). 

Also another difference worth noting: Pick a Brick is handled in Poland whilst Bricks and Pieces is handled in Denmark.

16 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

LEGO can track anything, but it's a shame they don't let us in on that info so we can follow it. It took 8 weeks to get a shipment this summer. At about 7 weeks, I contacted them and they let me know where it was located so I should be patient...well if I was able to track it earlier, then I wouldn't even have to contact you...*shrugs*

Here in Denmark, Bricks & Pieces are sent by regular snail mail... and it always takes a couple of weeks from the moment it's shipped to it actually arrives. And that's in Denmark, home of the brick, origin of the shipments. *shrugs*

23 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Ah I see… I just thought it was absurd that PaB stuff was quicker to be shipped than BnP. But thanks for explantion tho. 

On 8/30/2021 at 9:35 AM, Chiaroscuro said:

In Australia some of the BnP and PaB orders I receive come by courier, and some come by regular mail. When they are by courier I never receive notification by email, however I can go into order status and see the tracking number on the site there. I would note that I have only seen one tracking number there so if there are two parcels being tracked (e.g. one for sets and one for PaB) then you can't see both.

You may also be able to see the tracking numbers that way sometimes.

My experience with Bricks & Pieces is that (from what I can see looking at the labels) they get sent to Australia in some sort of bulk shipment and are then handed to Australia Post for local delivery around the country.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Just found this cool new part: image.png.05aa6038b80bfa74af8fbc374831f2e5.png from a Princess storybook set.

and it is a dual"head" - you should buy two and place them properly next to each other- America  on the left and not upside down or so ....

image.png.fe65b119086bc7032b9adc3cc6c9ec00.png

Edited by Mr Ogel

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Just found this cool new part: image.png.05aa6038b80bfa74af8fbc374831f2e5.png from a Princess storybook set.

Thanks for the heads up. It has been on there for a few weeks but without a price  / not possible to order, so good this one has come.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:05 PM, Chiaroscuro said:

You can use USPS's Informed Delivery to track all incoming mail. :classic:

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

You can use USPS's Informed Delivery to track all incoming mail. :classic:

Yeah, so you can see what you are getting in the mail that day... it's no different than just being surprised when you open the mailbox.

I get an email summary daily saying here's what you're getting in the mail. And usually it is a blank image saying "we don't have a picture of this item" or something like that, so it is really a useless service so far.

16 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

Yeah, so you can see what you are getting in the mail that day... it's no different than just being surprised when you open the mailbox.

I get an email summary daily saying here's what you're getting in the mail. And usually it is a blank image saying "we don't have a picture of this item" or something like that, so it is really a useless service so far.

It shows tracking numbers for any packages as soon as they get created (not only when they are about to be delivered), though. And you can track them as they go through.

Just now, BrickHat said:

It shows tracking numbers for any packages as soon as they get created (not only when they are about to be delivered), though. And you can track them as they go through.

I did not know that. That DOES sound useful... however, mine always says no packages being delivered today, when clearly I have packages waiting. I'm guessing someone at my local office just isn't scanning properly or clicking the right boxes? Who knows.

I'll have to keep an eye out going forward and see if anything happens. But so far, my experience has been just extra junk mail basically.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

That's very cool. I enjoy StoneWars' monthly update on the interesting things to get from Bricks & Pieces. I've often added a few things to my next order from that list. This is going to join them. Thanks!