Hello everyone,

Here's my first MOC topic.

Liebherr Ehinger Crane Sculpture:

EK014_zps099i7usq.jpg

And my LEGO Technic version:

EK012-LR1500nLTM1750_zpsdzfn3k0p.jpg

MOC is made almost entirely out of technic parts, no basic bricks. It has just one PF function and that is rotation of the superstructure with the two LTM 1750 mobile cranes. Other few functions are manual. Everything is made in modules just like the real machines. Turntable is powered with PF M motor.

EK002-LR1500_zpshlie9znk.jpg

EK005-LR1500_zpsdywpnamc.jpg

EK007-LTM1750_zpsebcko3oi.jpg

EK009-LTM1750_zps6ckf5nlo.jpg

EK008-LR1500nLTM1750_zpsis7jknky.jpg

FS01_zpsleu8sjhj.jpg

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S6IMxL8pqY

There is realy not much to say as the pictures say everything instead ;)

Regards

Beautiful :) what made u pick this ?

Well, I'm a BIG crane freak and this was on my MOC list from the first time I saw the picture in the magazin. And I wanted to make a unique entry ;)

I remember the first time I saw this and didnt know what it was... Now I know...

Edited by Zblj

Nice piece of outdoor sculpture and smooth rotation but does it actually lift or hoist the two cranes ?

Edited by Doug72

Nice piece of outdoor sculpture and smooth rotation but does it actually lift or hoist the two cranes ?

Thats what i thought...

Very nice MOC and Model, I was pretty sure, that someone will choose this sculpture for this contest.

But I'm afraid that it will not fit the rules, cause it's a sculpture and not a hoisting mechanism in itself.

Let's wait, what our judges wil say to this entry :)

best regards, martin.

A functioning winch on each of the crane trucks would probably satisfy the hoisting rule.

Marvelous work by he way! It very effectively conveys the original sculpture!

~John

Hi Skandinavc.

First, really unique model(s) and great reproduction of the real thing into the Lego sculpture.

I am having two concerns about this:

1. This entry does not fit the rules of the contest. It is, at the end, not crane. It is a rotating sculpture of the cranes. We need to have a functional crane that has, among the other functions, a winch of some sort. By winch I mean a way to hoist some load. Your sculpture does not fit there. I know you have built it to mimic the real sculpture, but it miss a point of the contest. If you could install a simple working winch in your cranes, it would fit the rules. Otherwise, it would be unfair to the others.

2. Was this sculpture built and showed before publicly?

Edited by Milan

Just amazing

And is different!! I love cranes, but several times we do always the same (here I include myself, of course)

Great job

If you could install a simple working winch in your cranes, it would fit the rules.

As a hoist rope on any type of crane comes out at the head of a boom and then attached to the lifting hook, can't see how this can be done as both boom heads are connected to the turntable unit, thus making it impossible to actually lift anything.

As a hoist rope on any type of crane comes out at the head of a boom and then attached to the lifting hook, can't see how this can be done as both boom heads are connected to the turntable unit, thus making it impossible to actually lift anything.

This entry does not fit the rules of the contest.

------

As said in my first post here, Skandinavc can install a simple winch at his LTM unit and present it as a Crane. Right now, it does not fit, as it cant hoist. It is a beautiful creation, but not fitting for this contest.

...If you could install a simple working winch in your cranes, it would fit the rules. Otherwise, it would be unfair to the others.

This is a sculpture and not a lifting mechanism with ropes or cables. Its main purpose is to show the strength of the cranes and its elements. It would also be impossible to install a winch because it's not meant to lift anything.

Was this sculpture built and showed before publicly?

Yes, it was shown on our local 15.KockeFest two weeks ago. I see now that the rule was changed in between or I haven't saw this part of the rule at the beginning. I knew that the MOC shouldn't be shown on any internet site but I didn't know about the local exhibitions. To play fair I'm stepping out from the contest. Would just ask admin to change the name of the topic because I can't do that. Thanks.

Edited by Skandinavc FH

I like this moc a lot, very good replicated, good proportions!

Would it be possible to build drivechain from the base trough the crane arms to the actuators, to make them work? That would top this sculpture! :classic:

This is a great model!

Did you make a digital model? Do you feel like making a digital model or do you care if someone wants to give it a try?

I really need this in my collection.