Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

WANT. Not sure if I will get due to cost, but want. I will nitpick the brick-built reindeer and the fact that the elves aren't wearing the same clothes as the CMF elves, though. (I did buy two of the CMF elves, but I wish I'd gotten more.)

I thankfully bought like 5-6 of them because i wanted as many as I could find. I really like this set, might be the first one I buy, but it's probably like $80 and that's just too much.

I present to you, Santa's Workshop! From Brickset

acd85223b77dcc399c0569f0eb13dd.jpg

-Sci

Yep im really buying this! nice design, good figs. Excellent set :wink:

I actually prefer the brick built reindeer to getting a new mould, but for some strange reason I'm glad they didn't brick build the cows in other sets. I just hope the eyes are a printed piece. I think this also works with the family building aspect Lego is going for with these sets. A young child could easily build the reindeer by themselves while the adults/bigger kids work on the more complicated parts of the set.

This set also satisfies my desire for the newer style Santa I don't have yet.

Why is the conveyor outside? Why do the have to make toys in the cold of the North Pole when there is a building? There was a Toy Shop to sell toys but what is the purpose of the Shop now since Santa is right there to GIVE them away?? Brick built reindeer??? Other Winter sets have included a molded cat, dog, horse, owl. Now they throw in brick built animals?? I can lool past the lamp posts being of different designs every year but mixing brick built and molded animals just doesn't blend together. This whole set doesn't jive well with the others at all. I guess Lego will not be getting $100 from me the Black Friday. I'll buy the bonus sets off of ebay.

I can see why this doesn't necessarily work for everyone, but as a Lego Santa-themed set it pretty much ticks every box I can think of. I agree parts of it may be slightly out of sync with the existing Winter Village sets, but then flying reindeer and 4 elves were always going to look a bit out of place in a "real world" environment. I have no doubt this will be on my kids' Christmas list, and no doubt that when assembled Santa will be flying from it to the Winter Village to deliver presents. On their behalf, great work TLG; on my behalf, don't do anything stupid with the price TLG.

I really like this set. It will look fantastic under a Christmas tree and once Christmas is over, I will be able to use the amazing selection of pieces for new MOCs.I am actually quite pleased to see the dears being brick-build. That way, I could use the pieces for some other purposes when Christmas is over.

Can anyone tell me if the deers are tan or dark-tan? What about the house?

It looks lovely, tha fav part are the reindeers. They look cute in brick form. Why to expect a molded one? Lego is for building, men!

Is Santa's bag in red a new one?

And where is the lamppost? A winter village set has to include a lamppost!

I'm just happy to see more of those clock faces going into circulation (not to mention other fine choices in parts and colors for extending my MOCing palette).

That said, I think it's also a cool little set in its own right. I was a tad disappointed by last year's Winter Market as it a) didn't really fit with _my_ vision of a Christmas (for me it is specifically a Christmas thing) layout; and, b) the build seemed rather random and piecemeal. This year's offering, however, fits in just fine and even though it has a lot of mini-builds folded into it, the theme just seems much more cohesive.

This is definitely going on my purchase punch list.

One thing I noticed - there's no lamppost.

Like the Modular Buildings, the Winter Village series always had at least one lamppost in each set.

However, unlike the Modulars - they were built differently.

I suppose the North Pole is the stand-in for the lamppost...

Edited by lomis

It's the first set to be outside the typical box of Winter Village, but still a very decent addition. For many reasons(?) it would sell much better than Winter Market. I agree that the building could have been better. The other concern is that this is oviously smaller than previous Winter sets, would it get a lower price too?

Buildable deers are alittle debatable. TLG is willnig to make a new husky sleigh for City but no reindeer sleigh for this set? Oh, however since it would be regarded as a Creator set, I can understand why TLG tend to use building rather than maknig molds. Meanwhile, ironically Friends already introduced a fawn figure, the picky FOLs might have to buy four polybags and then MOC it :look: .

Mrs. Claus is the obvious star of this set, but I might wish that TLG make her a CMF with more detailed designs. It's nice to see more older ladies get spotlights in LEGO universe.

I thought about it too, but we know that Winter Toy shop is the well-regarded starting point of this series. It'd be very delightful to get Winter Train Station and then put it together with the Holiday Train!

The Creator Expert line is always D2C. They have much much smaller production runs than retail sets. As a result they will virtually never get new custom tooling. Plus the creator line tends to prefer brick built solutions over task specific parts.

Overall it's a nice set, but it really doesn't set my heart a flutter if you will. And it am not sure why? It just feels a little off from the previous Winter Village entries.

The lights are hanging from the building. Plus people complained last year about how the lamp posts kept changing design wise.

I was thinking this could be good place for children to come to see Santa. Just need an appropriate seat for Santa to sit on. Children could see and pet the reindeer and climb on santas sleigh. Milk and cookies for all.

This is a set I have ben waiting for for e Winter Village theme. It will make a nice addition to my Winter Village.

Andy D

uhm.... is that a sword in the back of the sleigh?

It looks like a guitar to me.

11640pb01.jpg

Sweet, I really like this set. I dig the reindeer and sleigh... Santa and Mrs. Claus.... elves... and a cool looking shop. This will be a nice addition to the winter village.

I'm guessing about 20 pcs/reindeer,x5=100, plus another 40-50 on the sleigh, same for the conveyor, so about 250 pcs for everything except the workshop, which I am going to estimate at 350-400 max. All together, that should put the set in the $60-70 range (US). If that's the case, I'll probably pick one up, but any more than that and I'm out-I'll scavenge eBay for parts or something.

Speaking of parts,I actually think the brick-built reindeer are quite charming, plus I wouldn't reuse a reindeer mold anywhere (not nearly like those dark brown antler pieces). And the elephant trunk on the sled practically makes the set a must-buy.

It looks like a guitar to me.

I think it is a sword-the hilt doesn't quite look guitar-like enough. It would also make sense, given the princess wand also in the back.

Guitar would be so much cooler, though.

Edited by rodiziorobs

A huge disappointment with the brick-built reindeer's!!!

I have been waiting now for several years that Lego should make a set just like this with Santa's sledge and moulded reindeer's..

And when they finally make it, they brick build the reindeer's :cry_sad:*huh*:sad::ugh::damn::wall:

This would have been an great set with 5 reindeer's made of a new mould for the body and one for the antlers...

OK they are cute, but they look fake next to moulded animals!

Sometimes I do not understand TLG logic :wacko: Take Medieval Market Village 10193 e.g., they included a all new cow mould and several other moulded animals, but also 3 brick built birds! What is the point?! Luckily they have made a hen mould later, hopefully they will come to their senses about the reindeer as well :sceptic:

I honestly don't see how anybody could seriously expect a reindeer mould. It's much too expensive to design and make a brand new mold for an animal that has such a limited use in LEGO sets. I'm sorry, but it's just never going to happen - unless LEGO were to release a whole holiday theme with several sets featuring reindeer. And I somehow don't see that ever happening.

I honestly don't see how anybody could seriously expect a reindeer mould. It's much too expensive to design and make a brand new mold for an animal that has such a limited use in LEGO sets. I'm sorry, but it's just never going to happen - unless LEGO were to release a whole holiday theme with several sets featuring reindeer. And I somehow don't see that ever happening.

A bear and a large eagle have appeared in limited sets. Even Smaug the dragon in the Hobbit sets is going to be a large unique molded creature which will ever appear in one set. They could make a basic deer or stag and use it in various sets. Creator has produced some outdoor themed sets and City had a Forest series. The Santa mold seems to be a mainstay, and the elf molds are being reused from the collectible minifigure line. Surely, the deer mold could be used time to time in WV, holiday polybags, and even the City Advent Calendar. I must admit, upon hearing that this set would be made, my first thought was the hope there would be molded reindeer, because I would like to make a sleigh with 8 reindeer setup that would go on the mantle at Christmas. Oh well.....

I wonder how many people are going to change the nose of one of the reindeer into a trans-red 1 x 1 for Rudolph (and why TLG didn't take the opportunity to do that in the set...)

Its a great set overall though.

And I concur with those who say its a guitar, if you look closely enough you can clearly see the angle of the head of the guitar.