Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Love the reindeer! This might be my first winter themed purchase. Pretty much captures Christmas perfectly!

To me it looks like an older set maybe its just the brick built reindeer that does it. Think I can pass it up

Nice find...yeah will most likely get this to add to our winter village sets. Is that the same Santa as the CMF one??

Looks great! Hopefully the interior has a nice level of detail. I normally don't like brick-built animals but the reindeer are pretty cute. Mrs. Claus is perfect, love the apron.

I present to you, Santa's Workshop! From Brickset

-Sci

Seems to be from HothBricks first. :classic:

This has to be a picture taken from the Fairground set instructions, which the set is already out in some areas (see eBay). It's a very nice looking set- reminds me of the first three WV sets, which are my favorites!

LOVE IT... Any word on price point? I worry all those brick-built reindeer will tun a $60USD house into a $100 set.

Agreed. I liked the size and price range of the first three in the series a lot better, $50-$70 instead of $100+. I've skipped the last two because of that, but I really like the looks of this one.

Edited by domboy

WANT. Not sure if I will get due to cost, but want. I will nitpick the brick-built reindeer and the fact that the elves aren't wearing the same clothes as the CMF elves, though. (I did buy two of the CMF elves, but I wish I'd gotten more.)

I see some people complaining that this won't work with the other Winter Village sets, but I've been to enough mock Christmas towns and German-style villages to be convinced that this will work just fine. Just imagine this scene as a tourist trap instead of the actual Santa's workshop and it'll be fine.

I present to you, Santa's Workshop! From Brickset

acd85223b77dcc399c0569f0eb13dd.jpg

-Sci

I like all , the style, the colors, the minifigs....but no the animals, "reindeer"...really, no new animals?!?!? :( but I will buit, and don't build that.....thats animals....

Seems to be from HothBricks first. :classic:

This has to be a picture taken from the Fairground set instructions, which the set is already out in some areas (see eBay). It's a very nice looking set- reminds me of the first three WV sets, which are my favorites!

The one who sent the picture to hothbricks said there in comments it was from http://brickset.com/sets/30197-1 bought on ebay

Oh my, this set is amazing. Those who don't think this will go well with the other Winter Village sets can just pretend it is one of those "fake Santa" grotto places. I can do without the reindeer, though... would have loved a new mold!

LOVE IT... Any word on price point? I worry all those brick-built reindeer will tun a $60USD house into a $100 set.

Not necessarily - from the start we've always gotten the main building (Santa's workshop seems a similar size to the post office and bakery) and in both of those sets we also got a mini build (gazebo/skate rink) and a vehicle, which could quite easily counter the reindeer and sleigh (you could even say that is the vehicle!) and keep it to the cheaper price point, but I am a little worried that TLG has gotten used to the $100+ winter sets. Only time will tell!

I am a little disappointed that the only change in Santa is the colour of his sack - this will be my third Santa, so some small changes would have been nice to make him an exclusive fig, but that's just nitpicking. I think this set looks fantastic and I'm sure the interior is even better! I can't wait to add this to my village and give all my cmf elves somewhere to live :-)

Umm. It seems like it can be converted easily into a train station...

That was might thought, kinda looks the part already. Might have to pick a few if the price is good.

Wonderful build......sadly we in Oz have to wait another 15 months before our independent retailers get stock of them.

I'm also wondering about the brick built animals too ?

I wonder when Lego will release full details ?

As a stand alone set if I didn't own lego before it, its nice.

However as a previous lego owner, I find it a shame that the elves clothing and santa are dressed in clothing that is already available, only Mrs Claus looks new. And especially that the hat/ears of the elves is in the same green as the holiday elf CMF, if it were in red I would be much more receptive.

The red bag, red star and gold elephant trunk in the sleigh are the only specials I can see from the current picture.

Add in that the reideer are brickbuilt, and I can build this set, so why would I buy it?

I really wish I had the other winter sets, just have the winter village market but I would definitely like to pick up this one. I admit moulded reindeer would be awesome but I would use it like others mentioned as visiting Santa rather than the 'north pole'. I really hope it's not over the $100 price point as it doesn't look that complicated a build.

First of all the set looks great and I like that we get 4 elves. I was thinking that we would only get 2 when i first heard rumors about this set.The way the building is angled makes it look like that it can be folded in. I would admit i would of prefer molded reindeers instead of a brick built one but they still look good nevertheless. I only hope the eyes on that 1x1 bricks are printed and not stickers. Strangely though, where is rudolph? I also like the toy making machinery , but I would of rather some wooden tables and with tools.

The size of the toy making machinery makes me wonder if it can fit inside the building.

It's the first set to be outside the typical box of Winter Village, but still a very decent addition. For many reasons(?) it would sell much better than Winter Market. I agree that the building could have been better. The other concern is that this is oviously smaller than previous Winter sets, would it get a lower price too?

Buildable deers are alittle debatable. TLG is willnig to make a new husky sleigh for City but no reindeer sleigh for this set? Oh, however since it would be regarded as a Creator set, I can understand why TLG tend to use building rather than maknig molds. Meanwhile, ironically Friends already introduced a fawn figure, the picky FOLs might have to buy four polybags and then MOC it :look: .

Mrs. Claus is the obvious star of this set, but I might wish that TLG make her a CMF with more detailed designs. It's nice to see more older ladies get spotlights in LEGO universe.

in 2006 there was already a winter train ...

I thought about it too, but we know that Winter Toy shop is the well-regarded starting point of this series. It'd be very delightful to get Winter Train Station and then put it together with the Holiday Train!

Edited by Dorayaki

I don't think this photo is from the Fairground set, as some have suggested. It looks like it is from a polybag set because it has numerous creases through the picture, like a folded instruction sheet from a polybag, and what looks like a parts callout in the top left. Any suggestions as to what polybag, maybe the upcoming snowman one.

I really like the set and it will go great with my other winter village sets.