WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71010 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14  

165 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 14?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 14?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it

Thanks 'Fangy' for this great review, I might just get the tiger girl......any guesses why ? :laugh:

Maybe also the monster rocker, nice red base guitar ! :grin:

Fingers crossed series 15 switches back to city and historic minifigs.

Wow! I have to say, this is probably the best series yet. Look at all that extra detail! So much extra printing! I am so excited for these.

Thank you for another great review, WhiteFang! :grin:

Useful as always, thanx Whitefang! I understand why the main theme is black again, but still expect to see a whole new color in the next round (you know what I mean).

The back instruction looks more clear, it's nice for kids who never touched cape pieces and almost ruin them for the first time.

> In LEGO context, this is actually the fourth re-release of Werewolf character

Uhmm.. although I beilieve there are differences, I would expect to see a comparison photo between the two.

> 3) The mad Monster Scientist

WOW. Just wow. I love the additional head mold transformation. Sadly we can't physically apply this head to other characters to see how everyone gets bigger head.

> 6) The stunning Fly Monster

More stunning in the photo.... love the transparent eye.

> Return my wings to me

Ha!

> 14) The screaming Banshee

Uhmmm... I feel abit complicated. Although the design is my favorite in this series and transparent parts are nice (especially the lower part), I wish LEGO to make her fully transparent,.

I do like this series overall and it's indeed a great addition to Monster Fighters and some othe themes that lack quirkiness and fun. Despite this series is truly attractive to me, my personal doubt (perhaps also most FOLs' question) is whether it would lead to the decrease of normal CMFs every year. Just hope that we can see some solution next year so that awesome extraordinary and ordinary minifigures won't conflict with each other.

Wonderful review as always!! So impressed with your review!

I still don't understand how Lego thinks it's cool to have 5 Rockers vs 3 zombie businessmen. Baffling.

Thanks for the awesome review! I certainly don't like the distribution ratio though :(. Can you recap which figures have the bendy rubber molds? It helps for identifying in the blind bags.

The Fly Monster's head and the Tiger Woman and Wolf Guy's tails are the biggest rubber parts and should be the easiest to identify

I really like this series! The Wolf Guy is disappointing and wasteful (they had no reason to make a new head mold if it's not a mask) but the Banshee, Wacky Witch, and Monster Scientist look fantastic!

Thanks for the great review!

I like this series, the distribution leaves something to be desired though. Wish they would either drop having 5 of the same figs per box (in favour of having more figs with 4) or do a better job on picking figs suitable for army building.

I'm like many others and am unhappy with the distribution. But LEGO knows what they are doing. Obviously a lot of the wanted figures are in the lower amounts, so people will have to buy more (but in my case, just get more annoyed and question why I continue this trend).

I like pretty much all of them and will get a full 16 for completion sake (for some reason), and of course duplicates of the females for my daughter. I wouldn't mind having a few spectres for Harry Potter purposes and that is the only army builder I can think of that I would want. I may pick up an extra here and there of some of the others, but at that price it is rather difficult to justify more than the 16.

Awesome review Mr. fang! Just what my Monday morning needed! I was planning on buying a misb for this series but the distribution makes me second guess that disicion...

Over all, I generally like this series. At first, I was pretty disappointed it wasn't a regular series but some of these just turned out so well that I don't mind. Also, I believe Bigfoot is a bit of a missed opportunity. Perhaps because I'm a huge Bigfoot fan/follower in real life that I have high expectations but I really think he needed something else. Leg printing for sure and torso printing would've served him well. I mean, the Yeti got it, why didn't he? The camera is an alright accessory but it might also have been cool if he came with a tile piece with a "foot print" on it or maybe a newspaper with an article about a sighting of him. I'll still get him, but I was expecting more :sceptic:

This is the first time I've ever even considered buying the entire box

Same here. I know this series gets a lot of flack, but I find it highly enjoyable.

Thanks for another great review, WhiteFang!

Thank you guys for your thoughtful comments! It was nice reading them. Well, I do expect people not liking this series and it is no surprise. I was rather neutral when I first saw these images floating in the Internet earlier. But I was so proven wrong after seeing the actual minifigures and I realised there is more to it with plentiful of fun to integrate around. I believe this will be very receptive among our younger audience, namely the children.

Also known as Monday night rush hour. You're one of them, WhiteFang, whether you admit it or not, whether you like it or not.

Dark humour. :sweet:

No double faces this time?

Nope, I didn't see any.

Thanks for the review. I can't wait for the release. This series is really different and I think shows great creativity from the designers.

Indeed, when everyone is expecting "oh the usual monsters are back" and now after seeing the actual designs, I am sure many of us are blown by it. I am one of them. This also showed that the designers have put in lots of efforts to make it right and enticing for all of us.

Thanks 'Fangy' for this great review, I might just get the tiger girl......any guesses why ? :laugh:

No surprise, LT. :wink:

> In LEGO context, this is actually the fourth re-release of Werewolf character

Uhmm.. although I beilieve there are differences, I would expect to see a comparison photo between the two.

I don't have this minifigure with me, otherwise I would have done the actual comparison.

> 3) The mad Monster Scientist

WOW. Just wow. I love the additional head mold transformation. Sadly we can't physically apply this head to other characters to see how everyone gets bigger head.

Why not? I believe we can apply to those other minifigures with yellow heads.

Despite this series is truly attractive to me, my personal doubt (perhaps also most FOLs' question) is whether it would lead to the decrease of normal CMFs every year. Just hope that we can see some solution next year so that awesome extraordinary and ordinary minifigures won't conflict with each other.

I shared your concerns too.

The Fly Monster's head and the Tiger Woman and Wolf Guy's tails are the biggest rubber parts and should be the easiest to identify

Well, the tails are considered rubber though but I still think is hard to differentiate. Forgotten to mention in my earlier comment. The Fly Monster head is not made up of rubber. The antenna is, but the rest of the head is solid ABS plastic.

Thanks for another information-packed review, Fangy! Great text and pictures as usual.

I realise that the official release date is 1 Sept but some UK chains release CMFs early. Any idea when they will be hitting WH Smith shelves?

Great review! The series looks great, especially the Zombie Businessman, Plant Monster, Fly Monster, and my personal favorite, the Spectre. However I don't see the traditional poll at the top of the post?

I realise that the official release date is 1 Sept but some UK chains release CMFs early. Any idea when they will be hitting WH Smith shelves?

I understand it is supposed to be launching in 1st September. Not sure on the release schedule for the respective countries. I believe it will not take too long.

However I don't see the traditional poll at the top of the post?

It was there just now, I must have de-activate the poll while I was editing the review in public earlier. Sigh, thanks for the reminder. I have re-do the poll again. Unfortunately, I can't set the earlier results again.

Thus, please kindly vote once more! Thanks.

Bonus images, since I just used it to take on my mobile phone and to show the effect of the glow-in-the-dark for my favourite Spectre! :wub:

Content have been added to the review. These are the deeplinks.

20462503955_f98cbbfdc6_z_d.jpg

19841586813_3b68ae9771_z_d.jpg

I hope you liked it.

Woah! I'm the first noticing the printing on sides matches and finally is as good as in front! Good job Lego!

Can't wait to grab some!

And actualy it's 6th Lego warewolf. The first one was from Studios, second Harry Potter, third is the Minifig form, fifth is from Monster fighters and now we get Lumber Jakal :D

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Bonus images, since I just used it to take on my mobile phone and to show the effect of the glow-in-the-dark for my favourite Spectre! :wub:

I hope you liked it.

Of course :wub:. But that reminds me there is only one glowing figure in this series? I thought the witch or the skeleton costume would be, too.

Edited by Dorayaki

Great review as always Fangy,

I love how the series is all Halloween themed yet still each figure has a place with previous series figures.

I'm looking forward to this series for sure. I think my most wanted figure of the series is the Banshee followed by the Fly and Spectre.

Great review!

And a great series. I'm really excited that these mesh with the new Scooby-Doo theme too, and practically all of the figures are must haves in my mind. For the first time I'm considering getting a box, because there's some for sure I want multiples of...but then there's some others that I don't even want. So this will be tough...

I think my favorite has to be the Witch--she is just so detailed and amazing. I think I'll give her a purple cape too though, and perhaps a light nugget broom since I think the colors will work well together. Oh and the Fly Man. And the Specter. It's just too hard to choose!

A few duds in there: the cat woman, the witch and the scientist. But none that are entirely bad. I would like about 50 of those trick-or-treat buckets.

Steve

After thinking it over, my favorites, in order, are:

1. Banshee- Her colors (Light Aqua skin!) and design look great, and she's good in any haunted environment.

2. Wacky Witch- Props to LEGO for making a series where the witch isn't my #1 favorite! Her hairpiece is excellently molded, and her patched-up outfit is great. It's nice to see a classic Halloween/fairy tale witch done so well!

3. Spider Lady- Another excellent design. The cape is terrific!

4. Monster Scientist- I love his head extension and overall appearance.

5. Fly Monster- Good design, and the claw hand is most welcome. I also love the continuity in the series.

6. Gargoyle- Another fantastic execution of a great concept.