Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

But I can remember when the UCS Millenium Falcon was 600 € in 2007. Now that is out of the limit...

It was 500€ not 600€ , 600 was canadian dollar.

I remember price for s@h 500€.Also price in dollars is 500 Lego exchange ratio is in star wars theme is 1$=1€.

Well if todays price rumor has any credibility to it (and I think it has) and if we take a look at the recent NZD/EUR relation for the LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ (which will come out in 2016 and includes additional license costs) it should become clear that - again solely based on credibility of todays rumor of $699 NZD price - 1. this set is gonna be massive in piece count, scale, looks, functions, etc. and 2. it's the start of LEGO Technic UCS. I still hope for a Technic/Creator Expert crossover with this 'Ultimate IP Car'.

Also at that price point - NO stickers allowed!!!

Edited by Emmi

Im not expecting something breathtaking for ultimate ip car, maybe it will be only biggest rc car in which I have zero interest because I have HPI stadium Rc car in same price.

For me it will be breathtaking bucket wheel excavator, Im expecting some serious building technics in huge scale.

I'm not trying to mock anyone or put across any bad feelings but we don't really have much to go on so while we come up with all these conspiracies about Lego putting a half second picture of a car in an advert, that doesn't mean that we will get that car so 'don't start getting your hopes up too much' is all I'm saying.

This is most likely why the thread title has "speculation" in it, though.

Also at that price point - NO stickers allowed!!!
It depends on a part, if print is applied over unique piece/colour part I would say "NO for print, YES for sticker", unfortunately.

300 is my limit. I got the 42030 loader at 250, which was the most expensive I'm gone so far. Personally I'm not into the super cars, I want to see the new construction equipment

300 € is enough but after few years you can sell it for double price if you don't want it more... so it's a good investment...

I got the UCS SSD 10221 set for 300 €... Todays price starts at 666 € and common is 1000 €...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Wow, that is the best pic we've seen so far of the dragster, and from the looks of it those blue panels are a new mold. Im not entirely sure, but the color also looks different then the bright blue used on 42022 or 42036, but that might be the color balance of the picture (hard to judge with mainly black/gray parts)

From the picture it looks like that "blue" is other than Medium Blue, but I hope it will be the same.

Gah, looks like Medium Azur.

You see that purple in the Go-Kart? YOU SEE THAT?! 24-Hour Racing fans know that this isn't the first time we've had such an upset. If those bits aren't Medium Azur, I'll eat Richard Dower my hat.

EDIT: I'm just going to leave this here.

Edited by Gnac

To me, the blue on the Drag Racer looks like the same medium blue or whatever that was on the Hot Rod from last year.

To me, the blue on the Drag Racer looks like the same medium blue or whatever that was on the Hot Rod from last year.

it has to be brite blue be cause lok at the blue of the booklet!

If the IP car is as costly as the rumour suggest, then there better be some crazy awesome new parts in it. I'm not talking about existing parts in new colours either.

New 1M stop-axle with end-stops at BOTH ENDS. I already have uses for this.

Whatever the blue is, it isn't the same blue as the crawler crane. The seat is definitely the same color as the the pins visible in the t-piece on the blower and the pin in the black #3 connector on the windshield. And the seat is not the same blue as the hood and sides.

I know this may be a little bit off topic but,where can I find the preliminary photos of the 2015 sets because I want to make a comparison with the 2016 sets , and see what can change in the final versions of these new ones?

I know this may be a little bit off topic but,where can I find the preliminary photos of the 2015 sets because I want to make a comparison with the 2016 sets , and see what can change in the final versions of these new ones?

The 42039 prelim pic shows up on google pics, and is quite infamous for how much changed between the prelim and final product.

The only set I'll get from the Technic 1H wave is the Go-Kart - it looks cool and has some nice functions to it. The helicopter doesn't appeal to me (I already have the Cargo Plane from 2014 and this one is more or less the same ..., the dragster seemed awesome from the description but simply looks ugly, the Airport Rescue Vehicle is ok but nothing I want to buy.

I think 2H sets will all be masterpieces - but I'm most excited for this 'Ultimate Vehicle' or 'Ultimate IP Car'.

Im gonna to get dragster as soon as possible it will be in shops, reminds me old racers theme cars and tumbler tires for this price are steal!

For second half Im going to get bucket wheel excavator, Im expecting some serious building here.Ultimate car I buy, if will be challenging to build with many pieces, If it will be only fancy PF car im not gonna buy it...Sorry lego...