Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Correct. This comes from half year report:

Lines such as LEGO City, LEGO Creator, LEGO Technic, and LEGO Star Wars™ continue to deliver very strong global results. LEGO NINJAGO™, which has become an evergreen LEGO theme, also performed strongly, while new launches such as LEGO Elves and LEGO Jurassic World™ products were received very positively by children all over the world.

More here:

http://www.lego.com/en-gb/aboutus/news-room/2015/september/interim-result?ignorereferer=true

So this report made me thinking that this list is only first half, or they will release all models in first half for even bigger revenue...Can be this possible?Because only technic have all lineup already revealed and Im not sure why they already made lego shop website pages for second half sets.

So this report made me thinking that this list is only first half, or they will release all models in first half for even bigger revenue...Can be this possible?Because only technic have all lineup already revealed and Im not sure why they already made lego shop website pages for second half sets.

According to Blakbird's Technicopedia, 2009 was the first year in which Technic sets were released in two waves. Maybe, with the increased revenue, LEGO is confident enough to try something different after six/seven years. Well, why not?

Yes, it's around x-mas they make the big money, this is just a warmup :wink:

All thirteen sets?Great warmup... :grin:

According to Blakbird's Technicopedia, 2009 was the first year in which Technic sets were released in two waves. Maybe, with the increased revenue, LEGO is confident enough to try something different after six/seven years. Well, why not?

What? It's nearly always been in two waves, January then July/August.

As long as it makes money they'll keep on selling them. Will 2016 be a record year for Technic in terms of sets released? I know they released a large number in 1998 and that time period with all those micro sets, but not counting micro sets will 2016 be a record year for Technic in terms of sets released? Has the Technic team expanded to be able to deliver this many sets in the first half? Will there be a much bigger marketing push like what Ninjago enjoys to help enable the sales of all these new sets? Will our two heroes survive? Tune in next week!

All thirteen sets?Great warmup... :grin:

I was talking about the revenue. It will be much bigger with the december month where the majority of toy sales are

Dont get over excited. TLG always plans and finalizes 1h and 2h sets together and they present it to large customers sometime around this time each year. Amount of people seening that information is much smaller than at (much later) retailers catalogue, also, there is far less information available, most likely just excel file with maybe few pics, but information is there and is real. I think that no licensed set pics are present at that time.

I did not actually see any such briefing, but I did hear about it from reliable sources. In the past they used to have also in-person briefings in Billund where actual sets were shown, but I dont know if that is still the case.

Interesting, the Ultimate IP car link does not work anymore. I guess it was renamed after all...

Interesting! the chassi on that ultimate car was probably already done since a while back, so now they just got the licensed deal they was waiting for... but from who? my guess is Lamborghini.

Edited by GoldVillage

IP car is down, volvo is down, claas xerion is down and I didnt checked bucket wheel excavator.

EDIT-Bucket wheel excavator is still up, it looks like only licensed sets are down.

Edited by Ondra

Then they should know that we want a new tractor and new attachments. A 1:17/18 scale would be nice so it could match with the trucktyre. A licenced claas xerion is a good start.

I hope that police interceptor, fire truck and helicopter are in same scale.It will be great for kids to make some rescue action.

I've just read this whole forum and so far there have only been a couple mentions of the dragster. Am I really the only person excited about this. Personally the best thing hat this set could have would be the new Tumbler tires but that would make it massive...Which would be super cool. And plausible if it were to have power functions and be the flagship set. That would be epic especially if some of the ideas on this thread are true-it could have a new design of RC motors. Or have I grabbed the wrong end of the stick and I'm just wrong, is the dragster meant to be a pullback racer similar to 42033, Record Breaker. These are just my speculations though so they're probably wrong :grin:

Jim

I've just read this whole forum and so far there have only been a couple mentions of the dragster. Am I really the only person excited about this. Personally the best thing hat this set could have would be the new Tumbler tires but that would make it massive...Which would be super cool. And plausible if it were to have power functions and be the flagship set. That would be epic especially if some of the ideas on this thread are true-it could have a new design of RC motors. Or have I grabbed the wrong end of the stick and I'm just wrong, is the dragster meant to be a pullback racer similar to 42033, Record Breaker. These are just my speculations though so they're probably wrong :grin:

Jim

I might be a tad biased (since i want proper race cars as flagships), but i dont see how youd build a flagship sized set with proper features for a dragster. Lego also doesnt do driving models with PF (they only use PF for functions) either

I might be a tad biased (since i want proper race cars as flagships), but i dont see how youd build a flagship sized set with proper features for a dragster. Lego also doesnt do driving models with PF (they only use PF for functions) either

I suppose that you're right but I was just speculating (or dreaming. To be honest they're fairly similar :wink:)

Jim

For the set number, I thik it will be of the size of the formula Off-roader.

And no, you aren't the only one excited ;) .

I would like something like this

94a884c985804640823e806ccb5d539e.jpg

Edited by Kaanere

For the set number, I thik it will be of the size of the formula Off-roader.

And no, you aren't the only one excited ;) .

But I would like domething like this

94a884c985804640823e806ccb5d539e.jpg

Oooh, if they do something like that im on board, basically anything other then one of those pointy bastards would be awsome

How about a lime green challenger?

wip___1970_challenger_t_a_dragster_by_thexduke-d4xji7s.jpg

Nooo! I want something like this:

185522.jpg

Hehe,just a joke something with REALLY BIG rear wheels and bycicle like front oes would be cool.

Edited by LXF

Hehe,just a joke something with REALLY BIG rear wheels and bicycle like front ones would be cool.

?

Rich_dragster_2006.jpg

Edited by Technic Jim

?

Rich_dragster_2006.jpg

Yeah! That IS a dragster ! Powerful engine, Flames, aerodynamics...The only thing is that it is missing the rear spoiler Edited by LXF

My feeling exactly. However I don't think it is TLG's style. I could try build one with stickers from 42005 though. I'll try when I've got more free time (and money for tumbler tire wheels).

Edited by Technic Jim