Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I would not be surprised, whether the Ultimate IP car would be approximately the same size as the Hot-rod (42022)... But I would be slightly disappointed, as (I guess), all of you.

Ultimate IP car is probably second half flagship, if pattern will continue it is rc.

Bucket wheel excavatr is probably biggest non rc set, maybe is bigger than ult. IP car but ip mybe will be rc and pricier.

I just thought that, since this year Lego introduced 2 non-flagship licensed set, which can be considered a break from pattern, maybe the IP car can turn out to be not RC? If you would like to say that the set with largest number is the flagship, just 2 years ago (2013) the Mobile Crane 42009 is not the set with the largest number that year. Technic sets in 2013 in with 42011.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Purely based on the set numbers and comparing to previous years, it would definately look like this IP car will be the second half flagship, although my preferance would have been the tractor or the bucket wheel excavator,

The only good thing is that remembering this years Blue crane, was the second largest 2nd half set, and this set was of good quality and features, so assuming the second highest set number next year, is the bucket wheel excavator, it has a good chance of being a fair size. However the Tractor would therefore be a fairly small set, circa £50. Which is a shame, as I'd have likely to see this as the flagship, maybe with a load of farm attachments.

Hopefully we will see some leaked 1st half images soon. Fingers crossed the Volvo will be the 1st Half flagship.

Purely based on the set numbers and comparing to previous years, it would definately look like this IP car will be the second half flagship, although my preferance would have been the tractor or the bucket wheel excavator,

The only good thing is that remembering this years Blue crane, was the second largest 2nd half set, and this set was of good quality and features, so assuming the second highest set number next year, is the bucket wheel excavator, it has a good chance of being a fair size. However the Tractor would therefore be a fairly small set, circa £50. Which is a shame, as I'd have likely to see this as the flagship, maybe with a load of farm attachments.

Hopefully we will see some leaked 1st half images soon. Fingers crossed the Volvo will be the 1st Half flagship.

That is indeed true by going with the numbers from earlier years. On the other hand this wont be any normal year since we getting two licensed sets, and history tells us that licensed sets are big so if any of the 2H sets will be smaller and costs only about £50 or so, then my 2 cents is on the bucket wheel excavator (very unsafe bet)

But something tells me that the bucket wheel excavator going be something similar to the crawler crane we had this year - another big blue motorized set who using wiring for the arm, but this time even bigger... so maybe we getting 3 big sets for the 2H 2016? (earlier years for the 2H we have had 1 medium, 1 big and 1 very big sets)

If they end up doing a big tractor i dont know what kind of wheels they'll end up using, so either they go all out and make new BIG wheels for pretty much just that set, or they use existing big wheels and make it a medium sized set like the fire plane or formula off-road. (come to think of it, formula off road + big rear wheels and heightening of the chassis/cabin is pretty tractor like)

Id love for the IP car to be a big, im loving my 24h hour car currently, but modding that wont last forever, so getting a new cool car next year would be perfect.

It wouldn't make sense for Lego to obtain license for a model only to produce it in small or medium size. Since 2016 isn't going to be "normal" like previous ones, we may end up having 4 big sets: Volvo, Xerion, bucket wheel, car.

Is that "Flagship" term something LEGO uses? Or is it something the community has started using for the largest most expensive set? I haven't seen any flagship stamp in any box or anything like that. I have seen it on brickset.com of course.

It is just a hunch but I would think VOLVO would like if the two sets based on their models would be in same scale. That would probably mean that the new VOLVO is not huge. The Xerion Claas does not have that limitation so my bet would be that it will be the largest construction/tool set.

I also believe the Ultimate IP car will be either huge or has some new panels or other pieces (RC/Power Functions). I just can't see LEGO using a term "Ultimate" for a mid-size set. It would be huge let down for fans of car sets. Also, ALL the other cars for 2016 are really tiny. I cannot see the Drag Racer being huge... Or maybe...? :)

I am sure LEGO appreciates that there are fans for both the construction tools and the cars. So I wouldn't be surprised there would be one "flagship" in both categories.

Then again, what do I know. I am new to this all :laugh:

Edited by LegoCube

It wouldn't make sense for Lego to obtain license for a model only to produce it in small or medium size. Since 2016 isn't going to be "normal" like previous ones, we may end up having 4 big sets: Volvo, Xerion, bucket wheel, car.

4 sets that each and one of them could get away as flagships - in the one and same year, so what if the rumors is true... that Technic will end after 2016. So now they bringing up everything they have for the very last year?

Edited by GoldVillage

Bucket wheel excavator may be small or medium sized. Something like this, on small lego tracks.

Clay_mining_nc-sm.jpg

While ultimate ip car may be any sized. "Ultimate IP" it's just a name... like "Race Car" 42011 or "Monster Truck" 42005.

If 2016 will be an year with remote controlled set - it may be Claas (same wheel base as 42030, but on crawler wheels and weird colored), and Volvo not as flagship, but with many of new pneumatics... Or Volvo will be a flagship - remote controlled and with pneumaticsm, while Claas will be medium sized nice looking tractor with HOG steering and other stuff.

Just my thoughts)

How cool would lego rotary engine be in the RX-8! No rotor, no motor!

Wow, I hope this is true. I do not want any more V8 engine pieces... I don't have so many sets but I have a bagful of those pieces tugged deep somewhere. The working pistons are fun for first 10 minutes... Could Lego make a new

(youtube) :cry_happy::tongue:

That would probably mean the car would look something like a tuned Mazda RX7 or RX8 even if not licensed... :sweet:

Edited by LegoCube

Bucket wheel excavator may be small or medium sized. Something like this, on small lego tracks.

While ultimate ip car may be any sized. "Ultimate IP" it's just a name... like "Race Car" 42011 or "Monster Truck" 42005.

If 2016 will be an year with remote controlled set - it may be Claas (same wheel base as 42030, but on crawler wheels and weird colored), and Volvo not as flagship, but with many of new pneumatics... Or Volvo will be a flagship - remote controlled and with pneumaticsm, while Claas will be medium sized nice looking tractor with HOG steering and other stuff.

Just my thoughts)

Nah, if any set will be RC then its the ultimate car! 100% sure. Because if its not, it will just be another lemans 24h look alike car with a couple of simple manually functions, and with that in mind it will not live up to the expectations for a flagship so it must be remote controlled for that simple reason, and its gonna to be huge and complex.

The volvo excavator will most likely be smaller than the 8043, but still kinda big because it needs to hold alot of pneumatics, hoses, and switches.

And exacly like you said, the bucket wheel excavator may only be mid-sized but the claas tractor most likely will be very big.

Its actually really difficult to speculating about this... ;)

Edited by GoldVillage

All this speculation is killing me!

:D

I hope that the dragster is not a top fuel inspired one (it could be a B-model), but instead a modified classic car. I mean something like a Camaro with huge spoilers, lateral exhaust, blown engine and crazy colours!!!!

Edited by Kaanere

8484 Ultimate Building Lightning McQueen - 29.99$

8677 Ultimate Build Mater - 29.99$

8678 Ultimate Build Franchesco - 29.99$

So much for "ultimate".

Don't forget

70221: Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix

:)

Yeah, over a year to go... Time will tell :)

What if it is just the obvious one.

car. The car has IP address. You can control with laptop, mobile etc... Camera would be great...

Ok, I let go :grin:

Edited by LegoCube

4 sets that each and one of them could get away as flagships - in the one and same year, so what if the rumors is true... that Technic will end after 2016. So now they bringing up everything they have for the very last year?

What... rumours? id be devestated if they stopped technic :S The last two weeks the only thing keeping me sane and level headed is my technic projects

Not sure why they would consider ending Technic. It has a solid fanbase and teaches kids gear ratios, suspension, and other mechanical things

Oh come on, I don't think Lego would end Technic. Or rename it. It's a subbrand that is well established, and I don't think they'd want to mess with it.

Where this megabloks came from?I only read this rumour from some trolling kid from lego forum instantly debunked by technic moderator.

These years are golden age of technic, this didnt look like something that will instantly end.

Edited by Ondra

I totally agree with you, but it's weird that we get 2 licensed set. 10 years later every Technic set will be licensed?!?!

Where this megabloks came from?I only read this rumour from some trolling kid from lego forum instantly debunked by technic moderator.

These years are golden age of technic, this didnt look like something that will instantly end.

Hope your right! thats just someone was trolling ;)

I totally agree with you, but it's weird that we get 2 licensed set. 10 years later every Technic set will be licensed?!?!

I hope that this never happen.But this is probably easier for designers to make licensed set that make something really new.

License probably came with blueprints and help from that company...

I hope that this never happen.But this is probably easier for designers to make licensed set that make something really new.

License probably came with blueprints and help from that company...

Actually, this means that designers will not be able to take certain shortcuts and copouts, hopefully. I'm just hoping licenses don't come with stagnation, and price increases.

.. so what if the rumors is true... that Technic will end after 2016?

COMPLETE NONSENSE!

In fact some dude named Jørgen just showed me the books :

Revenue is up another +23% to a staggering 14.142 BILLION DKR (2.138.000.000USD!) with these four main sellers ; City, Crator, Starwars AND Technic

So no, those pesky liftarms are going nowhere folks :laugh:

.. And now back to your regluar speculation (which may or may not be somewhat off the mark, hehe)

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974