Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[A - A06] Devourer

[---------- Extract from M.A.N.T.I.S. report regarding latest losses in sector A06 ----------]

The Devourer was first spotted in the outer borders of M.A.N.T.I.S. territories, near planet Guinevere, sector A06. Not much is know about this vessel, but it seems to be some sort of symbiotic relation between the ship itself and a sort of tentacular creature. It attach to ships' hulls with the tentacles and fire energy weapons that cut deep inside its victims, through armourings and shields, vaporizing anything in its path. The creature then sucks and nourishes from the hot gaseous matter.

[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

19614412948_9380a56dae_c.jpg

19614423258_c437622023_c.jpg

19181545153_bb64d20766_c.jpg

19615835289_e111b5f48d_c.jpg

19614445278_dcc8b926a8_c.jpg

19614391340_31e04f5871_c.jpg

Holy amazingness! The shape is out of this world, I love the rear view with the trans blue tiles. So good Bob! :thumbup:

Ahahaha! This reminds me of the mindflayer ships from Spelljammer! It's so organic looking and creepy! I'd love to see more of these guys! Could be what's coming from the core...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I love the Nautilus look to this! So very organic in both a pretty and nasty way. :wub:

Very nice build Bob, fantastic shaping on the back and the tentacles sticking out the front are excellent! :wink::thumbup: Great use of those large disks as well!

Wow, you are really good at building these fantastically organic and yet futuristic shapes! Gotta love this one! The colors are spot on too. And the wavy tentacles... :wub::thumbup:

You really are the master of fantastically shaped space vehicles! :thumbup:

Edited by Mike S

Sweet ship man! Love the shape of it.

Good to see more alien presence ;)

Crazy work here Bob. A nautilus spaceship is always a crowdpleaser and you've pretty much aced it here.

What I'm not really sold on is the big dish in front. I don't know why but it looks a bit off to my eyes

I saw the first picture and thought it was really cool, but then I saw the spoiler pictures... Wow! So beautiful. :wub: The shaping is amazing. I'm particularly fond too of the rear 3/4 and rear shots though as well. Really nice work Bob! :thumbup:

You put lights inside? Sweet deal!

Yep, and I completely redone the inner frame, now it is very sturdy. And I also gave him a nice beak :classic: