Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I have been doing that for years, no one has been listening. :classic:

We will keep at it :grin:

I'd also love to see some restaurants, retail stores, etc. It would be great to see things like a Post Office, doctor's office, dentist. I'm not opposed to Lego regularly having its best selling sets on sale, but if they're going to release a police station every year or two, I wish they would be innovative and deliberately design them so that they could be combined into a single, larger Modular-esque building. I understand that the very nature of Lego allows kids to do that already, but it could be more deliberate. One year the police garage, the next the jail cells, the next the line up and interview rooms, etc.

I never thought of that idea where they could design all these fire/police stations and combine them into one huge building. I love that idea.

I never thought of that idea where they could design all these fire/police stations and combine them into one huge building. I love that idea.

My hometown police and fire is one building. I am actually ok with a new police station every year because they change them up and normally do a good job. However fire stations never do anything new, they are so boring and unoriginal. "Look last year it's a red fire station with a truck and a car saving a cat in a tree. This year it's a hot dog stand that's on fire! wow!!!!" :laugh:

We get a gas station for the first time in 9 years I believe and it's so darn expensive no one will buy it. Maybe that is LEGO's plan, to use it as an excuse to never make none fire / police / research sets again. :devil:

Could anyone give their opinions on the Lego 60092 Deep Sea Submarine? I'm on the fence about it..

*Eats Donuts*

Edit: There are 6 donut shops in Denmark.

While one can buy donut's at many bakeries in Denmark, the link you provide is something very different than American donut's. "Æbleskiver" is something we make during December and the Christmas holidays and is not something that a shop will only sell. Its more likely that you go to a christmas market and eat some "æbleskiver" while drinking "Gløgg".

I know i'ts very offtopic. Just wanted to share that information ! :laugh:

While one can buy donut's at many bakeries in Denmark, the link you provide is something very different than American donut's. "Æbleskiver" is something we make during December and the Christmas holidays and is not something that a shop will only sell. Its more likely that you go to a christmas market and eat some "æbleskiver" while drinking "Gløgg".

My impression from our stay in Denmark was that Danes were actually Churros people.. :)

My impression from our stay in Denmark was that Danes were actually Churros people.. :)

That's a trend that has been going on for the last couple of years. "Æbleskiver" on the other hand has been around for probably a hundred year's, and you can be sure that 99% of all Danes make them themselve during the Holidays. :classic:

Making the Octan service station an expensive set is NOT an excuse for LEGO to not make any more civilian sets.

I do think that LEGO will surprise us with a new civilian set in the future to go along with rest of the LEGO City sets.

Ah, ok. I know next to nothing about Denmark so I just saw Donut Shop and assumed American Donuts. This makes much more sense. I looked them up and they sound delicious. More so than any donut I've ever had. Google is saying they are basically pancakes puffed up in the shape of sphere?

However, this does underscore a point being made here that was brought up earlier. Lego City does need a pastry shop and I would say preferably a modular one. Whether they sell donuts, bread, cakes, or Æbleskiver, it is missing that kind of shop. There is one in Lego Friends but it is small and doesn't look all that great.

Edited by Tech Artist

LEGO police stations are great parts packs IMO.

This is very true. I wish I have bought a few of the older ones for 30-40% off just for all the windows and garage doors. But me poor. :laugh:

Ah, ok. I know next to nothing about Denmark so I just saw Donut Shop and assumed American Donuts. This makes much more sense. I looked them up and they sound delicious. More so than any donut I've ever had. Google is saying they are basically pancakes puffed up in the shape of sphere?

However, this does underscore a point being made here that was brought up earlier. Lego City does need a pastry shop and I would say preferably a modular one. Whether they sell donuts, bread, cakes, or Æbleskiver, it is missing that kind of shop. There is one in Lego Friends but it is small and doesn't look all that great.

They are "great". But not something i could eat once a week. Prolly why they are somewhat seasonel. :tongue:

And indeed, we need a bakery or a pastery modular. That would be awesome. I would buy it ! :wub:

My hometown police and fire is one building. I am actually ok with a new police station every year because they change them up and normally do a good job. However fire stations never do anything new, they are so boring and unoriginal. "Look last year it's a red fire station with a truck and a car saving a cat in a tree. This year it's a hot dog stand that's on fire! wow!!!!" :laugh:

I think that's a fair point. Police sets tend to get all the criticism, but some of the various police stations we've seen over the years are visually quite distinct, and TLC has done lots of different things with them. Fire stations, though? They all follow the exact same predictable structure -- a red tower with two vehicle bays. Over and over and over again. The only visually distinct fire station that I can think of off the top of my head was the Fire Brigade modular building.

Like others here, I wonder if TLC has created a self-fulfilling prophecy. Is Police a perennial best-seller because it's what customers WANT? Or ... is it because that's the only thing available??

We get a gas station for the first time in 9 years I believe and it's so darn expensive no one will buy it. Maybe that is LEGO's plan, to use it as an excuse to never make none fire / police / research sets again. :devil:

Haha, i definitely see that in the fire station sets. :laugh:

Do any of the 1h-2016 City sets include new-for-2016 molds? (i.e. new piece shapes as opposed to just new colors or prints)

And if so, which molds are included?

Do any of the 1h-2016 City sets include new-for-2016 molds? (i.e. new piece shapes as opposed to just new colors or prints)

The first one that comes to mind is the new "Corner BURP" used in the Crook's Island and Prison Island sets. It'll also be appearing in the summer volcano sets.

The Fire Station has the new twisty fire pole (and accompanying minifig handle) also seen in the Ghostbusters headquarters and Batcave. Crooks Island and the Fire Response Unit also both feature a new 1x6x5 wall panel with indentations.

The new "container" wall is a great new piece.

We have it now in olive green in 2 city sets and in black in the Ghostbusters headquarters doors.

I hope to see this wall in future harbor sets

After seeing the baby will return in Series 16, I'm now less convinced of getting the Fun at the Park set :look:

After seeing the baby will return in Series 16, I'm now less convinced of getting the Fun at the Park set :look:

How do we know that it's not the baby from the current series?

How do we know that it's not the baby from the current series?

A picture of the S16 packet has leaked, showing that it's the baby from the park with a blue body and an elephant bib.