Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Additional details on the park are up: http://brickset.com/...r-City-Bionicle

FOURTEEN FIGS? :cry_happy:

Holy moley, that sounds amazing! Wheelchair (Purple Ninja in summer Ninjago sets) new baby mold (Babysitter in CMF 16) and 14 figures! I was looking forward to a playground, but if that's not gonna happen, that gives me an Ideas project idea! :grin:

Mmm, new airport stuff. I'm curious about the fuselage parts and its expandability.

My poor wallet... I'm already playing catch-up with the deep sea and construction themes... Now that airport, volcano and amusement park themes are coming, I might as well tell my better half to leave as she'll only get mad at me for buying more Lego.

holy moly, that park set is going to be incredible! cant wait to see pics. the new baby sounds interesting, as does the wheelchair.

Definitely very excited about the volcano research series and airport sets. Both are right up my Lego city street :-)

Sounds like the volcano could be a little disappointing, maybe there'll be some bonus animals hanging around to make up for the burps.

This line from the Brickset report jumped out at me:

The lady I spoke to said that LEGO get a lot of feedback from customers complaining that they have lots of vehicles and buildings in their Lego city but lack civilians and want to buy essentially a City minifigure pack.

Really?? You needed customer feedback to figure that out??

[Joebot bangs head against desk in hopeless futility. ]

This reminds me of a hilarious Lego statement from about 10 years ago. Lego was just coming out of the dregs of the "Town Jr." era, and starting to release decent town sets again. In one of their financial reports, a Lego rep said, "Our market research showed us that kids like Lego sets that actually look like the real world." Huh. Make sets that look like stuff? Genius!!

[Joebot resumes banging head against desk ... ]

I just want a flippin' burger joint or something. Switch it up a bit. Don't really care if it's what sells, trying something new doesn't hurt! :tongue:

I just want a flippin' burger joint or something. Switch it up a bit. Don't really care if it's what sells, trying something new doesn't hurt! :tongue:

Like a corner deli building with a huge brick-built sandwich sign out front?

I'm disappointed with the volcano sets. i'm colorblind and can't tell lime green and yellow LEGO apart...

I'm very excited for the Air theme. I would love to finally have a real airport instead of the cargo one from a few years ago. A hot dog shaped vehicle seems cool.

4389302032_d38c93e61d_z.jpg

Edited by THERIZE

Like a corner deli building with a huge brick-built sandwich sign out front?

Not a boring build with nothing inside. Detailed menus and stuff like that. :sweet:

I'm disappointed with the volcano sets. i'm colorblind and can't tell lime green and yellow LEGO apart...

I'm very excited for the Air theme. I would love to finally have a real airport instead of the cargo one from a few years ago. A hot dog shaped vehicle seems cool.

Hot dog van is Friends.

The minifig park set sounds absolutely amazing and exactly what I've been wanting for well over a year now. I hope they're pleased with the response and do more packs like this in the future !

That lime green is HORIBLE!!!! Now I know that's my opinion, and some might not feel the same. I am SUPER disappointed with this sub theme. The WHOLE divers theme was done REALLY well, the WHOLE arctic was done REALLY well, most of the new city space sets were done well, but as far as I can see in this picture this WHOLE sub theme is a loss :( I had high hopes for it too. Hopefully some of the minifigs will be worth BLing...

Hmmm, strikes me as a "same thing, different day" city sub-theme. It's Arctic Exploration in lime green.

The volcanic mole hill will go GREAT with the Nexo Knight villains, though!