18294587248_e6cfbebe14_b.jpg

Desatoya Mountains

Greater Direstan - 3185

Using the Less Than Zero, Koro managed to infiltrate Greater Direstan ahead of the main Kawashita expeditionary forces. He tracked the pirates he had encountered at Hamilton's Belt into a secure mountain bunker. Thanking those intrepid Kawashita engineers who invented it, he initialized his Active Camouflage and proceeded to gather as much intel as possible. Any information he acquired could be used to disrupt the pirates' plans for Greater Direstan, but more importantly he might find out who exactly is behind them...

He stalks the corridors, waiting for pauses in the hum of the ventilation cyclers. He stays out of the light. He listens and tracks the patrol routes to areas of interest. He counts every minute without having to fire a shot as a significant victory. And he learns what he can:

The pirates call themselves the Dust Demons. Their leader is a mean son-of-a-laser-gun that they call The Commodore. Koro files this away, along with the structural layout of the bunker and the best ways to completely devastate it before anyone even knows he's there. He imagines that after this, they'll have to call him Koro the Demonslayer or something suave like that.

Briljant!

Kawashita style cameleon suits... gotta get me one of those

Nice idea with the active camo.

How do the lights stick to the wall? The 3062b (round brick) is stud down and it's a 2555 (clip) under, probably connected to a bar or tube through the 3062b but I cant figure out how you connected it to the wall 6019 ?

How do the lights stick to the wall? The 3062b (round brick) is stud down and it's a 2555 (clip) under, probably connected to a bar or tube through the 3062b but I cant figure out how you connected it to the wall 6019 ?

Probably something like a 60849, 194 or 4697b connected to a 87087?

Edited by NuckElBerg

No, it's not a 87087

Now I see (checked the higest res on flickr) it's 2921 (now I can rest easy :classic: )

Edited by EpsilonEta

Great idea there for the camo! Looks pretty effective! :thumbup:

The active camp both looks hilarious and very cool. Great build - very evocative of the Dust Demons - the yellow lights, the black vents, and the brown all work extremely well together. :thumbup:

Awesome idea and perfectly executed! I like the details of the ventilation cyclers and the overall color scheme. And now I know where you've been hiding, mccoyed!

Agreed, this is a great build and I especially like Koro's camouflage. It's a shame his face can't change colour too :tongue:

Lovely scene! Simple but elegant, a hallmark of your designs thusfar! I love your story too! Awesome scene of infiltration and espionage (although I thought it was on the asteroids at first) wonderful idea on that active camo! Well thought out and we'll executed! Wonderful build!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I like the camo idea, very original!

Thanks! I thought even for such a little build, the camo would bring that something special.

Great work, you always seem to do such intriguing builds with so few resources! :classic:

Thanks Nuck. With one build a week and many other Lego commitments, I have to think hard about where to put those resources.

Briljant!

Kawashita style cameleon suits... gotta get me one of those

They're only available to a certain echelon of operator, Narbilu-sama. I'm sure a few in your wardrobe could be arranged, though!

Haha this is the first time I've ever made anything where anyone had to ask how I did it. :D

Simple, efficient... great idea! :thumbup::classic:

Thanks Bob!

Close but nooooo!

Great build!

Thanks!

No, it's not a 87087

Now I see (checked the higest res on flickr) it's 2921 (now I can rest easy :classic: )

Haha yeah, you got it.

Great idea there for the camo! Looks pretty effective! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai. It's most effective when Koro keeps his head down!

Brilliant. Elegant. Beautiful.

Thanks Pombe!

The active camp both looks hilarious and very cool. Great build - very evocative of the Dust Demons - the yellow lights, the black vents, and the brown all work extremely well together. :thumbup:

Hey, Koro is standing in an awkward spot. If he doesn't move soon, I'm sure he's risking being spotted with the two-tone thing!

Awesome idea and perfectly executed! I like the details of the ventilation cyclers and the overall color scheme. And now I know where you've been hiding, mccoyed!

I have to admit that the Kali Civil War has just gotten completely beyond me. I had a nonstarter couple of months with Lego and it just blew past. Great time for GoH in general, but I had to step away. Now that I'm back with the Lego, it seems like there's more to do than ever, though!

Wonderful in idea and execution, very funny!

Thanks Shmails!

Haha, the active camo is great! And I like the use of open studs in the vents :thumbup:

Thanks!

Agreed, this is a great build and I especially like Koro's camouflage. It's a shame his face can't change colour too :tongue:

He usually keeps his hood a bit lower, but even KG technology can't do everything.

Haha, too cool! I didn't even noticed Koro at first, but the head gave him away. Great work man! :thumbup:

Haha that is the best compliment a build like this could receive!

Lovely scene! Simple but elegant, a hallmark of your designs thusfar! I love your story too! Awesome scene of infiltration and espionage (although I thought it was on the asteroids at first) wonderful idea on that active camo! Well thought out and we'll executed! Wonderful build!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks! The brown rocks definitely seem associated with Hamilton's Belt since I used it twice, but I think brown rocks don't appear enough in builds so instead of doing an odder color or going with the standard bley and light bley scheme, I took a shot at this and it works nicely.

Sweet little build! The active camo is a fun gimic! :laugh:

Do you use the Geonesian troopers as the base for your pirates?