Tomsche

The Algus Saga: The Beacon of Merak

Varton sat in his small wooden shack, gazing at the horizon. He had heard stories of a big civil war far down in the south, where a certain Desert King was taking over the rule of Kaliphlim, but that was not of any concern to the North these days.

18281220351_a2dbfbd2b6_c_zpsxs4mhqxw.jpg

The Algus had been assaulting his homelands for months now, and only recently did they learn the name of the foe...

Then, his mouth fell open...

He gazed into the distance. It was true, it is true, it will come to pass. He jumped up, grabbed his oily torch and ran onto the top of the hill.

Uridius Keep! The Beacon of Uridius Keep is lit! The North awakens!

He lighted up his own torch and set the Beacon of Merak ablaze. Flames roared upwards in the big bonfire, and the word would continue to travel!

beacon%201_zps0bufp7z5.jpg

beacon%203_zpsg6xuuzwk.jpg

beacon%202_zpscvukp7cy.jpg

That is one big beacon fire! :laugh::thumbup: Great job here, Tomsche! I do agree though that the ground could probably use a bit of texturing :wink:

Now THAT is my kind of beacon. All it needs is a little bacon to go with it... Seriously, the volume of fire looks appropriate considering its purpose but I wonder how the man is able to comfortably stand so close to such a raging inferno. The rocks and base are somewhat simple and I assume the fire already melted any snow that might have been around it. Good work.

To be honest, I had to cheat with the base. The old knees are giving up and I've spend more time then I wanted in hospitals and scanners the past months, that this is actually the base I was preparing for my Weathertop display 'pre dress up'

Should be able to see that fire from quite a distance! Cool rockwork, though I think a path up to the beacon would be a very nice addition :classic:

You can see that from space.

Indeed! :laugh:

I agree with SK about the path or even a ladder.

Very nice fire!

I think however that the rockwork and ground would need a tad more attention.

Edited by Gideon

Woah, now that's a bonfire! Nice work on that Tomsche, though I agree a bit more landscaping or just a path would have helped spice this up a bit.