Zimix

Need Help to disassemble some technic assy

I need your help, I have following assembly

800x544.jpg

and I could not yet find a solution to get the cross axle 4 with stop out safely.

Warning don't try this assy if you are not ready to loose the parts, or if you don't have a solution.

EDIT:

Thank you Doug72 in post 11 for the easiest solution and RohanBeckett in post 21 for the video.

so I learned that the The red connector pin is hollow :sweet::thumbup:

Edited by Zimix

Oh boy, why did you do that :wink:

If there is any space between the frame and the axle end stop, you could try wiggle it out with a needle or the tip of a knife. The bush-end of the pin on the other side also has a slot which can fit a needle or a bent paperclip: try wiggling the axle out from that side also.

Good luck!

OK

this construction is used in Sheo's Terex.

I was more afraid to brake a part then I should have. In fact with my Swiss army knife it went unexpectedly smoth as you recommended Ludo Visser.

Thank you

Axle 4 with stop is a very inexpensive part - I'd just take a power drill and drill it out, and replace with a new one

Axle 4 with stop is a very inexpensive part - I'd just take a power drill and drill it out, and replace with a new one
Power drill is much more expensive than the axle with stop :blush:

But that's good suggestion to star from double pin with bush-end.

I've done similar things on purpose. Just get a very sharp pointed knife or strong heavy duty needle and lever the axle out from the exposed end. There is enough space to get the point into the groove in the x of the axle and then lever against the edge of the hole in the frame.

This

pin1.jpg

The hole is round but the axle isn't so you can fit the sharp metal of the pin between the 2 ¿ridges? of the axle -just 3 mm or so- and if it is sharp enough it can get slightly plunged into the axle and allow you to lever against the outer rim of the hole and move the axle perhaps 1 mm or so. Repeat until you can remove it by hand.

Easier to do than to explain.

Edited by aol000xw

Are the pins with stop open all the way thru? As I recall, they are, so just stick a stiff wire, like a paper clip, in the end of the paper clip opposite the axle, and push. If this is from Sheo's excavator, could you please indicate wher in the instructions it says to do this, so a workaround could be created?

If this is from Sheo's excavator, could you please indicate wher in the instructions it says to do this, so a workaround could be created?

In the Terex instruction with 2464 pages (the actual complete one) it's at page 892 where the cross axle 4 with stop is put in place.

In the Terex superstructure instruction with 1640 pages, it's at page 68.

Maybe it should be changed to a 4 long axle with stop which would make it easier to get out

The red connector pin is hollow so find a piece of rod that fits through the hole and push out the 4L axle with stop out..

Edited by Doug72

i'm in the middle of assembly of this model, but just reading the thread title I knew it had to be the same one :)

I still think sheo has the best response about "sure you can disassemble it - with a hammer" :laugh:

There is a little slot on the friction pin you might be able to stick a small needle like aol000xw shows and slide some of the axle out some so you can use your fingers to get it the rest of the way.

32054.jpg?0

Edited by Boxerlego

#11 is the best. Habing tried it, a paperclip up the pin pushes the axle out.

Everything else is just wanton destruction of good parts.

As I'm building Sheo's excavator, I've used an 4L axle with stop. But I haven't thought that it will be very difficult to pull it out. So, I'll try to find another solution to avoid a assembling like this.

Greetings

Alex

#11 is the best. Habing tried it, a paperclip up the pin pushes the axle out.

Everything else is just wanton destruction of good parts.

I agree... it's a best method

yep use the slot in the side or hole in the bottom of the red piece if it has one and push up with a pin - worst you get is some small tiny dimples on the shaft of the axle ...

Funniest thing is at post #3 he said he had removed it already.

Indeed... but he said "it went smooth" - he did not say "I managed to take it apart" my english is not being perfect I was not sure he had successfully taken it apart or not.

Yes.. I know it's been solved..

But I always like a challenge.. so here it is for fun :)

Interesting. Didn't know you could push a needle through the pin with bush. That's very helpful knowledge.

not even a needle.. just a paperclip.. and not that it's a high-value part, but there was no damage at all to the axle :)

Sure, I know it is not about high-value pieces, but I hate breaking pieces if not absolutely necessary. I once needed to kill one of my precious black axle-pins that was stuck in a Bionicle tooth. Still have a second one that didn't want to come apart, no matter what I tried.

As I'm building Sheo's excavator, I've used an 4L axle with stop. But I haven't thought that it will be very difficult to pull it out. So, I'll try to find another solution to avoid a assembling like this.

Alex, I think you should not search another way to do this. You only need to know how to dismantle it safely. Rather put a notice at end of the BI with some hints to dismantle the Terex.

Is this from a MOC with instructions?

If so, this is a fault in the instructions (and the model). I think this is an illegal build for all possible explanations of the word.