Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Nion

[WZ12:H12, Desert King] The Rice Fields

Osric and his troops travelled for days through the marshes, without seeing anything but endless wheat fields. Then, the landscape changed abrupt. The ground became muddier and finally was covered with shallow water. Line after line rice was growing in it. The only way through was a small embankment. It was hard to tell how many miles they marched until a small wooden pike glimpsed on the horizon. Obiously it was a watch tower to oversee the area. In the marshes it didn't have to be high to discover in moving troops. When Osric could see the tower, the garrison probably had already noticed the rats. There only chance was to sprint as fast as possible.

16716655473_87a387f2d3_h.jpg

17150673109_4e28c2738b_b.jpg

17150677699_2cca73ced4_h.jpg

OoC: this was an uninspired build. The tower was originally supposed to be part of an Esgaroth house. I find it a bit boring, hope you can enjoy something about it though.

Great build JN, I'm really liking that tower! :wub: The roof technique is excellent and the panel side gives a fantastic texturing! Very nice rice field and raft as well, the studs out approach to the landscaping turned out extremely well (as usual, I may say! :wink:) The one thing that looks a little off are the antenna used for the plants... I am using flower stalks in my build for this warzone, but I can see that you are already using a lot of those here! :grin:

Jacob, you may think this is "uninspired" but I think it's fine. The tower is nice and the landscape looks good. The water effect is very good and looks realistic with the layered colors. And the minifig posing looks great as well. "Uninspired"? I wouldn't call it that. Good job overall.

Great action and vegetation. As I said on flickr, it's nice to have a proper look at the rats in high contrast. The muddy terrace looks excellent.

Very nice work here Jacob, your builds are getting better and better! I really like the tower, but what really stands out to me is the rounded terrace... fantastic work! :thumbup:

I find the tower to be anything but boring. I know from experience that wood buildings can be hard to make interesting, however your tower looks superb :wub:

Genius roof design too :classic:

Another sweet entry Jacob! Like SK, I don't see anything boring about this one and in fact, there are some nice little details to appreciate. I think the most ingenious element is the wooden berm supporting the one tower leg. The SNOT'ed landscaping is also first class stuff. Again we see the omnipresent Osric and his men fight for the power of the Desert King!

Edited by MassEditor

I like your mocs A LOT and i was wondering if i could use one of your rat soldiers as my sigfig? i was going to use a rat anyway, but i thought it would look like i was copying you, so i decided to ask you. also, this is a stupid question, but which guild are you in because it looks with the were rats/rats that it could be nocturnus, or possibly kaliphlin.

my favourite moc of yours is "Necropolis battle".

I like your mocs A LOT and i was wondering if i could use one of your rat soldiers as my sigfig? i was going to use a rat anyway, but i thought it would look like i was copying you, so i decided to ask you. also, this is a stupid question, but which guild are you in because it looks with the were rats/rats that it could be nocturnus, or possibly kaliphlin.

my favourite moc of yours is "Necropolis battle".

Ehm... I'm really not sure about that. I am Nocturnus, as you could have read in my signature and the Nocturnus sign up thread. The fact that you didn't notice makes it seem that you still haven't read much of the GoH story and lore and that's just nessecary to participate.

I guess I can't really make any restrictions about the use of these heads. As long as you only use the dark grey head... but please do not use my characters, story lines and locations. I have specific plans for all that.

And I claim to be the Rat Lord. Please keep that in mind. It would really be an odd thing if suddenly another one pops up.

Edited by Jacob Nion

That's a really a wonderful creation - shame on me that I missed it. The tower looks great and I love the dark tan ground. Moreover the raft looks nice, too :thumbup:

Okay, i can do that. thanks for taking the time to answer, anyway. i think my sigfig will be Lobo, my custom lobster hobo. i really do like your mocs so keep up the good work!