Bluecoat officer

Yellow or "fleshy"

With the lego sets, do you think lego should use yellow skin tones or "fleshy" skin tones? I personally like the if one guy is yellow they all are, because when ever I am looking for a yellow heads or hands in my piles of lego (I am extremely unorganized) I only find "fleshy" ones and the opposite. I would like to know what other users of this site use.

If they're based on actual people and such (licensed properties) I prefer fleshy any day. Yellow is fine for city and other stuff.

Fleshy!!! I dont care if its for modulars, cuz i don't display the minifigs. But otherwise, FLESHY

Flesh for sure. Oddly enough I grew up with nothing but yellow, but I just feel like flesh looks so much better now. Red or blond haired people work much better with flesh color. Flesh is also more realistic (obviously), and I feel like yellow looks almost cheaper, if that makes any sense.

Edited by Deathleech

Fleshie for me, Like Deathleech i grew up with yellow all the time. But take a look at the Avengers and The Hobbit... That wouldn't be pretty if they were yellow

The good old days when licensed was yellow.

The problem with this for me was when we started getting characters like Lando - LEGO had always used yellow faces as an umbrella for all people to avoid race etc, when Lando appeared alongside yellow figs suddenly there was an implication that yellow figs were white - I get that a yellow land would have looked weird but it kind of highlights exactly when they needed to make the change to me,

Personally I love using fleshy figs - it makes the scene look a little more real, but I'm not apposed to yellow figs in builds - the main thing is that they aren't mixed (unless it's a Lego Movie scene ;-) )

As a collector of licensed themes, I'll go with fleshies :wub: I'm glad the classic yellow ones are still alive and well, but I wouldn't ever want to go back to the days of yellow licensed minifigs except when the respective characters are yellow in the source material as well (e.g. SpongeBob, the Simpsons or Savage Oppress). As Shib pointed out, the introduction of the Lando minifig made this change necessary and it was all for the better IMO :thumbup:

I'm with Fleshy. I really like the purity of the plain yellow head in the modulars and I don't think Lego should move away from yellow in all it's regular minifigures but as someone who predominantly buys licensed sets then I'm going with flesh all the way.

Wow. This was my first topic and I am so surprised with all of the replies already. Thanks for the feedback. I have to agree with Shib and the whole Lando incident. Again thanks for all the quick replies.

I remember reading a topic on this some years ago and there was a lot of strong feeling but now it looks like most people are happy with what we have.

I also prefer flesh coloured minifigures and I'll try to use them in MOCs whenever possible. I do like yellow coloured minifigures for 80's and 90's LEGO sets (and MOCs), but I would'nt mind If TLG decided to do only flesh coloured from now on.

I remember reading a topic on this some years ago and there was a lot of strong feeling but now it looks like most people are happy with what we have.

I think this topic being in the "Licensed" section of the forums has a lot to do with that. Licensed sets are almost all flesh color nowadays.

I know this isn't a poll as such but I would highlight that having this topic in the licensed forum would affect the outcome as those that have a key interest in the licensed themes would have a preference for 'fleshies'.

Personally, for me it would be yellow every time. I stopped collecting licensed themes like SW when the change was made.

Count me as a Fleshy fan...Yellow is great for some themes. I would like it if they made some non-licensed collectable minifigure series in flesh tones.

-D

I think I prefer yellow, but only because that's what I have the most of. I definitely prefer having the option of MOCing with fleshy, because there are some scenes that just look better that way.

If they're based on actual people and such (licensed properties) I prefer fleshy any day. Yellow is fine for city and other stuff.

The LEGO Movie has Abraham Lincoln, Michelangelo, and William Shakespeare which are based on actual people, but they are yellow.

And there's few real-life people based characters on Minifigures series such as S9 Roman Emperor (Julius Caesar) and Hollywood Starlet (Marilyn Monroe).

Licensed sets are almost all flesh color nowadays.

Not all licensed figures are all in flesh color, but some other characters like Cyborg and Nick Fury are in other skin color.

Also most of the human characters in The Simpsons are all in yellow except for Apu and Dr. Hibbert.

I would like it if they made some non-licensed collectable minifigure series in flesh tones.

Vitruvius from The LEGO Movie is only known non-licensed minifig in other color besides yellow.

Edited by legofanatic12

Fleshy for me as well.

Like minifigures themselves, fleshy heads have become so detailed over the years, it's amazing.

And I honestly don't really think that would look good on yellow.

I have many figures in my Superheroes display that were previously yellows, but I replaced the hands and heads with flesh versions (as long as the torsos didn't show any yellow skin like with the necks).

Regard,

Mitch

For non-licensed themes such as the Lego Movie the standard skin tone is yellow with reddish brown also as a skin tone. The halloween characters in the CMF have green, white and a variety of other colours for skin tones and they're non-licensed.

If it's a regular, human, non-afro carribean character then it'll pretty much always be a yellow head. Spooky girl is an exception to this as she's got a white head but is human... just a bit of a goth.

The Simpsons is a cartoon that has characters appear in yellow so they were never going to appear any other way regardless of being licensed or not.

Edited by Robianco