just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

Is that based off the same Ideas/Cuusoo project as these?

Also, the same company appears to be selling Transformers/Grumpy Sparrows collectible minifigures, some of which use the IFB build! "Warning: Mini building blocks,beware children swallowed" =P

E: What's with the word filter?

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Those "Grumpy Sparrows" were theoretically useful to get LEGO-scaled TF heads, if it weren't for the fact they were based on the crossover with Grumpy Sparrows. :hmpf_bad:

(nothing against the crossover itself, from the few snippets of the comic I've read, its actually pretty fun, but I'd like to build Transformers, not Transavians)

Well, anyway, I'm almost to late to share my thoughts on the new sets, eh?

I like Cody, he comes with useful parts, and both white and orange are versatile colours. His back looks kinda odd, but I can live with that.

As for Jango, I have mixed feelings. I really love his helmet, and while I appreciate the new colors he comes with, I'm afraid I won't have much use for them in terms of MOCing due to how limited sand blue is right now in CCBS. Perhaps that changes in the future though.

Right now, I think I'll go for Jango, Vader and Grievy, and out of these three, I will most likely keep Vader intact. The other two are more likely to end as parts packs for me.

That Grievous knockoff isn't too shabby and it has a cape! As far as ideas for the next wave go, I imagine we will get Kylo Ren and a new Stormtrooper and/or a Chrometrooper(imagine it was actually chrome!). I could see Boba Fett and Chewbacca(there do exist "fur" pieces) and a Battle Droid, C3PO, Darth Maul, etc.

As far as ideas for the next wave go, I imagine we will get Kylo Ren and a new Stormtrooper and/or a Chrometrooper(imagine it was actually chrome!).

I had exactly the same idea. And if they also do Poe, we simply would have to switch heads with Luke to get Luke in his pilot suit.

These aren't labeled as Space Wars anymore - where's the consistency with Grievous? : (

This is the thing with sites like AliExpress. Products get listed under all sorts of kooky, lengthy titles, which often mean nothing much at all - basically poor man's SEO. These four are probably sold by a different seller than Grievous, hence the different titling.

I know way too much about this than I should.

Grievous and Vader are must haves.

The rest I will pass, There are many other sets this year that are worth buying before those.

I'll definitely buy Grievous and Vader, maybe Cody or Obi-Wan and Jango, mostly for the new shin guards and upper arm add-ons, I'd love to have those in white, and silver is always a useful color.

Edited by Voxovan

Plain gold and plain white chest addons... why do these things not exist in actual LEGO sets?

I don't believe we'll see those addons never again. They are nonexistent on Sar Wars, Bionicle and Chima Fire vs Ice. Even IFB didn't have any of those. So RI.I.P and kill 92216

(Ironman ultrabuild had two of them in gold BTW)

I don't believe we'll see those addons never again. They are nonexistent on Sar Wars, Bionicle and Chima Fire vs Ice. Even IFB didn't have any of those. So RI.I.P and kill 92216

What. They're still used on Bionicle and Star Wars sets ._.

What. They're still used on Bionicle and Star Wars sets ._.

Vohrak was talking about the superchest, while GK was talking about this add-on. ;)

Also, you can have a plain gold superchest, you just need to remove the printing from Tahu or Kopaka's chest.

Also, you can have a plain gold superchest, you just need to remove the printing from Tahu or Kopaka's chest.

Which by the way is suuuuuuuuuper easy. You can either use nail polish remover (fast, risky) or a pencil eraser (slow, safe).

Which by the way is suuuuuuuuuper easy. You can either use nail polish remover (fast, risky) or a pencil eraser (slow, safe).

Wait, you could use pencil eraser to remove printings? Would that works on minifig as well?

Wait, you could use pencil eraser to remove printings? Would that works on minifig as well?

As far as I know, it only really works on softer plastic light that used on the chestplates. But, try it and see! Fair warning: It takes a while...

I had a dream that wave 2 of these figures had Asajj Ventress and Darth Maul.

Let's make it happen, people!

I agree with whoever said that droids and masked characters works best as CCBS figures.

I wouldn't say that Obi Wan is bad, but Luke doesn't look too good IMO. There's too much open space, especially around the hip area.

For this reason, I wouldn't mind a magnaguard, I think it could look cool as a CCBS figure. But it does need a cape, like Grievous should have.

Wow! I love Star Wars. Darth Vader, Obi Wan and General Grievous looks amazing! Any idea when are these coming out? Thanks for sharing.

All six are supposed to be coming out in September. Judging from past LEGO releases, they might start showing up in occasional stores up to a month in advance, but September is the official release date.

EDIT: FBTB has official pics of Cody and Jango! http://www.fbtb.net/2015/04/30/official-cody-and-jango-buildable-figure-images/

Edited by Aanchir

Jango comes with a new recolor to the minifig harpoon piece. Which is nice since the only colors we've ever gotten were chrome silver and flat silver.

I really like how the arms on these figures are built in the same configuration as 2015 Pohatu, as it really increases poseability. Seeing these high-res pictures has given me more appreciation for the printed detail on these minifigs, and Jango doesn't look as bad as he initially did. Though ultimately, any second copies bought by me will have most of printing magic erasered off since I like plain parts :tongue: And Cody has 7M B beams like the ones on Vader too, nice to see the piece appear again, and in more than one set :thumbup:

I wonder if Cody's visor is removable? It'd be really nice if it was, but judging by the pictures, it doesn't look like this is the case. Looks pretty "welded on" there :sadnew:

I'm starting to like Jango a little more and I am glad he is a build able construction figure. Probably won't be picking these up but they sure do look good. (Well, except for Luke that is :laugh: )