Yeah, I also think they look too small somehow, even though the original truck also has smallish wheels.

Eh well:

http://i.autotrader.co.uk/merlin-image-server/view/6e096032-9c7d-4f3f-ad6d-f1337cdfadba/600

http://brickpreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/lego-42043-mercedes-benz-arocs.jpg

IMO, aesthetics is usually a higher priority than realism. So maybe it would look better with bigger wheels...but it wouldn't be fair to say the model TLG have produced doesn't have wheels to scale. :wink:

I have always favored larger diameter tires for trucks with high ground clearance, aesthetics wise yes it looks really more pleasing, the current "road going" tire type just looks a little flimsy for me for this set but its otherwise a cool set overall

Well this set is definitely on my list, after building the B model Tractor from pic's only. August really has to come :wink:

tn_235_20150308_174808.jpgtn_235_20150308_174919.jpg

Next I will try the trailer without the crane

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

Hey good work. You think we will get this set in august. ?

Not sure we will would be great if we did

This new Technic Modell is great, the Crane on the B-Modell looks more realistic, than on the A-Modell.

The steering and suspensions are better then the last crane truck, i hope there will be enough place for pf-steering and pf-driving.

It ist more the the last Mercedes Unimog and it is great more.

Realistic driving with 4x4 (powered front wheels) I thing will not work, there is not so much place left in that area.

Take the crane form the B-Modell at the end of the A-Modell, and only left and right side tipping will be also fine. But everytime they forgot a good solution for fixing a trailer on it.

August ... October ... so much time to wait, Siegfried Meyer you have a good solution for this time.

i've seen this recently. Interested in the front suspension set up. Don't know how accurate the build is until we get our hands on the official set. However, it's a very good moc considering what the builder had to work out.

H

I'm kinda certain that he saw it live at the toy fair, made some reference pics and made it at home.

I'm kinda certain that he saw it live at the toy fair, made some reference pics and made it at home.

I don't know why he doesn't post here on Eurobricks, he built the model maybe weeks ago. And I wouldn't be surprised if he only used pictures, I don't know about any big official Lego fairs in Hungary. Maybe I'm wrong though...

I don't know why he doesn't post here on Eurobricks, he built the model maybe weeks ago ....

Probably because in the past, when he did post some of his replicas, a lot of guys from this forum was angry at him, that he ruins the anticipation of the real model, and some other stuff, .....

I don't know why he doesn't post here on Eurobricks, he built the model maybe weeks ago. And I wouldn't be surprised if he only used pictures,

He definitely used pic's posted from the fair, as Dokludi made a replica from the prelim Picture that came to light in January http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6214907

This was build towards the end of Jan. looking at when the pic was posted on BrickShelf.

Some time ago a few people were highly(can remember which model) upset about him posting the replica Pictures, honestly I don't know why? *huh* As it takes some serious SKILL to do this. The small Truck from the 42043 B -model took me 36 Hours to build and I'm definitely not spot on. This was done thru serious scanning of the pictures uploaded in this thread.(thanks Guys) Hopefully I'm close to the real Model :wink: but time will tell...

Will try to post some better quality pictures and close - ups if this doesn't upset anybody in this Form?

cheers

Fan built versions don't spoil things for me; they only make me more anxious to get my hands on the set..

Very well done!

Probably because in the past, when he did post some of his replicas, a lot of guys from this forum was angry at him, that he ruins the anticipation of the real model, and some other stuff, .....

.....if he is so good why hasn't he came with the same idea of truck before LEGO did?? These people making replicas are just ridiculouse (in my opinion) because they try to show off their skills......but honestly I don't see any skills at looking pictures and coping a model! If they were that good they could have done such a truck by themself years ago....

.....if he is so good why hasn't he came with the same idea of truck before LEGO did?? These people making replicas are just ridiculouse (in my opinion) because they try to show off their skills......but honestly I don't see any skills at looking pictures and coping a model! If they were that good they could have done such a truck by themself years ago....

Okay, this ends here! Right now!

I don´t agree, make a replica is fun and a great challenge, I copied the unimog before they went on sale and I took me three days having more photos than he had when he builds yours. I am sorry Jim I already had written the post.

Edited by jorgeopesi

I don´t agree, make a replica is fun and a great challenge, I copied the unimog before they went on sale and I took me three days having more photos than he has when he builds yours.

Like I said; this ends here. We've gone down this path before. I'm fine with the "replica discussion", but not in this topic. Use a separate topic.

Creating a model in the first place and making a replica are two completly different things.

mba_%232.png

This picture does show that the front axle bends due to entire body weight of truck.

I realized that this issue was pointed out before.

Maybe this issue will happen a lot if TLG keeps designing this scale for flagship sets in the future.

I want to know opinion from everyone about this issue. Is there a way to solve or avoid ??