From what I've heard very recently there is no steampunk involved. And no, I don't have any other details.

Or maybe we are getting mixed info of 2 different upcoming themes

Edited by Robert8

And Castle fans are complaining about this? ARE YOU ALL INSANE? This sort of thing is why Lego legitimately should always do the opposite of what AFOLs whine about.

Perhaps, but AFOLs generally don't have the same interest as kids. From my understanding, Chima isn't really big among the AFOL community but it's huge with kids. I'm sure if they do cartoon tie ins and what not the next "castle" theme will be a huge hit. The only problem is very few AFOLs will be interested in it. That's great for Lego, but not great for us.

And Castle fans are complaining about this? ARE YOU ALL INSANE? This sort of thing is why Lego legitimately should always do the opposite of what AFOLs whine about.

I agree with Deathleech...if they find success doing things that don't interest me, that success is only going to influence them to do more of that stuff. As much as I'd like Lego to succeed as a company, I ultimately care about how it affects me. I'd rather they be a less successful company making things I enjoy, rather than a more successful company producing things I'm not interested in (assuming either way would be profitable for them as a company to some degree).

Recent castle line (at least here in Poland) was a big flop, in our shop we still have some sets and noone want them because simply there are better sets to buy.

KIds are not interested in classic castles, and personaly as Much as I would love it I think it would be boring.

Chima gave us GREAT armors (both normal and magical), tons of lovely looking weapons (FISTS!!!! Also I personaly love croc and lion swords!), and lets not forget about tons ovf precious crystals for our treasurerooms!

If the new series come up and it will be like Chima, Ninjago and Knights Kingdom Mixed.. I think it wil have great potential, ESPECIALY if we got named color coded characters. It will be great thing to army build one type of colored knight for example! And thats a cool thing for me! I bet they will make figure books so it will be great way to collect your troops.

I only hope new Helardy will be more original. I will take anything besides dragons and lions. Gryphons vs Wolves please?

I'd like to see a action based fairy tale line. Fairy tales could be castle/steam punk/action based too. Little red riding hood with blasters teamed up with some piglets in armor versus evil witches, flying monkeys and wolves.

They would be loved by kids, geeks and by afols for sure.

I would be interested in it. A pure castle theme, not so much.

Lordofdragonss, yes. that's why I don't want a dry castle theme like the last one where the only non-real world stuff was maybe a wizard character and a dragon. I want them to go all in with fantasy, like Dungeons & Dragons style, with non-human factions, cool weapons and armour, actual dungeons, ruins, temples, forests to explore, necromancy, etc.

My dream is something like that aimed at older kids and adults.

I'd like to see a action based fairy tale line. Fairy tales could be castle/steam punk/action based too. Little red riding hood with blasters teamed up with some piglets in armor versus evil witches, flying monkeys and wolves.

They would be loved by kids, geeks and by afols for sure.

I would be interested in it. A pure castle theme, not so much.

No thanks, please give me a pure castle theme, without the steampunk sh*t.

Edited by Alfadas

The problem there is those 10's of Thousands of Classic Castle Fans who still buy Lego remain a drop in the bucket compared to the target aged kids who form Lego's primary consumer group. A "Castle Type" new internal IP is getting the full blown mass media Ninjago/Chima treatment. That's pretty much almost a guaranteed Rockstar status for sales. To put it in perspective I would not be surprised if Ninjago has exceeded the combined sales of all classic Castle sets. That's how much of a boost the cartoons and books and tie ins and games etc give the line. And Castle fans are complaining about this? ARE YOU ALL INSANE? This sort of thing is why Lego legitimately should always do the opposite of what AFOLs whine about.

Ye ye, people always say that, but in the end we see occassions when sets that are D2C go out of stock and surprise hit LEGO and they need to even catch upš with the demand from AFOLs, because surely no kiddo went and bought D2C sets on the internet, like that Classic Space set with 2 green space figs and so on and on.....

Yeah, perhaps it is a Rockstar, but I think LEGO is losing the line of adult fans and there will be a big ZERO in the gaps of generations of LEGO AFOLs, since we who adored 1990s will die one day, and the current kids surely will not go back and buy those ''epic'' Chima Rockstar vehicles, because they are not display worthy overall (few exceptions)

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure we're not getting a normal Castle theme. :sad:

Edited by CM4Sci

Well, maybe next year. Or the year after that. And maybe, just maybe, Lego will listen to us (or at least a lot of us) and give us a new Fantasy Era line. With Elves. And brickbuild Dragons, like the old viking ones. That'd be great.

If this ends up being true, do you think the new theme will be received better or worse by AFOL's than Castle 2013?

If this ends up being true, do you think the new theme will be received better or worse by AFOL's than Castle 2013?

From what I've been told by a few people, they're pretty different, I guess? They don't know much.

From what I've been told by a few people, they're pretty different, I guess? They don't know much.

It's not a question of how close the themes are to each other...it's a question of whatever the rumored new direction is, do you think it will be better received than Castle 2013 (which was not very well received by lots of AFOL's)

The problem there is those 10's of Thousands of Classic Castle Fans who still buy Lego remain a drop in the bucket compared to the target aged kids who form Lego's primary consumer group. A "Castle Type" new internal IP is getting the full blown mass media Ninjago/Chima treatment. That's pretty much almost a guaranteed Rockstar status for sales. To put it in perspective I would not be surprised if Ninjago has exceeded the combined sales of all classic Castle sets. That's how much of a boost the cartoons and books and tie ins and games etc give the line. And Castle fans are complaining about this? ARE YOU ALL INSANE? This sort of thing is why Lego legitimately should always do the opposite of what AFOLs whine about.

true!

however, they should not forget about afols and try to design sets/themes in a way that everybody can have fun with it.

Meh. I rather have the Forest Ambush set than the offical battle packs. I hate the printing in 2013 Castle but the brick and the weapons still made it an good buy.

Honestly I used to be a nostalgiawhore when it came to Castle Villains and I really disliked the look of the 2013 Castle stuff when I first saw it because the cartoonish Lion was a huge turn-off compared to it's realistic looking predecessor but I've since opened up my heart for the Red Dragon Villains and they have now become my favorite among Castle Villains.

Lordofdragonss, yes. that's why I don't want a dry castle theme like the last one where the only non-real world stuff was maybe a wizard character and a dragon. I want them to go all in with fantasy, like Dungeons & Dragons style, with non-human factions, cool weapons and armour, actual dungeons, ruins, temples, forests to explore, necromancy, etc.

My dream is something like that aimed at older kids and adults.

Agreed, a Fantasy Era 2.0 would probably be my favorite thing to happen, but I also highly doubt it.

Well, maybe next year. Or the year after that. And maybe, just maybe, Lego will listen to us (or at least a lot of us) and give us a new Fantasy Era line. With Elves. And brickbuild Dragons, like the old viking ones. That'd be great.

If the new series come up and it will be like Chima, Ninjago and Knights Kingdom Mixed.. I think it wil have great potential, Especially if we got named color coded characters. It will be great thing to army build one type of colored knight for example! I only hope new heraldry will be more original. I will take anything besides dragons and lions. Gryphons vs Wolves please?

There is no reason why the new line would not incorporate these ideas. Personally I do not want coloured knights like Ninjago but I suspect that is what will happen to make discernible characters. They could do four different factions and the knights would have to team up and work together to defeat a fifth faction. Heraldry could use Dragons, Boars, Deer, Wolves, Gryphons, Lions, or even Unicorns. :laugh: Each faction then would have a certain look to their castles, siege engines etc.

Edited by Wodanis

Nexo Knights sounds.... really childish.

OK now i'm a bit worried. :sceptic:

Edited by Dosenbrot

^ What did you expect to find?

I can't find the post that said this (I'm on mobile) but someone said that this theme will be ruined because it's an going to be like an Action Theme.

I disagree. Monster Fighters is a good example of an Action Theme done right, as it pleases fans of classic monsters as well as kids who want wacky vehicles and the like. Another good example is Pharoah's Quest. If this theme can appeal to both audiences, we have a success.

I agree with idea that giving Castle more exposure is good for the theme becuase it will encourage designers to put more imagination and charm into their products. Once this theme ends (Not for at least three years), the next subtheme will probably lack fantasy, but the designers will be trying hard to replicate the success of the previous line, giving us good products for years to come.

Lego Knights Nexo 70310 - Knighton disc launchers, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99

Preorder. Release date: January 16, 2016

Lego Knights Nexo 70311 - Chaos Catapult, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99

Lego Knights Nexo 70313 - Moltors lava launchers, building and construction toys

EUR 19,99

Lego Knights Nexo 70330 - Ultimate Clay, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99

Lego Knights Nexo 70312 - Lances Robo Horse, building and construction toys

EUR 19,99

Lego Knights Nexo 70315 - Clays blade Cruiser, building and construction toys

EUR 39,99

Lego Knights Nexo 70332 - Ultimate Aaron, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99

Lego Knights Nexo 70335 - Ultimate Lavaria, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99

Lego Knights Nexo 70334 - Ultimate Monster Master, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99

Lego Knights Nexo 70331 - Ultimate Macy, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99

Lego Knights Nexo 70316 - Jestros companions of darkness, building and construction toys

EUR 49,99

Lego Knights Nexo 70333 - Ultimate Robin, building and construction toys

EUR 9.99