Incredibly scrappy and blurry photos of the hero pack, just in case anyone is interested:

package

really small booklet (8cmx11cm, 3,1x4,3 inches - not sure why are they rotated, sorry)

shiny sticker sheet (same size as booklet)

Okoto map (42cmx30cm, 16,5x11,8inches)

mask poster (on the other side of the map)

The skull spider and the mask are hardly new to anyone.

Edited by wghost

Incredibly scrappy and blurry photos of the hero pack, just in case anyone is interested:

package

really small booklet (not sure why are they rotated, sorry)

shiny sticker sheet

Okoto map (larger than size A4)

...why it has the prototype MOCr on package?

Woah! Prototype MoCR sighting!

That's awesome. I already feel nostalgic thinking of the display days. Thanks for the pictures.

package

really small booklet (8cmx11cm, 3,1x4,3 inches - not sure why are they rotated, sorry)

shiny sticker sheet (same size as booklet)

Okoto map (42cmx30cm, 16,5x11,8inches)

Just to clarify, is it indeed a trans-orange Hau or just a regular red version?

Fantastic, thank you.

I wonder if there will be a similar promotion later with a Trans-Light blue version of Gali's mask and like a dark red skull spider to have a similar contrast to this upcoming GWP.

Fantastic, thank you.

I wonder if there will be a similar promotion later with a Trans-Light blue version of Gali's mask and like a dark red skull spider to have a similar contrast to this upcoming GWP.

While I think the colors are probably coincidental, it'd be really cool if they weren't =P. But the leaked docs didn't suggest anything about another GWP thing, and did confirm the summer sets, so probably no more.

Anyway, really cool stuff; looking forward to the US version. And I love that they give the exclusives those bananas set numbers.

Looks pretty sweet. Love all the promo booklets, and the map looks wonderful. Seems like it's a mix of realistic and cartoony that we haven't seen before.

Too bad I'm in the US. I have to wait another month.

Oh, right, if you want an online version of that map it was recently released on a Russian BIONICLE subsite (for Nickelodeon). It's so damn big I can't get it to display properly on the wiki, but it's there. Doesn't have the golden mask locations, though, I'll like that about the promo pack version.

Also, I love the compass image they've created. Has anybody tried making it on LDD? It's so cute.

(completely unrelated but somebody should email LEGO complaining that the digital BIONICLE insert is still the wrong file because it's still bugging me and I already sent a complaint)

Two guesses for the hands on the box;

- They belong to 'Makuta - The Mask Hoarder' or alternatively another villain/villains

- They belong to the mutated Toa who have had their masks stolen

There are those strange pillars on the bottom of the stone region. Could that be the ancient city?

Also just to note that while Makuta clearly is/was an earth villager Ekimu is either ice or water. (My guess is on ice) It would just make sense that the ancient city is directly between them.

You know the rules, these aren't toys, they're actually a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick bone and plate system! :grin:

Oh my bad, you're right with that. I am a disgrace to our clan. :grin:

I agree with you on the new bones, they work well for what they're meant to be and I'm sure there will be plenty of uses for them that'll emerge as time goes by despite their lack of a connection point in the middle.

Since I let the imagery of these sets sink in, I had a few ideas for how to use these new bones. One that I will definitely attempt is to build something similiar to the Necrons of Warhammer 40.000, I think that would work great with all that trans-apple green and stuff. The torso might be a bit challenging, but not impossible I think.

Oh hey, a Haiku!

No one appreciates this?

Here ya go, buddy. :thumbup:

Oh, I wouldn't have realized this is a Haiku, partially because I only flew over the past few pages, partially because I don't know how to read haikus.

Also, there was the ending missing:

It's snowing on Mt. Fuji

Edited by ZORK64

Wait, that's seven syllables, it'd have to be the middle li-

Never mind.

It's kind of interesting how the Earth Region has only one purple spot - only one major entrance to the underground area, perhaps? Or does it indicate where Onua's golden mask can be found?

There are those strange pillars on the bottom of the stone region. Could that be the ancient city?

There are similar (but bigger) "pillars" in the Ice Region.

But the Stone Region is definitely interesting, I've spotted something that could be pyramids (circled in red), and Moai-like statues (or is it the Stone Village ?) circled in blue :

stone_10.jpg

Also just to note that while Makuta clearly is/was an earth villager Ekimu is either ice or water. (My guess is on ice) It would just make sense that the ancient city is directly between them.

Why do they have to have been villagers? They clearly work for the entirety of the island, so I think their "ethnicity", if you will, is its own thing.

One thing I am wondering about is, if we do end up getting a Pre-Corruption Makuta, how will his hammer be built? I am guessing that it will be this claw piece and this claw piece on this cam piece in place of the two trans-blue pieces Ekimu uses. It won't look that good when using the launcher because it doesn't have the same rotational symmetry, but still.

Another thing I would like to point out is that in the animation models, Ekimu and Makuta appear to have black bones under their gold armor. The prevalent use of Trans-Blue on the Mask Maker was a very pleasant surprise, and it looks like it will absolutely shine on him. This makes me hope for some more trans-purple bones if-slash-when we get Makuta!

Wait, that's seven syllables, it'd have to be the middle li-

Never mind.

I guess I should give some context to the "ending" that I provided for the Haiku:

It's from a GameGrumps episode, or to be more specific, it's from the

. Dan improvises a Haiku right at the beginning of the video which he ends with "It's snowing on Mt. Fuji". He immediately notices that he messed the number of syllables up, but he and Arin run with it and decide that it's now a new rule that has to apply to all Haikus.

And I brought it up just because I'm kinda high on GameGrumps atm, so sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

...why it has the prototype MOCr on package?

OOH... is this the finalized set? Because that's really cool...

EDIT: Whoa, wait a second... the package says 9 pieces, but you can only see 6: The mask + the Skull spider mask + the 4 Skull Spider legs. A 2015 head is comprised of 3 parts, so I'm guessing the pack comes with a head to go with the masks, right?

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

OOH... is this the finalized set? Because that's really cool...

EDIT: Whoa, wait a second... the package says 9 pieces, but you can only see 6: The mask + the Skull spider mask + the 4 Skull Spider legs. A 2015 head is comprised of 3 parts, so I'm guessing the pack comes with a head to go with the masks, right?

It probably counts the sticker sheet and some of the other bonus material as parts.