I'm not really digging the idea of Ekimu being a protector-sized being, so I'm still hoping it's some kind of Takanuva-esque figure that finds the mask instead, but we'll see, I guess.

He's pretty beefed up. Try to use the gearbox on Protector and you'll find out how wide shoulders he will have. Think about a being as tall as human, but with proportions of a dwarf.

Oh, that is a great idea! And BTW, is he Skull GRINDER or DESTROYER? I'm so confused.

And I really hope that Ekimu doesn't use trans-blue. I absolutely despise trans-shells. (But I like trans-bones).

Like it or not the color scheme matches best with it, so it's very likely. As for the name. It's Skull Grinder. It's already in the S@H-database. When entering something else, it redirects back to it.

Wait wait... Are the skullies white boned?

Doubt it, would stand out too much with all the darker colors and red/purple Then again dark tan bones could work. But' I'm pretty sure we will mostly see use of grey, black, trans-red and -purple bones. Shells coming in dark metal, gunmetal, black, dark tan, purple, red and transred.

"Grinder" sounds worse than "Destroyer" to me because of how "destroy" is sort of the PG word for kill, but "grinder" brings to mind actual violence.

Problem being??? XD

"Worse" being another word for "better" in my opinion. What's wrong with "actual" violence in Bionicle?

Problem being??? XD

"Worse" being another word for "better" in my opinion. What's wrong with "actual" violence in Bionicle?

The darker story was not everyone's cake towards the end. Though, you can write it good and you can write it bad. Hordika being the very example of bad. Now because Bionicle is gaining it's popularity back into consumers I can't wait to see some mothers screaming that the summer sets advertise necromancy and other unholy things.

The darker story was not everyone's cake towards the end. Though, you can write it good and you can write it bad. Hordika being the very example of bad. Now because Bionicle is gaining it's popularity back into consumers I can't wait to see some mothers screaming that the summer sets advertise necromancy and other unholy things.

That's a thing that gets me, I liked the 2006-10 years probably more then the previous because it was "darker" to say. And I understand that gen 2 is suppose to be more light hearted I suppose is the term. But I'll always miss the more complicated lore that gen 1 ended with. But I see no problem with the names of the summer sets, or more violence. But anything could be violent if people put their imagination to it. XD

Edited by MakutaOfWar

But anything could be violent if people put their imagination to it. XD

*Looks at "Don't hug me, I'm scared" series and shudders*

Soooo no new animation episode yet... but I have been re-watching them over and over. Still enjoying them :sweet: can't wait until the later ones! My favorite out of all is still The Legend, even though it's technically not an Episode. What are you guys' favorite episode?

Vahi makes another appearance, if anyone noticed it in the game. It was rather obvious when Onua and PoE were digging through the earth. Wonder what Lego is intending with all these appearances.

I'm with Dorek in that I don't like Ekimu being small. Even with the mask, he's still going to be small in my opinion.

Vahi makes another appearance, if anyone noticed it in the game. It was rather obvious when Onua and PoE were digging through the earth. Wonder what Lego is intending with all these appearances.

I did see that! I don't think there's any specific encoded message, it's just a thematic reference; we have the Temple of Time and now apparently a Mask of Time, summoning heroes from Time itself... obviously this will play into the larger story, so the Vahi (as an old-school gen 1 favorite) is a clever way to acknowledge that part of the fanbase.

I'm with Dorek in that I don't like Ekimu being small. Even with the mask, he's still going to be small in my opinion.

Still hoping we get some kind of "new" Mask Maker because Ekimu's dead or something. Or maybe we get a revamped Ekimu next year.

*Looks at "Don't hug me, I'm scared" series and shudders*

Soooo no new animation episode yet... but I have been re-watching them over and over. Still enjoying them :sweet: can't wait until the later ones! My favorite out of all is still The Legend, even though it's technically not an Episode. What are you guys' favorite episode?

Lime Green is not a creative color, Lego...

And I liked the one where Tahu arrived, can't remember, only watched them all once. XD

Prophecy of Heroes is best episode.

For some reason I had a brainfart and read that as "Protectors Fight Back is best episode". Thanks for hyping me up for nothing, brain

And BTW, is he Skull GRINDER or DESTROYER? I'm so confused.

Could really be either... at this moment in time we have'nt really got anyway to confirm it. I know the Lego Products page redirects if its typed as Skull Destroyer... however, that could mean that Skull Grinder is the preliminary name and that Skull Destroyer is the new name... we'll have to wait.

Frankly, I like the idea of Ekimu being protector-sized. I like the idea of a being of a being of extraordinary importance, skill, and wisdom taking the same humble form as one on of the island's elders or villagers. This isn't some legendary warrior we're talking about, after all — rather, it's a legendary mask maker. An elder character more ancient even than the Protectors.

I also think that him having a shorter stature could potentially allow him to remain a mentor-type character to the Toa in future years without raising the question of why he doesn't simply fight by their side or in their place, which would be an easy question to raise if he were made out to be a being of incredible size and power like Axonn. Giving him a smaller size helps reinforce that he is a character for the heroic Toa to rescue/defend, not the other way around.

I'm not even sure why people were expecting anything more out of Ekimu. He may be the replacement of Mata Nui in the new story, but he was never portrayed (or even hinted at) as being some gigantic robot.

From what I got Skull Destroyer, Crusher, etc.. are unofficial translations Risgrynsgrot did. However, as someone on YT pointed out his name is a Swedish word. Swedish and Danish as languages are fairly close to eachother so it's possible he managed to translate from the original Danish set names. So, while unofficial, these translations might give us some insight on how the sets look, until Risgrynsgrot provides us with more detailed descriptions (which might or not happen since he described the pictures as being pretty small). Which brings me to...

To me Grinder indicates a saw. I'm imagining he will have a transred saw that we have already seen with HF and Protector of Ice.

Made this thing out of all my expectations: http://41.media.tumb...9evco1_1280.png

I really would like if he had a scythe though.

If Risgrynsgrot got those translations from Swedish or Danish, the set's original name is closer to the general concept of destroying or annhilating, so I don't think "Grinder" is meant to be taken literally and is closer to what Lego thought as a cool sounding English term for marketing purposes (Destroyer sounds cool too, but Grinder is more.. brutal, I guess).

I myself wouldn't like if the one who might turn out to be 2015's big bad reused such a simple piece, already used by one of the Protectors at that- it would be the equivalent of 03 Makuta using a Kohlii sti- oh wait, he kinda did. But still, I don't think a saw is a weapon fit for a leader villain, a pole weapon or a sword would be better.

And speaking of swords, Risgrynsgrot said one of the villains is using a big sword, I think that he would've mentioned it if said sword belonged to S. Grinder. So I'm going with my original theory that S. Slicer is the swordsman type, so the sword might belong to him. I wonder if the big sword is a new piece or a recolour (black? Titanium metallic?) of Tahu's/Kopaka's giant blade.

The added gear function will likely push Ekimu up to the worth of a $15 set, making the final set $35.

Also, not to crush any dreams, but I'm 99.99% sure that it's just medium azure (or dark azure, whichever) and not actual teal. Also, the shoulder armor is likely just the 2014 Chima Ultrabuild armor piece. :P

I was about to say that MM vs SG might be about 40 dollars like Queen Beast, but then I remembered that USA got Queen Beast for 35, it's Yuropoors who had to pay 40 Euro (47 DOLLARS) for her set.

I think Ekimu is going to be something between a Protector and a mid-size Toa, something worth about 12 Euro on his own. Hopefully that means that, even if the set isn't more expensive that Queen Beast, Skull Grinder turns out to be a more satisfying build and design compared to the likes of Fangar, Fluminox, Splitter Beast, etc. There don't seem to be any budget-eating elements this time (minifigs, giant overly complicated launchers, etc..)- there might be 1-2 Skull Spiders included in the set, but going by the Winter wave they don't seem to limit the sets designs in any way (unlike the Brains, ughhh).

Frankly, I like the idea of Ekimu being protector-sized. I like the idea of a being of a being of extraordinary importance, skill, and wisdom taking the same humble form as one on of the island's elders or villagers. This isn't some legendary warrior we're talking about, after all — rather, it's a legendary mask maker. An elder character more ancient even than the Protectors.

I also think that him having a shorter stature could potentially allow him to remain a mentor-type character to the Toa in future years without raising the question of why he doesn't simply fight by their side or in their place, which would be an easy question to raise if he were made out to be a being of incredible size and power like Axonn. Giving him a smaller size helps reinforce that he is a character for the heroic Toa to rescue/defend, not the other way around.

I like that as well. Important and/or legendary and/or powerful characters in G1 were almost always Toa sized or above: Mata Nui is an obvious example, but Artakha, Karzahni, TSO, many OoMN members etc.. were all much bigger than Toa. I like the idea of a legendary character who happens to be, physically speaking, little more than the average villager.

Your second paragraph hints at Ekimu not being much of a fighter, but I actually hope he is, because that would reinforce the idea that size doesn't matter. Since he's going to fight Skull Grinder directly, that should hint at him being fairly powerful on his own (especially if the G2 MoCr has its G1 counterpart's reality warping powers), unless that battle is non canon. Now, name one Matoran-sized character in G1 above the Turaga power level (shapeshifters don't count). I guess I just really like the idea of a a small guy fighting on par with a titanic foe, Yoda style.

It's a prototype piece that some people were able to acquire. :)

It is one of the more numerous parts in the stuff TLG sent out to those of us under NDA before (and during) NYCC. As well as dark bley spider legs and the lime eye piece.

It is one of the more numerous parts in the stuff TLG sent out to those of us under NDA before (and during) NYCC. As well as dark bley spider legs and the lime eye piece.

Had they sent out the majority of new parts?

I'm hoping that Ekimu uses medium azure, just so we can actually get some shells in that colour, as opposed to just bones. It would also be beyond amazing if he came with that golden protector mask too. Also hoping skull grinder is a decent size, I really miss the days when 'titan' actually felt like the appropriate name for the large sets.

Had they sent out the majority of new parts?

The first batch of parts they sent out to us consisted of:

-trans-orange haus

-onua masks

-kopaka masks

-onua shovels

-yellow launchers

-dark bley launcher inserts

-white Tahu/Kopaka blades

-silver boomerangs

- trans-line eyes

-silver new armour add-on

-silver spider masks

The second batch a few of us got at NYCC added:

-Lewa masks

-more Onua and Kopaka masks

-more yellow launchers and grey inserts

-dark bley spider legs

-more lime eyes

-clear haus

-heads

-more spiders

Anybody else get an apology email from LEGO about the BIONICLE sets being out of stock on the first? Free shipping code, which is nice... might have to place an order now.