I quite love the new Pakari. Just throwing that out there.

Reminds me of Takua's movie Pakari, just with added holes on the hide. Seems to be a recurring trend with these masks.

Okay: http://imgur.com/a/GYvH9

Can someone translate the text?

Hey, that's Italian!

And what the hell, LOSS is translated as "The Spiders of the Skull Lord" . It has to be a mistake, I refuse to believe they're this dumb.

And I still can't make out the Pakari.

Yes,i'm italian and those are pages from an italian magazine (BTW,i've never seen that magazine)

The pages contains preliminary set images (those with "Lego confidential 2014") with names translated in italian.For Bionicle,the strange thing is that they talk about combine Master set + Defender set (if you look close in the first image where it say "COMBINA,PIU POTENZA!",that mean COMBINE,MORE POWER!,you can see Defender of fire + Tahu combination ).

However,i will find that magazine,if i can,and explore it more closely.

And for Shakar : I don't think that "The spiders of the Skull Lord" is the definitive translation.Most of the time italian translations are so much dumb,but for Bionicle,LEGO Italy always translated names good.

Edited by jaller

Just to point out - GK's link is apparently more preliminary than the pictures J2G got us. Note the Skull Spiders with the (slightly) older leg piece.

The similarities to the movie versions of the masks are part of why I'm not too bothered by the new versions. They're faithful to the originals from the sets in many ways, but some of the things that are changed considerably (like the altered chin shapes for Gali and Tahu) really make them more expressive, in my opinion.

And let's not forget that Lhikan's Hau, which was widely beloved by many people, was arguably even more different, with no large mouth cavity, no "nose" separating the front surface from the forehead, long, pointed eyes instead of round ones, and much larger vents in the cheeks (and like the new one, there were only two vents in each cheek).

All things considered, I can see why some people might not like the new Hau. The mouth and chin closer resemble those of the Pakari Nuva than any previous physical version of the Hau, and it's easy to see that the gold one looks a bit ridiculous at that angle. But in general I think the designers did a pretty fine job. It still resembles the Hau closely enough that you can tell what it's supposed to be, and I think it suits Tahu as a character just fine. I'm sure it's one of those things that will be less controversial once the sets are actually out, especially since more people will be judging it against previous finished versions of the Hau and not against the preliminary version of this one.

so it looks as though after a terrible mining accident, Onua's on a respirator. :P

I kid. this pakari is gonna take some getting used to, but it looks cool enough. Like the MoCr, it looks a bit like the dwemer tech from skyrim.

Just to point out - GK's link is apparently more preliminary than the pictures J2G got us. Note the Skull Spiders with the (slightly) older leg piece.

Oh yeah, they're from the exact same stage as the preliminary leaks from a while back. The only new, finalized portions are the boxes at the bottom of the pages. THOSE are final (but small).

Yes,i'm italian and those are pages from an italian magazine (BTW,i've never seen that magazine)

The pages contains preliminary set images (those with "Lego confidential 2014") with names translated in italian.For Bionicle,the strange thing is that they talk about combine Master set + Defender set (if you look close in the first image where it say "COMBINA,PIU POTENZA!",that mean COMBINE,MORE POWER!,you can see Defender of fire + Tahu combination ).

However,i will find that magazine,if i can,and explore it more closely.

And for Shakar : I don't think that "The spiders of the Skull Lord" is the definitive translation.Most of the time italian translations are so much dumb,but for Bionicle,LEGO Italy always translated names good.

That's true, translations are usually pretty good (well, save for DOTTOR WITCH), it might be they were in a hurry so they used Google Translate (it totally sounds like GT's work, it hates genitives).

And I took a look at the gold Pakari. A bit wider than I expected but I do like it.

Too bad the sets are still preliminary..j2g, we need you. :-D

The Russian community trolls you and you're all like "no problem mate :-)", and when a poor dago like me yells "check Serebii!!!" just for giggles he gets warned by the forum moderator.

That makes me really sad.

Anyway, those scans look awesome.

The Russian community trolls you and you're all like "no problem mate :-)", and when a poor dago like me yells "check Serebii!!!" just for giggles he gets warned by the forum moderator.

For what it's worth, it's not that I took the trolling lightly; it's that I didn't believe it for a second because it was obviously fake. :P

I'm guessing it has to do with the

timing: back then, we knew very little about the new sets and we were pretty desperate for news. Now that we have more info, people are more tolerant to trolling.

Anyway, those scans look awesome.

I wasn't like that at all, but I removed my comment for the sake of not starting a flame war. But yeah, the scans are cool, and while its a prelim, its nice to actually get a look at Onua's mask.

I will find that damn magazine.

It's a retailer catalogue so unless you're a retailer or find a retailer that lets you peek inside you're not going to find it.

-Gata signoff.png

I'm guessing it has to do with the

timing: back then, we knew very little about the new sets and we were pretty desperate for news. Now that we have more info, people are more tolerant to trolling.

Or maybe, since this is an American forum, a lone European is less frightening than a Russian community.

[uSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

I see a new part on the back of Onua's hammer. Maybe it's Lewa's shoulder pad piece?

And did anyone notice that the MOCr is half black?

Edited by Shakar

The Pakari looks... really gross, in my opinion. Really wide, really bulky, and I'm just not much of a fan of it. Then again, Onua's sort of a let down for me in general since they did away with his claws, which I will always miss. (The gold also seems kind of... weird, IMO they shoulda either gone with just the silver or just the gold and not try to shoehorn both into the same scheme).

to this date, all the gold/yellow pieces in those sets upset me. they just look so out of place

but at least it looks like you could build a golden set out of all those pieces

a very ugly one

This is going to sound really lame, but my main reason for wishing Onua didn't have his bulky silver shoulderpads is because without silver, he has the color scheme of the best LEGO set of all time.

(Okay, the Limo has a couple light grey/silver pieces, but none as jarring as Onua's massive shoulders.)

Edited by Grima

I see a new part on the back of Onua's hammer. Maybe it's Lewa's shoulder pad piece?

It's a Ben10 foot.

And did anyone notice that the MOCr is half black?

Pretty sure it's just shadows.

If you look very closely you can see a part of a Metru head; Metru FTW.

It is definitely not a Metru head, I can tell you that.