Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Decamon Tournament

I tap my foot as I wait for festivities to commence.

"Are we all certain this isn't just some trap to extort our money and kill us?" My time in the Academy had made me paranoid, it seems.

Warlen looks around puzzledly, having memories of this place he had never seen before.

After looking at the cards, he sighed, then went looking for someone to loan him 20g.

Half-Elf mage looking for loan of 20 gold.

Will pay back on next meeting.

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

Dreyrugr somewhat remembering the last event mumbled under his breath, "I hope that if this loops a bunch the number of iterations stays below three digits". Drerygur was glad that his money came back and then goes to purchase a shark's hand for 200 gold. (355-200=155)

"Black Holes, Titaani astronomers have proven the existence of multiples, or are you talking about something else entirely?"

He eld out his hand.

"Nice to see you again, we've only met once but I hope you remember it, and yes, this is real, in fact I happen to be on a quest right now, and still here at the same time, I'm currently in a battle with some nasty denizens of the forest, it's very exciting isn't it? I can't wait to see how it turns out, but how have you been faring, well I hope?"

"I got banished to the Black Hole once... it wasn't very exciting. All I remember was some guy with an indescribable accent yell at me. Then he demanded I say I reply "Yes, my Gatekeeper" whenever he spoke to me. Looking back, it was probably a drug induced dream... yeah, it probably was.

Huh. I'm on a quest right now, and all my friends are letting me down. Good times, you know." Karie shakes her head in disbelief. "Whatever, I still think this is some sort of illusion, or something. I've been in enough of those to know that this is probably not real."

"Hmm... In that case, if there's anything you need, please do not hesitate."

"Well, it's either this or fighting a giant scorpion with a superiority complex who's kind of a dick." Karie leans in and whispers in response.

Erik buys a beginners hand for 5 gold. What kind of fool would spend a hundred gold on cards? He thinks hypocritically, considering he would have spent over a hundred gold himself if the rules of the tournament had been easier to take advantage of.

Warlen looks around puzzledly, having memories of this place he had never seen before.

After looking at the cards, he sighed, then went looking for someone to loan him 20g.

Seeing a half-elf looking for someone to lend him money, Erik hands him 20 gold.

What the ... I thought I bought a Beginner's Hand. (But, seeing I still have my gold. I try to buy the deck of cards again.)

Edited by samuraiturtle

Vindsval looks down as the Tiny Lind-Whisperer reaches into his coin pouch and helps himself to a couple of coins.

Watch yourself little thief, when offered gold is given freely, when taken it is returned by force, often still in the hand that clasps it. (7-2=5)You would be well to wait until offered again.

With the same feeling of Deja vu as everyone else, Vindsval walks to the dummy and Purchases A Beginners Hand (5-5=0)

"Well, it's either this or fighting a giant scorpion with a superiority complex who's kind of a dick." Karie leans in and whispers in response.

"Perhaps a coin spin may point you towards reality?" Purpearl whispers, with a gold coin in her outstretched palm.

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Vindsval looks down as the Tiny Lind-Whisperer reaches into his coin pouch and helps himself to a couple of coins.

Ooc: My apologies. I was trying to speed things up by saying that Lind and Vindsval repeated their earlier encounter, including the loan.

Note: The first post has been updated with purchases from the first page of this topic. Please check that everything is correct!

Also, the sign-up time has been decreased, you only have tomorrow to join, as the Tournament will begin on Friday.

"I suppose a handsome automaton like yourself would know quite a lot about Decamon. Care to give a fell

The dummy just waves its hand.

heroicadt-receptionist.jpg

"At. Your. Service. Please. Insert. Gold."

"Ehehm... Does anyone want to trade for my Electric 3 card? I will need an Aquatic, Plant or Luminous card in return..."

"Ehehm... Does anyone want to trade for my Electric 3 card? I will need an Aquatic, Plant or Luminous card in return..."

Having watched the machine hand out the cards, and having examined the frequency of the different types, the gray-cloaked rogue slipped up behind the Chi Monk.

"I just happen to have a Luminous in hand at the moment," Lind said, proffering a Glow Worm (Luminous 1).

"Hey, I've got a Creeping Hand (Dark 2) card that I'd be interested in trading for a card of the Aquatic type... Anyone interested?"

Bobby wanders around the Emerald Palace. "Yo, this place is tight. I can dig it." He walks up to the automaton and cocks his head at it, getting a few different angles at it. "Dope," he says. "You just put gold in and it gives you cards?" He tests it out by inserting 75 gold and buying a Gambler's Hand.

Nerwen smiles a bright smile.

Who am I? I'm just one reminding you of your debt to the elves of R'kilf.

"Nerwen? Is that you? What in heaven's name happened to you! You look nothing like you used to, tell me, what has been going on?"

"I got banished to the Black Hole once... it wasn't very exciting. All I remember was some guy with an indescribable accent yell at me. Then he demanded I say I reply "Yes, my Gatekeeper" whenever he spoke to me. Looking back, it was probably a drug induced dream... yeah, it probably was.

Huh. I'm on a quest right now, and all my friends are letting me down. Good times, you know." Karie shakes her head in disbelief. "Whatever, I still think this is some sort of illusion, or something. I've been in enough of those to know that this is probably not real."

"Oh, I thought you meant the mysterious spatial anomalies that appear to devour light."

"Nice, just be thankful I'm not questing with you, I'd be letting you down with the worst of them. And as for proving the reality of this situation, well, I'd slap you but men are not supposed to strike ladies."

Having said all this, Throlar bought a Beginners Hand for five gold.

"Hey Sorrow. I seem to have got two of these Flying Eight cards. Want to swap one for one of your double Rock Eights?"

Edited by Scubacarrot

I grunt.

"Cards! What the devil! Well, I have the gold to splash and some of the prizes are nice...I suppose."

I fork over 75 gold for a Gambler's Hand.

"...What the devil!..."

"Father*, please to remember your cloth!"

*Meant in a religous manner, not as a suggestion of paternity.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

I glance at Lind suspiciously, but remain silently.

What does he want? Probably gold.