Thought about the pinhole with 3L axle again, it'd also be a nice upgrade to 5th wheel locking mechanisms - if you put a towball in its pinhole (or whatever connection) you can push and pull on it without stuff coming apart, unlike mechanisms that use an axle with stop that has eg. the perpendicular 6536 on it with a towball, which is push-only.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Nice to see a new part, but wont the steering link just get pushed up over the ball joint with bar with pin? (unless its like the old 6L links (still possible but harder) / 9L links (impossible))

Edited by SNIPE

On 4/16/2024 at 7:37 PM, R0Sch said:

ULx14cx.png

This is now can find on new city sets.

1714612684.jpg1714612684%20(1).jpg

@msk6003 Nice! Always love heavy machinery in City and the crane truck doesn't disappoint. 8 axles is crazy.

Can someone figure out what this part is (i drew a blue dot to mark it)
ddd.png

60422-1.jpg

Look at the top of the harbour crane... They really tried hard to avoid re-releasing the Red toggle joint! :wall:

32126-4-b2313e6d-1303-48c0-b6e8-2e32ea40

Posted (edited)

The stability feet on the large crane are interesting.  Somewhere between 2x2 and 4x6 plate with a towball socket on the top?  At least I'm guessing it's a red 66906 towball connecting it to the leg.  And I'd guess to store them you have to pop them out of the pin connector, cause I don't see any way to fold them up.

(edit) Maybe they're for City semi truck 5th wheels?  Sort of looks like it's a keyhole shape so you can slide the ball in from one side.

I think the mystery parts might be black flagpoles, inserted through multiple 61332 to connect the arm to the "hydraulic cylinder".  3957b

Edited by Stereo

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Look at the top of the harbour crane... They really tried hard to avoid re-releasing the Red toggle joint! :wall:

Lol, that's harsh :tongue:

10 hours ago, msk6003 said:

This is now can find on new city sets.

I love how those small scale sets are using more and more technic parts for some posable 'functions'. Hopefully this kind of technic part reuse also results in more diverse technic parts, especially basic structural ones.

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

That's a shame. Not sure I understand how much re-releasing such parts would cost (I guess mostly a bit of storage cost, apart from switching molds/colors one more time). But my guess is that it could probably used in other sets too in the future, as it's a basic color.. Maybe cheaper than all the work they need to do to avoid it in the next set as well..

6 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

That's a shame. Not sure I understand how much re-releasing such parts would cost (I guess mostly a bit of storage cost...

Probably a storage issue. They simply don't have the capacity to store so many different parts/colors. We have seen this happen quite often in the past. 

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Probably a storage issue. They simply don't have the capacity to store so many different parts/colors. We have seen this happen quite often in the past. 

I'd almost believe that, if it weren't so that at the same time they do seem to have the capacity to re-release strange (non-generic) parts in exotic colors (like some posted a few pages before in this thread) for the sake of certain themes.

8 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

I'd almost believe that, if it weren't so that at the same time they do seem to have the capacity to re-release strange (non-generic) parts in exotic colors (like some posted a few pages before in this thread) for the sake of certain themes.

Yeah, I know and I absolutely agree. But themes seem to get a certain quota/quotum. This goes for stickers (edit: prints) as well. 

Just now, Jim said:

Yeah, I know and I absolutely agree. But themes seem to get a certain quota/quotum. This goes for stickers as well. 

You mean prints?

Just now, Zerobricks said:

You mean prints?

Of course I meant prints :laugh:

Oops...

These city sets look great.  I’d rather have that crane and excavator more than any of the Technic stuff shown thus far. 

32 minutes ago, Alex Ilea said:

McLaren interior color confirmed

I don't see any evidence of that

16 hours ago, Alex Ilea said:

McLaren interior color confirmed

15 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I don't see any evidence of that

10318 Concorde came with "toilet roll" panels in the same Medium Nougat... coincidence?!

A purple exterior with this nougat interior would look nice

Although, a new color in an existing mold doesn't neccesarily mean the introduction to Technic, sadly (see botanical sets, late Bionicle/early Hero Factory)

Edited by Jockos

Have we had sand green Technic parts besides axles and connectors in botanical sets before?

At least the 1x9 and 2x4 beams are new. Could this be the color of the G500? Or rather a color for 2025?

LEGO-Jurassic-World-76966-Dinosaurier-Mi

22 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Have we had sand green Technic parts besides axles and connectors in botanical sets before?

That's interesting! Are you sure it's sand green and not olive green like the technic Defender? Even then, the 9L beam would be new. But it does look more like sand green. And it's not really necessary in that color in this set, so probably made for something else. Sand green would combine better with all the available system parts, like the ones in the Icons Defender :) (I think olive green does not have that many parts available..)

BTW, what's that little fender part on the quad?