5 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

That was fast, thanks for helping me out!

No worries! The skeleton leg isn't just limited to being a leg either - it was once used as a head for Count Dooku's FA-4 droid in 7752.

sw0225.png

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The skeleton leg isn't just limited to being a leg either

Interesting, I now see it is used in 273 sets till now, quite a common piece.... but not in Technic sets.

11 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

Interesting, I now see it is used in 273 sets till now, quite a common piece.... but not in Technic sets.

What use would it have in Technic?

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

What use would it have in Technic?

Not much, otherwise it would have been used already, but you never know.... 

On 7/2/2022 at 4:32 AM, R0Sch said:

Cam new in reddish brown in 71412.

I really like how these are used to not just simulate those big cartoony feet, but even add a '90s-esque foot shuffling feature!

It makes me wish that cam came in more colors, so that I could use them to come up with big versions of other Mario enemies. Sadly the only ones that are more colorful than blacks, whites and grey are medium blue and yellow, which only ever came in one set each!

Yeah the cam seems underrated... What also seems very useful is just a 3L beam with 3 axle holes, like what CaDA is producing...

On 7/5/2022 at 2:12 AM, Takanuinuva said:

The Ninjago Aeroblade piece is back and redesigned. It now has a hole that goes all the way through

250x250p.jpg

I do not know where it was previously used for but I does have good purpose in the new "Jazz Quartet"

52200880632_eaa91da1ef_m.jpg

Edited by JunkstyleGio

19 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Perhaps in some cases this part could do the thing.... https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11272#T=C&C=77

In very few cases maybe. The middle axle hole doesn’t support an axle going through (only 1 stud on either side), and of course the middle part is also sticking out half a stud. The Cada liftarm is just a standard 1x3 liftarm except with axle holes.

Agreed. The 3L camshaft halfbeam is the closest thing TLG has ever made I think. But the overhang will cause problems too

I tried to find set which use cam as cam in 21/12/31.

And in that time if I didn't missing some set, without education only 7 set use it as cam exactly. And I can't find any technic set use cam as cam. Looks like this 42132 is first.

Black

4002020, 3432, 3429, 3433, 30628

Light gray

DBG

44 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

And in that time if I didn't missing some set, without education only 7 set use it as cam exactly. And I can't find any technic set use cam as cam. Looks like this 42132 is first.

Black

Light gray

DBG

I know 42030 uses 4 of them (black) in steering system 

...but as it would be ordinary liftarms with axle holes

7 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Black

Light gray

DBG

Usually because linkages are more reliable, as opposed to something just resting on top of a cam which can flap around.

Take the air race jet for example, that is linkage galore!.

9 hours ago, LvdH said:

In very few cases maybe. The middle axle hole doesn’t support an axle going through (only 1 stud on either side), and of course the middle part is also sticking out half a stud. The Cada liftarm is just a standard 1x3 liftarm except with axle holes.

here are some solutioms. they may not be ideal however:

3-axle-holes.png

98585 could also be used as a three-axlehole connector but of course it's not ideal either.

6 hours ago, howitzer said:

Now's our chance: https://www.newelementary.com/2022/07/contest-make-wishbrick.html

What would you make?

The existence of this contest makes me kinda sad. Clearly it has been conceived from a System brick perspective. Apparently the System catalogue is already so complete that it makes sense to start thinking about 'creative' new molds. But in Technic we need no such contest while basic gaps exist. For example, we're sorely missing 85x85p.jpg but with axle hole. No creativity needed to think of that....

There is basically 0% chance a Technic part will win.

That being said, this part would be game changing:

9 minutes ago, astyanax said:

we're sorely missing 85x85p.jpg but with axle hole. No creativity needed to think of that....

I agree with the above part, but the axle hole should look like most axle holes where you can put an 8 or 24 or 40 tooth gear beside it and the cutout allows the gears teeth to rotate, clear of catching on the axle hole.

New part 80477 was briefly mentioned in this thread, but didn't get much discussion, I believe. Still unsure if this part facilitates any great new constructions... Hmmmm

250x250p.jpg

That's a cool new part, and the context it's used it, it's a clear upgrade to the set it's found in.

The 4+ 2020 71701: Kai's Fire Dragon  Dragon had only rotation around a technic pin, which kinda limited the pose/playability.

The newer set 71759: Ninja Dragon Temple with this part, which acts like a spacer so the head can move in many directions around the small ball joint, so the head can look in many directions.

Overall, with the extra length of the bar, it gives more space for larger rotation angles.

Compatbility with parts like this is also interesting for certain builds.

62462.png

Edited by TeriXeri

minifig utensil rings in light bluish gray (useful to place over pins and axles)

wew.png

edit: never mind, it is some brand I never heard of called bluebricks and the video was in german

Edited by SNIPE

Nonetheless those Chrome Gold rings (11010) are great, worth getting a handful of. Useful as spacers, at 8 LDU they're slightly thinner than half-bushes (10 LDU). 

Also great for decoration! I used like 8 of them in my Lamborghini Vision GT mod. :pir-grin:

85x85p.jpg

15 hours ago, astyanax said:

The existence of this contest makes me kinda sad. Clearly it has been conceived from a System brick perspective. Apparently the System catalogue is already so complete that it makes sense to start thinking about 'creative' new molds. But in Technic we need no such contest while basic gaps exist. For example, we're sorely missing 85x85p.jpg but with axle hole. No creativity needed to think of that....

Sad but true. The part you mentioned would indeed make for a great addition, as would more lengths of the link part discussed earlier. I would also really like to see a friction pin with cup to accept ball-joints. Then there's of course the endlessly discussed new gears & stuff, to make better gearboxes and new parts for better steering assemblies and so on...

Sounds like what barman rendered on brickshelf:

15_bush_with_1_or_2__pin_or_cross_axle.j

It's highly worth looking through his brickshelf gallery, one of my favourites is this idea:

11_kogellink.jpg

12_kogellink_3d.jpg

If they put he notches at the ends of every axle length you could have links like this any length and orientation you want. Although it would look pretty terrible with the current colour coding of axles.

Edited by allanp