26 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

I don't mean to be nosy, but what would you need that number for?

I'm trying to add the missed parts to BL and RB inventories, so we can get the full inventory for newly released sets (42128+42129) and found that I just physically can't add the new pre-cut pipes due to the absence of the mold numbers on them. Well, they actually can't have them as they are pre-cut, not molded but the rules have me find them and add :sad:

The purpose was to prepare the inventories for further MODs and alternative models. At least make it a bit easier.

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Unfortunately not, it shows only "part color codes", a combination of mold+color while I'm looking for a model number which is the same for different colors and used across the Brick trade portals.

The way I understand it, these part numbers used by Rebrickable, Bricklink and other platforms are assigned by the community but for the newer parts they generally coincide with the LEGO-provided "Design Numbers" which can be fetched from the Bricks&Pieces page

For your convenience I copied them for the 42128 set 

PNEUMATIC TUBE 160MM Element 6352200 Design Number 37574 
PNEUMATIC TUBE, 304 MM Element 6352206 Design Number 79307 
PNEUMATIC TUBE 224MM Element 6351907 Design Number 21825 
PNEUMATIC TUBE, 128 MM Element 6352209 Design Number 79308 
PNEUMATIC TUBE, 304 MM Element 6352208 Design Number 79307 
PNEUMATIC TUBE 224MM Element 6351910 Design Number 21825 
PNEUMATIC TUBE 32MM Element 6247177 Design Number 26445 
PNEUMATIC TUBE 64MM Element 6119454 Design Number 21837 
PNEUMATIC TUBE 184MM Element 6150192 Design Number 26436 

Oh, man, I can't say how I'm happy now! I definitely need to add this to my notes.

85x85p.jpg

Today I learned that this new pin (65826) from the VW T2 Camper (10279) is called the "bridge pin" by TLG. And that it indeed has an anti-stud. Could be very useful... Just hoping it won't stay color-locked in Bright Green!

Source

I have a hard time figuring out when that part would be more useful than a 1x1 round plate with the stud inserted into a technic pin hole. To me it seems to stick out just as much. But I don't know if it's considered a "legal" building technique..

11 hours ago, LvdH said:

I have a hard time figuring out when that part would be more useful than a 1x1 round plate with the stud inserted into a technic pin hole. To me it seems to stick out just as much. But I don't know if it's considered a "legal" building technique..

1x1 round plate could probably be used, but it's much more annoying to remove (might need a push from the other side of the pinhole) and probably not TLG-legal, so I can see the usefulness of the new pin. Needs more colour options though.

11 hours ago, LvdH said:

Theoretically you're right. But I often find that the stud does not stick well into the pinhole. Especially with connectors like 85x85p.jpg?1626706079.3937278 and 85x85p.jpg?1626703406.6800365 the stud falls out very very easily...

How tall is that pin's anti stud part? It will be usefull for 2<x<3 stud long pin if combined with 1/2 pin.

3 hours ago, astyanax said:

Especially with connectors like *snip* and *snip* the stud falls out very very easily...

That is true. I’ll have to order a few when they become available.

On the subject of those parts, Rebrickable now has a V2 inventory of the Sian with the only difference being the parts (like above) that had the biggest color inconsistencies. I’m wondering when this was added because it has to be quite recent, and also if LEGO has finally cracked down the color inconsistency issues of those parts especially. 
https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=42115-1&1-inv=63571&1-user_list=&2-set=42115-1&2-inv=109145&2-user_list=

Edited by LvdH

23 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Rebrickable now has a V2 inventory of the Sian with the only difference being the parts (like above) that had the biggest color inconsistencies. I’m wondering when this was added because it has to be quite recent, and also if LEGO has finally cracked down the color inconsistency issues of those parts especially. 

Ah, finally. But I bought the Sian in 2020 and it already came with the new pins like 65487. And it had color inconsistency issues like everybody else.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:57 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

@2GodBDGlory @N-4K0 on photos of the set this part comes in (Darth Vader chamber), it shows a bar hole through the stop end. I believe a bar can be inserted fully through it.

Not all bar can be pushed through. The image shows the max. distance:

wrn_210826_195957.png

43 minutes ago, anyUser said:

Can't wait to get these new pins IRL and in LDRAW

Edited by SNIPE

11 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

cant wait to get these new pins IRL and in LDRAW

I find this pin very useful to stabilize or connect three already built in liftarms what can happen in big Star Wars mocs

3 hours ago, anyUser said:

wrn_210826_195957.png

Confirmed. The insertion distance is exactly 1 module in both sides (which is exactly the same as the frictionless 3L pin, and slightly deeper than the axle pins).

On the topic of bar insertion, there's this new part:

250x250p.jpg

The closed part has a barrier halfway which stops you from inserting an axle deeper than 1 module. However, the barrier has a hole just wide enough for a bar; the bar can go all the way through.

Just now, astyanax said:

A few pages ago we were discussing if 85x85p.jpg?1626703766.7025707 would ever be of any use in Technic builds... seems we finally have an example! :laugh_hard:

You are right. :thumbup:

Lego commercial department is sneaking on us 

That image really shows that there were no reasons at all to re-colour the LAs when the idler gears used in the tracks are still tan (not to mention all the pins and axles)

1 hour ago, 1974 said:

That image really shows that there were no reasons at all to re-colour the LAs when the idler gears used in the tracks are still tan (not to mention all the pins and axles)

Yes, if they decide to recolor why leaving dark bluish gray la holder?

15 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Yes, if they decide to recolor why leaving dark bluish gray la holder?

Because they switched only the LBG casing to black. Also changing the DBG parts (piston end, base, bracket) would've required three additional new elements, and there's not much point in that.

3 minutes ago, howitzer said:

and there's not much point in that.

Same argument could be made for the reason to re-colour the LA housings when a ton of the parts that should be yellow in this set are not

5 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Same argument could be made for the reason to re-colour the LA housings when a ton of the parts that should be yellow in this set are not

Second that :thumbup:

But at the end we will welcome color changes in our MOCS

1 minute ago, 1gor said:

But at the end we will welcome color changes in our MOCS

No, you do not