Just an FYI - there is a Red and Black version of the Bugatti out there now,  and the wheel arches in Red and Black. 

It looks stunning. 

Just now, Richard Dower said:

Just an FYI - there is a Red and Black version of the Bugatti out there now,  and the wheel arches in Red and Black. 

Please, no clone brand discussion here.

Part 10197 apperaed in LBG in insider set (4000025 - Ferguason tractor). Difiult to say if it will appear in regual sets soon, I will watch it closely. That set is very intersting for other parts as well, there are 81,6mm motorcycle tires in it (last seen in 2008) and matchig wheel in LBG for first time. Sadly the wheel/tire combo is said to be re-released for this set only.

10197.png

1 hour ago, Ivan_M said:

Sadly the wheel/tire combo is said to be re-released for this set only.

And rear tires are motorcycle and not tractor tires :sceptic:

And front one look like from London bus...

Edited by I_Igor
Lack of space

The cam piece (6575) and the 90 degree axle bend (10197) are still available through education sets.

50 minutes ago, YRUDancin said:

The cam piece (6575) and the 90 degree axle bend (10197) are still available through education sets.

Are you sure they are available in Light Bluish Gray as mentioned above? 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, Ivan_M said:

Part 10197 apperaed in LBG in insider set (4000025 - Ferguason tractor). Difiult to say if it will appear in regual sets soon, I will watch it closely. That set is very intersting for other parts as well, there are 81,6mm motorcycle tires in it (last seen in 2008) and matchig wheel in LBG for first time. Sadly the wheel/tire combo is said to be re-released for this set only.

Nice find Ivan.... Cheers. 

Is the lego power functions ir remote supposed to smell a little like electric fire or burnt metal? 
It's functioning normally with no issues whatsoever. I just noticed after putting the batteries in that if i put my nose up against the remote, it smells a little bit. 
Is this supposed to happen?

did you put in the batteries backwards? i don't know if IR remote has reverse polarity protection. Otherwise, you can take a multimeter and measure the resistance of the remote to see of there are any shorts. If there are, the remote is probably shorting somewhere and you should get a new one.

15 minutes ago, YRUDancin said:

did you put in the batteries backwards? i don't know if IR remote has reverse polarity protection. Otherwise, you can take a multimeter and measure the resistance of the remote to see of there are any shorts. If there are, the remote is probably shorting somewhere and you should get a new one.

I rechecked the batteries twice. They should be on correctly.

EDIT:
I asked my brother, he has 4 controllers total and he said that they all smell the same and work normally..

The smell is the same what 9 volt batteries taste like. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

49 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Is the lego power functions ir remote supposed to smell a little like electric fire or burnt metal? 
It's functioning normally with no issues whatsoever. I just noticed after putting the batteries in that if i put my nose up against the remote, it smells a little bit. 
Is this supposed to happen?

PF components in general seem to smell like that, or so I've noticed; the remotes from 42065 and 42070 especially do. I guess it's because they're being made with a newer material, or at another production facility.

Edited by Maaboo35

I bet you they don't smell as bad as mine. Despite storing all my PF stuffage in sealed boxes with regularly refreshed mesh bags full o' rice, it all ended up smelling like an unloved 1960's analogue synthesiser. I had to do all this because I used to live above a derelict basement full of sludge, see. Everything still appears to work, but cripes the XL motors are noisier than ever.

2 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

The smell is the same what 9 volt batteries taste like.

Do your friends ever make excuses to refuse a dinner invitation

Big part of the smell is the switch to lead free solder and less caustic flux, and switching from solvent based board cleaners to more environmentally friendly ones.  The board cleaners don’t remove as much flux residue which leaves the boards smelling more like hot solder and flux, the two main components in “magic smoke” when components fry themselves.  At least this has been my observation in the electronics manufacturing sector of aircraft lighting, when I worked as a lighting engineer at Grimes Aerospace in Urbana, Ohio for 12 years. Same smell is in TV remotes these days as well.

16 hours ago, Gnac said:

Do your friends ever make excuses to refuse a dinner invitation

You're telling me that you never tried putting your tongue on a 9 volt battery to test if it has power?

12 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

You're telling me that you never tried putting your tongue on a 9 volt battery to test if it has power?

I use the battery box and siren brick from 6840 for this :|

I can't make 9V batteries taste good, not even with rad herb and spice knowledge.

I need help with something:

640x341.jpg

Is the yellow bush and tan gear enough friction wise to hold the axle in place while red gear (which is without friction) is sliding along the axle? The use of axle with stop is not an option.

27 minutes ago, pagicence said:

I need help with something:

Is the yellow bush and tan gear enough friction wise to hold the axle in place while red gear (which is without friction) is sliding along the axle? The use of axle with stop is not an option.

Hard to say without knowing what it's use will be, alternately you could use two half bushs, I think that would give you a little more resistance. 

@Johnny1360 do you think that 2 half bushes have more friction that 1 yellow bush? If that is the case then I can use 2 half bushes instead of 1 yellow bush, but the tan gear must stay.

2 half bushes definitely have more friction.. it's a common Official Lego technique, used in many sets, when the designer wants to make sure an axle doesn't slide out

I've always gotten the impression that even a single half-bush gives more friction than a single full-bush. May also depend on the specific part though; a number of my older full-bushes are damaged, and I own at least 3 different variants of the half bush and they do not all have the same friction.