17605988043_d6aa943283_b.jpg

Sector 7

The Hamilton Belt - 3185

It was Koro's first time piloting his Zero in such tight conditions. The asteroids of the Belt flew past him, pinging his HUD with collision warnings. He manoeuvred through them, wishing repeatedly that Kawashita would get busy designing a single-pilot combat capable space-mech with better miniaturization. Some of the asteroids were the size of hail, and those were the dangerous ones. He was far from an ace pilot, and it was all he could do to keep the Zero intact as he closed in on the opportunist pirates that had taken up operations in the sector.

He finally spotted a gun platform, its cleats lodged deep into the crust of a small asteroid. Most of the rocks in The Belt were the size of large boulders, and many of them had Awesomnium crystals visibly jutting from otherwise unremarkable balls of old rock and useless minerals. The pirates lacked the technology and know-how to extract the real wealth from those rocks, and waited to prey on mining expeditions or trade caravans just as pirates had done as far back as the nautical age.

The gun platform spotted him and opened fire and, just like that, it was on. He blasted through dozens of asteroids, gun platforms, and highly-manoeuvrable spacewalker units. The Zero was more than a match for them, but Koro was troubled anyway. He noticed their discipline, the sophistication and uniformity of their equipment... something was wrong here. Very wrong. But he filed the information, and the feelings, away in some corner of his hardware. He focused on the mission, blasting the asteroids where the pirates had set up, dispersing them with judicious bursts of plasma from the Zero's triplicannons. He took on the aspect of an angry angel, delivering wrath to the darkest kind of space.

Alternate Shots:

18227849181_e9a67803e3_b.jpg

18226581605_2b1c95bea0_b.jpg

17605975553_1037d51ae6_b.jpg

18200086536_97e14dd42c_b.jpg

17605966773_c266bfcbc8_b.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty cool, I guess...

Seriously, that's amazing, asteroid field is such a cool but difficult concept, and you totally nailed it.

The supremacy of Kawashita Technology in action... absolutely stunning build Mccoyed!

Great build! Love the exploding asteroid and cannon as well as the awesome mech!

Spectacular! Amazing build and a thrilling story, couldn't be better.

Just like in your entry for the first week, you create another impressive dynamic scene. And yet, just like in your first entry, there is serenity to this scene, as well.

The death angel comes

Beautiful violent death

Silent in deep space

Overall, this build is spectacular! I really like the asteroids you made along with the Zero but I also really like the story. I also like how you made and described the tactics of the pirates too. :thumbup:

Rock on mccoyed! I really like this presentation of your epic mech. :thumbup: The explosion effect is absolutely fantastic in that asteroid on the right.

Hopefully these pirates are not endemic throughout the galaxy!

Very nice build mccoyed! Well done on the whole build, I really like the asteroids and the story. :classic:

This is a really excellent MOC! I love the implication of motion and the asteroids, and the Mech itself is exquisite! That's Kawashita tech for sure! Lovely!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

So I couldn't quite stay away from this version of the Zero even though I'm fairly unhappy with certain flaws in its design. It's too big, too awkward, and breaks too easily to see the kind of MOCing use I wanted to do. That said, I took more pictures that fully showcased the Zero, which was too hard to do in an action scene. Enjoy!

17697334394_9a97b0b0dc_c.jpg

17697331884_596c8597d1_c.jpg

18132204720_8b62f1776d_c.jpg

18133743369_8c0fc602d0_c.jpg

17697345684_68755ac86a_c.jpg

18319956175_fc9684572a_c.jpg

I have since redesigned and rebuilt it, so get excited because V2 is smaller, better, and sturdier!

Yeah, that's pretty cool, I guess...

Seriously, that's amazing, asteroid field is such a cool but difficult concept, and you totally nailed it.

I owe Orange Leader for the idea. And his asteroids are WAY better than mine. :P

The supremacy of Kawashita Technology in action... absolutely stunning build Mccoyed!

Thanks narbilu-sama. The Zero is truly a formidable weapon, but if only it weren't so big and fragile...

Wonderful build and I have to admit that It's nice to see some action!

Thanks OL. You inspired a big chunk of this one.

Great build! Love the exploding asteroid and cannon as well as the awesome mech!

Thanks Mike!

Spectacular! Amazing build and a thrilling story, couldn't be better.

That's really kind, Robuko. I actually think a better view of the mech would be much... better. I'm gonna remedy that.

Just like in your entry for the first week, you create another impressive dynamic scene. And yet, just like in your first entry, there is serenity to this scene, as well.

The death angel comes

Beautiful violent death

Silent in deep space

Awesome, another fitting haiku. Thanks a lot Pombe!

Overall, this build is spectacular! I really like the asteroids you made along with the Zero but I also really like the story. I also like how you made and described the tactics of the pirates too. :thumbup:

Thanks Goliath. These pirates may not be what they seem...

Rock on mccoyed! I really like this presentation of your epic mech. :thumbup: The explosion effect is absolutely fantastic in that asteroid on the right.

Hopefully these pirates are not endemic throughout the galaxy!

Koro will find out. There was definitely something odd about them!

Nice build, but you still serve the wrong corp.

Very cool!

Amazing mech and asteroids!

Amazing build! Great show of Kawashita's technology. The way you crated the asteroid field is really cool! I also like the story!

Very nice build mccoyed! Well done on the whole build, I really like the asteroids and the story. :classic:

Super impressive!

Thanks guys!

Well, in Koro's defense... KG sorta owns 90% of his body.

This is a really excellent MOC! I love the implication of motion and the asteroids, and the Mech itself is exquisite! That's Kawashita tech for sure! Lovely!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I'm glad you like the mech. You're about to be happier.

Great story, with a bit of an omnious ending, leaving you wanting more...

Regarding the build... I've been in love with it since you posted it in the PM thread. I think it's beautiful, both in itself and because I love all things mech. Seeing it in action makes it even better.

Despite this, since you said you weren't completely enamorated with the V1 design, I'm going to give some ideas. Or, it's really just one idea. My only issue with the build is the "stumpiness" of the arms. It makes the mech look a bit disproportional. If you were to add another set of arms under the cannons (or place the cannons on the shoulders of a larger set of arms), this would enhance the model both from a visual and structural viewpoint. Arms are an important part of the balance of bipedals (especially those with forward pointing knees), plus it would enhance movement in zero-G (better latteral movement through offsetting of the arms). Also (obviously), a couple of arms would add versatility in the number of tools/weapons the Angel would be able able to use.

Anyway, a lot of "critisism", but ultimately, I really, really adore your design, great job!

This is excellent, you are an asset to our company.

Why thank you!

Great story, with a bit of an omnious ending, leaving you wanting more...

Regarding the build... I've been in love with it since you posted it in the PM thread. I think it's beautiful, both in itself and because I love all things mech. Seeing it in action makes it even better.

Despite this, since you said you weren't completely enamorated with the V1 design, I'm going to give some ideas. Or, it's really just one idea. My only issue with the build is the "stumpiness" of the arms. It makes the mech look a bit disproportional. If you were to add another set of arms under the cannons (or place the cannons on the shoulders of a larger set of arms), this would enhance the model both from a visual and structural viewpoint. Arms are an important part of the balance of bipedals (especially those with forward pointing knees), plus it would enhance movement in zero-G (better latteral movement through offsetting of the arms). Also (obviously), a couple of arms would add versatility in the number of tools/weapons the Angel would be able able to use.

Anyway, a lot of "critisism", but ultimately, I really, really adore your design, great job!

I totally get that, though the V1 was never intended to have arms. The triplicannons are just gun attachments. I was always basing the Zero off the design of the Zero fighter from Jupiter Ascending, which is a FAR MORE intricate armless attack vehicle. Observe this concept art:

http://lookbook.jupiterascending.com/intl/uk/images/assets/Zero-07.jpg

Can't get anywhere NEAR that but armlessness is part of the deal. The V1 had better "fused" legs than the V2 but I don't mind compromising on that.

Why thank you!

[...]

I totally get that, though the V1 was never intended to have arms. The triplicannons are just gun attachments. I was always basing the Zero off the design of the Zero fighter from Jupiter Ascending, which is a FAR MORE intricate armless attack vehicle. Observe this concept art:

http://lookbook.jupi...ets/Zero-07.jpg

Can't get anywhere NEAR that but armlessness is part of the deal. The V1 had better "fused" legs than the V2 but I don't mind compromising on that.

God, I love those fractured wings and that sleek carbon-fiber futureish body design. Still, I can't help but feel like it's a picture of a robot with it's arms clipped off. ;)

I think they wanted it to look like a bird or a bee, kinda. Because I opted for more standard biped legs on my Zero, it's sort of a different effect. The V2 doesn't have the stubby "arm" cannons anymore, though. So we'll see what you make of it when I post it.

Ah, I understand (ish... in that case, it would still lack a bottom/tail fin ;)). As I said, I still love V1, but I'm stoked to see what you make of V2! :)