Derfel Cadarn

Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

indexed.gif

Hi there, its been a long while since I last built something as ive been busy over the summer. So I thought its about time I got building again. This is NOT part of my Myths & Legends series, so there isn't a real story to it. Its just a moc to get me back in the spirit of building again!

Enjoy :classic:

5063209348_44137c591c_z.jpg

A group of mercyless Dragon Knights are storming the country, stopping at every Lord and wealthy Landowner's domain and laying down their terms! You either pay for peace, or be wiped out! Simple. The price is steep, but what about the loss of lives?

Can you put a price on peace?!!!!

5062189530_a55ee12b7c_z.jpg

Stormy skys above mirror the gloomy situation below.

5062181060_a096ae5343_z.jpg

5062178632_c7e7b45c77_z.jpg

5061575259_4ee77385d9_z.jpg

5061562143_3c68f0837d_z.jpg

The Dragon Knights might not have it so easy however. The Falcons are secretly forming another welcoming party. These guys dont wanna pay for peace!

For more and larger pics feel free to visit my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/

Edited by I Scream Clone

B E A utiful!

You create some of the most stunning Lego scenes I've ever seen. I can feel this scene. The gorgeous house with the supports at the bottom, not sure what they are called but I love them. Then the army of soldiers marching onto the tranquil scene. There is so much to see and it is truley a beautiful MOC.

I'd say you've outdone yourself, but this is the kind of perfection I've come to expect from you Sir Cardarn. :thumbup:

DROP DEAD AWESOME ! :grin:

The surrounding greenery and that manor is just too much, excellent designing there 'Derfel Cardarn' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

*huh*:oh3: That's AMAZING!!!! You put so many details in it! I really like the ripples where the fish is coming out of the water.

Whoa! *oh2*

Thats amazing! Insane details, man! I love the ripples and the forestman stealing the pig... great work! :thumbup:

Great work Derfel Cardarn. :thumbup:

I just saw it on flickr, and it is really great.

The second photo you posted looks really well done. :sweet:

I really like the landscaping and the finished building, which I saw earlier.

That burned down building looks also nice.

the Inventor

Well done, this entire thing is insanely beautiful and detailed, so much so that I can't choose one thing to compliment, so I'll just lay down a blanket compliment of freaking awesomely epic! Well done mate, and definitely keep bricking! :classic::thumbup:

"Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? "

I BUY IT! :laugh:

One word, F A B O L U S!

You never stop stunning me! Landscape, details, buildings... Everything is just perfect.

Now, shall we discuss about the prize? :laugh:

Oh, and i would say at this should be frontpaged!

Captain Becker

I am totally amazed by the sheer incredible amount of details that you have put into this massive big diorama. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing it with us. I could just sit still and admire it all day long. :sweet:

Amazing work! There are so many details that you practically need some time to discover them all. I'll second that the second photo is great because having the peasants working on the field in the foreground and the soldiers marching in the background produces a movie-like scene.

Well done Derfel Cardarn! It's the least I can say. :sweet:

I love it! I must say Defel, you make some of the best landscaping scenes here. and the building, stunning! You need to make a tutorial on your landscaping. Great work as always! :thumbup::thumbup:

This is a terriffic moc. :thumbup::classic:

I love the building and the landscape.

The idea of this medievil mafia is nice done. The soldier who's wearing a white flag has also flowers for the dragons guys and I find that hilarious.

But will the falcon army attack them from the other side?

It's maybe better for all civilians to flee away.

Nice MOC :thumbup: Most of the plants-stuff can be seen in most of your MOC's but still, they are always great to look at :classic:

I like all your scenes of regular people just doing their daily bussiness. And the buildings are good as well.

Good job!

A beautiful piece of work DC! Love the curved beams supporting the house. The scenery is nicely done as well with all the usual action you weave in to it. Just a small critique is the ground is a little too verdant, it feels like there is too much in the way of grass on the land. Its not a major thing though and the rest of the details are just outstanding.

Great stuff and Frontpaged too.

Thanks for all your kind words. I kinda wish i'd built a better story round this, but maybe next time.

@IscreamClone: Cheers mate! Yes I do agree about the grass, I noticted when building that I needed more rocks, but I have another moc on the go that has virtually used up most of my dark bley, so I was a bit stuck. But I was going for a sort of countryside overgrown look, so I thought i'd get away with it.

Thanks again!

I'd buy it, no matter the cost....

I know, I know, you're not selling your creations, already told me..bummer.

P.S.: Beyond incredible, as always! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us!

Edited by Renthicya

Truly beautiful, you keep getting better at getting detail into the buildings. :thumbup:

As the Benelux-Whatever-Team is planning a diorama, this is a great inspiration, just love it!

Really nicely done, what I like most about this is the attention to detail in the vegetation and landscaping, that's always something I look for in castle MOCs, and you've done an admirable job here. How did you do the white ripples on the water? I'm intrigued by those.

The burnt out house is a lovely detail, and the main building is masterfully built, love the offset angle you've achieved, it's nice to see MOCs that try and break out from the 90 degree constraints of placing bricks on bricks. There is a lot to look at in this, thanks for sharing. :sweet:

How did you do the white ripples on the water? I'm intrigued by those.

I agree, on the high res pictures it looks like it could be chalk, liquid paper or white marker. Sound right DC?