Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

Rest in peace Dieter. Your countless contributions to this forum will be so greatly missed. It's so sudden, and he was so young. Such a tragedy.

I only heard about it today after my brother told me, since I don't frequent these forums on a regular basis anymore. Even though I didn't know him, I nevertheless knew what he meant to this community as a friend and a supporting member, the tragedy only the greater because of his young age. My thoughts go out to his family and friends and the EB community. I wish I'd come on here more often and got to know you, Dieter.

Rust zacht, vriend.

Edited by Hairy Ruben

I really enjoyed getting to know Zorro in the forums. For a Lego pirate, I was very surprised by the amount of generosity, consideration, and friendliness. I would have loved to meet him in real life given the opportunity. He will be missed by myself and the classic-pirates forum. :pir-cry_sad:

-Frederick

I didn't personally know him, but saw him post a few times. Its no fair pass away at such a young age. I am truly sorry for he's family and will keep them in payer.

RIP

How did he die, by the way? A death at such a young age is usually not a death from natural causes. It would be good to know, as a warning for the rest of us, as also with that fellow who founded bricklink and who also died young.

Even if I didn't know Dieter very well, I was shocked about this sad news.

I remembered seeing him at the 2009 Event...

Leaving so young...

A thought to his familly and all the people he left behind.

I didn't know him, nor i visited Pirates forums but i see that he was a good man always willing to help someone.I feel very sad for his family.

My condolences to his family.

RIP Zorro, Eurobricks will remember you!

:pir_bawling:

I too did not know Dieter, nor did I pass through the Pirates forum at all. However, a death within any community, such as ours, is a sad event. Dieter's age makes it all the more tragic and hard hitting.

Thankyou Dieter for all the hard work and time that you invested into this community and thanks for being the fantastic ambassador for our hobby wherever you went.

My thoughts are with your family.

R.I.P.

RIP

How did he die, by the way? A death at such a young age is usually not a death from natural causes. It would be good to know, as a warning for the rest of us, as also with that fellow who founded bricklink and who also died young.

Free life lesson; if someone doesn't tell you a personal detail there's a good chance they either can't or don't want to.

It is really too bad he passed away.

Such a friendly, strong and memorable person, died so young.

I am glad to have met him and maybe someday well meet again, until then; rest in peace!

My thoughts are with his family.

This is sad news - my thoughts are with his family and friends.

He will surely be missed in the community. He did wonderful things for us all.

This is very bad news. I only knew him from his postings on EB, but he was always a great guy to have around and discuss Lego with. He will be missed. :pir-cry_sad:

After you have been on this site for a while, there are names you remember, people whom you know are well respected-- people whose opinions should mean something to you. Zorro was that type of person to me. A person who, though I never personally met, could let me know a MOC was on track with a single comment.

I know that most of us who frequent this site only knew a little about "the man behind the mask", only knew the little bit of his life that he shared here but I know, he stepped into an important role on Classic-pirates.com at the very moment help was requested and I think that says a lot about him. I hope he was as positive and helpful in all areas of his life as he was here.

He will be missed by memebers, the staff, his family and friends, including Bonaparte, whom inspired Zorro to join the forums, and me.

-The “other” Z.

I am writing this in pure shock and with such a very heavy heart. I was lucky enough to work with Dieter on a couple projects at Classic-Pirates. He was such a stand up guy. He really took the business and image of the site very seriously and I think that showed in the quality of the site. He generously shared so much of his time and talent with this community. He was the man behind some of the funniest “titles” I have read on EB. He loved a good title.

Twenty-seven is far too young to pass away. My deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends. You will be missed Zorro.

I'm going to miss Dieter, he was a true friend, someone you could always rely upon to both put in the hard work while keeping a fantastic sense of humour. I can still see much of that humour around the place now, in the many titles he used to give out. I'm glad I had the chance to know Dieter, to laugh with him, and to work along side him. This is a tragic loss, one which I don't think we'll ever truly get used to. My thoughts go out to the family, I hope they know how much he meant to all of us.

I, too, have some words to say.

Although dying at the age of 27, he died doing what he loved. His legacy is passed on by us, his friends here at Eurobricks. Sometimes, God has plans for others, even if it means making someone leave us by ourselves without anyone to lead them. Although we cry, it is okay to do so, because sometimes even the most hard-boiled of them all must cry. I too never knew Dieter, but I know he stands by God's side, and I have my best regards for his family and close friends.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Although I didn't knew him in person, he made a few comments on my creations and his contribution to this community was outstanding. I've read many of his posts and please accept my sincerest condolences...

RIP Dieter.

Marko (Croatia)

very very sad news, my thoughts with family and it can't pass unnoticed that this is the third person from lego community in past few months that passed away so young. R.I.P.

I was one of the few who had the chance to meet this friendly member in real life at our event in Günzburg 2009.

zorro.jpg

I'm really shocked to see that he left us forever. I sincerely hope he is at a better place now.

People step into our lifes and accompany us for a while.

Some stay forever because the leave traces in our heart.

Thank you so much Dieter, we will never forget you!

Thanks Holodoc for that picture.

Good times we had at that Event.

This is how I'll remember the masked avenger - funny and friendly.